Tourism ministry to propose zoning for night spots to operate up to 4am

snoop1130

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's not really a tourist  issue.  It's the locals  who want to stay out late especially around Walking Street  in Pattaya.

Same with the night clubs in Bangkok  before the clampdown - some clubs didn't  close  till 7am and Swing used to open  at 9am.

I remember when Thermaes used to close  at 7am.

If I remember rightly, the bars used to close (officially!) at 2 am, and if the girls hadn't got a "punter" by then, they would hang out at Thermae. Obviously, the better looking ones had already been snapped up, but there was no bar fine at Thermae so it suited the "Cheap Charlies"!

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's not really a tourist  issue.  It's the locals  who want to stay out late especially around Walking Street  in Pattaya.

Same with the night clubs in Bangkok  before the clampdown - some clubs didn't  close  till 7am and Swing used to open  at 9am.

I think it was 2006 that they introduced the hours they have now, the interior minister was Khun Purachai. Up until then there was all night drinking, as there still is in Cambodia

14 minutes ago, sambum said:

The reference to "burning alive" and "blocked exits" is not funny  - if anything a bit disrespectful to victims of the recent night club fire, so I also think that the laughing emoticon was out of order and needless really - it didn't add anything to the post, just caused offence to some people.

I'm not sorry  for anything that was said what is disrespect in my opinion although RIP,  to the death and victim is to sadly moan and not express even in humor as if nothing had happened what Thai do is sweep it under the rock and that is exactly the problem here.  I don't see what was said or emoji as the problem the problem is those like yourself are the problem silence isn't always golden!  

The topic was for those who want to party all night that criticize those who don't like myself there is a time and place sadly majority of the places that open all night are fire traps waiting to happen which is what happen in Sattahip. Maybe the Thai officials who read and monitor Asean read my comments and do something so it doesn't ever happen again. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism and Sports Minister to propose opening hours extension for entertainment venues in popular tourist attractions
By Goongnang Suksawat

image.jpeg

The Minister of Tourism and Sports is preparing to propose the opening hours extension of entertainment venues from 2:00 AM. to 4:00 AM. to be in line with tourist behavior.

Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn revealed on Thursday, August 11th, that the proposal will be introduced in the meeting of the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) for their approval next week.

Phiphat added: “The extension is in line with the foreign tourists’ behavior, such as European and Middle Eastern nationals who regularly started dinner around 10:00 PM. and started drinking at midnight. 

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/08/11/tourism-and-sports-minister-to-propose-opening-hours-extension-for-entertainment-venues-in-popular-tourist-attractions/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-08-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Some good news, 2am is a little early for closing. Used to be 4am previously so no chance to the law

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports will propose to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) next month the setting up of zones, in which pubs and bars would be allowed to operate up to 4am, instead of 2am currently.

:drunk:

24 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

:drunk:

Why hasn't the CCSA been disbanded if covid is now endemic and under the auspices of the CDC and in less than a month will be classified the same as the Flu.....This country clings to power it bestows upon itself so ridiculously.  Shouldn't Parliament be entrusted with changing operating hours or better yet local governments.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, internationalism said:

before covid closing time was 2am.

Local residents need to rest. Also people working at those places should get some respect.

Somewhat odd response....

Local residents need to rest.   How many people actually reside in (for example) Walking Street?

Also people working at those places should get some respect.  Offering more employment seems good to me...shift work opportunities perhaps?

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

As if the carnage on the Thai Roads is not bad enough already.

This proposal that will see people drinking till 4 AM, then driving Home for a couple of Hours sleep before then driving to their place of work will only add fuel to the fire of Road Deaths in Thailand.

That logic would see any bar closed and a nationwide ban of alcohol. 

People who work at 9am are rarely out until 4am...  

Drink driving is a cultural issue, not a timing issue... the selfish ayholes on the road at 2am will be on the road at 4am - no difference is numbers...

There is no need at all for either Tourists or Locals to drink until 4 AM.

It could the argued that there is no need for tourists to be out later than 10pm.

But they want to, so why stop them ?...   its fine in other countries.... so whats different in Thailand ?

They all just need to start an Hour or so earlier in the Evening to acquire the same amount of consumption.

Flawed logic - its just about enjoyment thats all.. why put rules and timing on it at all. 

