Who lives in Thailand? (just for fun)

simon43

Who lives in Thailand? (Just for fun)  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Full time here, used to bounce back to UK a few months of each year until the UK, as I knew it, has disappeared, so I am happy to call Thailand my home.

Best decision I ever made, especially considering the rocketing cost of living in the UK these days.

I could never have the quality and standard of living I have here, in the UK that's for sure. ????

Same same  -  except I do like to spend 4/6 weeks in Europe to escape the extreme summer heat/humidity here.

42 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thailand is not for the meek or those of meager means who want to live a decent life and not day by day.

But doesn't that apply to most places on earth, not just Thailand ?

7 minutes ago, Excel said:

But doesn't that apply to most places on earth, not just Thailand ?

It very well could be said that it is.  However, life in Thailand for me is averaging 1/3rd of what my costs in the US would be.  When I went for my trip back in January/February I was shocked with how much things had increased across the board, but the fuel prices for gas and propane have just exploded over there and even though they have increased here, it is far cheaper to live here and I can keep my savings flush.

• Like 1

Living here since 2002.

From 2002 - 2008 (short visits (max 3-4 months) every other year to my home country)

From 2008  Full time 100%

And since then only went back 2 times (for short holidays) last time was in 2013

Edited by MJCM

Been in Thailand 18 years now and, while certainly there are the financial advantages, I came here for the anonymity. People became very intrusive in US as to who you are, what do you do, and the 'can this person help me more than I can help them' equation.

Here in a Thailand, nobody much cares who you are unless you want people to know who you are.

Edited by jerrymahoney

Moved here in 1996.  At the time, in Udon, mostly leftover GIs from Vietnam daze.  An early conversation with one who had been here since 1972 told me not to lose touch with reality (life in the US).  My wife and I find our trips to the US reinvigorate our desire to continue living in Thailand......we always have a good time in the US, prices be damned........but we lead a completely different life here 18km outside of Udon.  Naturally, there are pluses and minues on both sides, but the pluses outweigh the minuses.  We choose to live here....we could have chosen many other places........and I can't imagine staying here if the minuses outweighed the pluses.

• Thanks 1