Engelbert Humperdinck in hua Hin

Seppius

Lets not be ageist here. Paul McCartney at Glastonbury was incredible the other week for several energetic hours and he is 80. Surely we should be more forgiving & respectfull to senior gentlemen who go to Thailand  in their later years. There are few other alternatives, surely? 

Edited by peter48
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

In the early sixties, Engelbert, Tom Jones and Cliff Richard were the stars of the world. Young people may not like their songs but the old ones have a sentimental memories of those days. My Thai landlord a retired general in the army in his 72 years of age plays their songs day and night. and I, myself have been one of the biggest fan of them. Insulting the elderly only shows how low you are, and no one asks for your opinion, or pushing you to attend, it's merely information.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Why these old farts carry on is beyond me. Everyone raving about McCartney appearing in the recent jubilee celebrations, let's say it as it was he was absolute <deleted>.

They carry on because they love what they do and still perform to sell out crowds. Same with the Stones.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

They carry on because they love what they do and still perform to sell out crowds. Same with the Stones.

Rumour has it the Stones are booked for Hua Hin in 2030,

34053.jpg

Edited by Excel

On 8/9/2022 at 6:50 PM, KannikaP said:

As did Gilbert O Sullivan. Gordon Mills, A right criminal.

Gilbert O'Sullivan was dreadful, terrible voice and song writing ability. How he had any hits I just cannot understand.

"Oh Wakka doo Wakka day?? What does that mean?? Is that what one would call song writing ability?? :cheesy::cheesy: As for his singing, I've heard a better noise flushing the toilet.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Gilbert O'Sullivan was dreadful, terrible voice and song writing ability. How he had any hits I just cannot understand.

"Oh Wakka doo Wakka day?? What does that mean?? Is that what one would call song writing ability?? :cheesy::cheesy: As for his singing, I've heard a better noise flushing the toilet.

I think he was one of the most musical, lyrically clever songwriters of the 70/80s, a very unique piano style. 

If you don't like Ooh Wakka Day, what about Da do doo doo, da dah dah dah (Police), Obladi Oblada, Da Doo Ron Ron, Sha la la la lee, Doo Wah Diddy Diddy, Hi Lilly hi low and many many more. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Nothing Rhymed, Alone Again and Claire were masterpieces.

• Like 1

Well to reiterate McCartney at 80 ( age not important) wowed millions on late night BBC 1 TV at Glastonbury with a performance at least 2.5 hrs long with new songs and all the greats. His talent, energy and connection with the massive crowds was awesome. Age is not important-  its your performance and his fantastic orchestra and guests too.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, peter48 said:

Well to reiterate McCartney at 80 ( age not important) wowed millions on late night BBC 1 TV at Glastonbury with a performance at least 2.5 hrs long with new songs and all the greats. His talent, energy and connection with the massive crowds was awesome. Age is not important-  its your performance and his fantastic orchestra and guests too.  

Lennon was the talented one

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 4 weeks later...