As seems to be the way here, Money overshadows all else - even lives.

While I agree, money overshadows all else, it does so in most countries. 

But the criticism of licensing hours seems flawed and borne of more puritanical killjoy perspective and attempting to shoe-horn additional risk into the argument than providing any real logic.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

yes i stayed there till closing time on     several occasions  .. didnt see trink wander in though  ... the seat at the bar with missing cushion was never sat on

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I can see it now, the drunks stagger out at 4am, head to a food stall, grab some chow, and drive home still impaired at 7am as commuters are heading to work and students to school, what could possibly go wrong in the grand scheme to grab more money........

Don't kid yourself, it hasn't changed from the beginning of covid!!

On 8/11/2022 at 9:44 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

You talk about Pattaya, which is like the only place in entire Thailand where you can get a 10-20 baht baht bus. Many places it would cost easily 1000 baht round way if taking a taxi, and some places there won't even be transport home, unless it is your own bike.

Anywhere BOLT operates is cheap. But I was thinking about Pattaya and  Bangkok and  Roi et, Udon Thani and Khon Kaen. Sometimes people share  taxis or arrange other pick  up  systems. Anyway you don't limit people's freedom of choice and the economic  development and wealth of a community based on potential  law breakers!

IRRESPECTIVE of tourism the nighttime economy  of cities and towns is massively beneficial and a massive  wealth  generator.

7 hours ago, NobbyClarke said:

I remember 24/7 hours, polite, friendly staff, excellent bar girls, 68 to the pound and very little crime.

It was safe to stagger out of a bar without being beaten up or robbed.

Los was Los

It still is..

Nothing has changed in that  respect  but the exchange  rate has changed and TBH we do get a lot worse  low class, thick tourists these days  Tattooed yobs  and football hooligan types.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2022 at 3:14 AM, smedly said:

Time to move

Time to move, to a garbage and criminal infested city like Pattaya, because the rest of Thailand is bad because of lacking 10 baht bus options? Sigh.

If I wanted to be surrounded by that type of people, on average, I might as well move back home. And yes I know pattaya is big and there is more to it, I lived there myself, but the reality is as described above.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

15 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Time to move, to a garbage and criminal infested city like Pattaya, because the rest of Thailand is bad because of lacking 10 baht bus options? Sigh.

If I wanted to be surrounded by that type of people, on average, I might as well move back home. And yes I know pattaya is big and there is more to it, I lived there myself, but the reality is as described above.

No the reality is not as you describe. What you describe is the jaundiced perception of someone who is a loser or suffering from depression. At the height of the  season before covid Pattaya  was getting millions  of visitors and to  suggest  they are criminals is wrong and not true.

As for garbage yes collection  routes could be improved but they are as good as part of London.

Pattaya  is on of the most interesting cities in the world and the only truly cosmopolitan city in Thailand. Its has  the bedrock  foundation to be a major world city. Yes we lack art galleries, theatres, races courses and parks but people who  dismiss Pattaya  using the casual clichés of garbage and crime should look our own western  cities  riddled with gun  violence,  acid  throwing and knife crime and in the  UK an ineffectual,  corrupt police force in cities where girl's aren't safe at night.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No the reality is not as you describe. What you describe is the jaundiced perception of someone who is a loser or suffering from depression. At the height of the  season before covid Pattaya  was getting millions  of visitors and to  suggest  they are criminals is wrong and not true.

As for garbage yes collection  routes could be improved but they are as good as part of London.

Pattaya  is on of the most interesting cities in the world and the only truly cosmopolitan city in Thailand. Its has  the bedrock  foundation to be a major world city. Yes we lack art galleries, theatres, races courses and parks but people who  dismiss Pattaya  using the casual clichés of garbage and crime should look our own western  cities  riddled with gun  violence,  acid  throwing and knife crime and in the  UK an ineffectual,  corrupt police force in cities where girl's aren't safe at night.

The only true cosmopolitan city in Thailand, that's rich....you must have bumped your head. Let's try Bangkok is a true cosmopolitan city....much better.

Bangkok, Thai Krung Thep, city, capital, and chief port of Thailand. It is the only cosmopolitan city in a country of small towns and villages and is Thailand's cultural and commercial centre.
Edited by ThailandRyan

On 8/15/2022 at 6:38 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

It isn't my reality and I still live here!