Trump under investigation for potential violations of Espionage Act

Scott

2 hours ago, habanero said:

Really? Every time I purchase a firearm and do a background check, I am investigated by the FBI.

Just goes to show that you have missed the irony of the statements from the orange clown. Never mind, keep trying to understand!!

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

US is not there YET but it's getting very close now. The US regime in Washington is now arresting their political adversaries. We're always crying about little laws politicians break but they never seem to be punished until it's a figure like Trump. What do non-Americans think of the last election where the outcome completely changed in the morning after un counted ballots came in after polls closed and people were sleeping? All of this sounds like some 3rd world country to me. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if some kind of coup happens in one of the following elections.

Perhaps Trump should not have encouraged the 6th Jan attacks on Capitol hill and when he left office took with him highly classified documents, then the US would not be where it is now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

All the evidence says mass postal voter fraud is virtually impossible, due to the amount of attention ballots get from officials and party scrutineers..

No way, are you kidding? How do you even verify the person filled out the ballot? All they have is a signature and what are they comparing this against? There is no national database of signatures and there's not enough man power to carry this out. You could just print up the ballot and fill one out for another person then deliver it to the counters in the morning after you counted up the ballots needed to win.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You really are clueless aren't you? I believe if a democrat ex-pres had done this there would be no investigation and that this will be drawn out till mid-terms in a desperate attempt to salvage the tarnished image of biden. You think folks who post proTrump posts are automatically MAGA guys. Me I really don't want Trump to run again.

The sloppiness of the White house's record keeping is certainly in question. 

Oh yeah, it's entertaining reading all the over the top anti Trump comments. Such insane hatred  ????

Since no Democratic President, or any other politician I am aware of, was ever stupid enough to do what Trump did, we may never know.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

all I know is that Trump was winning when I went to bed and when I woke up the election had swung. If I saw that pattern in another country I would assume it was fraud but there's this sense in the US that "it can't happen here, that's what happens in 3rd world countries" etc... I wouldn't put it past the regime in Washington of course.

Personally I don't see the point in voting with mail in ballots. You should get to vote during open hours while on video and when the polls close that's it. Count all the votes before everyone goes home and call it a day.

As it is now boxes of ballots can show up in the middle of the night, or whenever and we have to take their word they are valid. Americans don't trust the system enough at this point to conduct elections this way.

"Personally I don't see the point in voting with mail in ballots. You should get to vote during open hours while on video and when the polls close that's it."

I see.  You want to disenfranchise senior citizens who have limited mobility, military people stationed outside their home state, snowbirds who are registered to vote in northern states but winter in the sunbelt, etc.

You want to disenfranchise a lot of Republican voters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

No way, are you kidding? How do you even verify the person filled out the ballot? All they have is a signature and what are they comparing this against? There is no national database of signatures and there's not enough man power to carry this out. You could just print up the ballot and fill one out for another person then deliver it to the counters in the morning after you counted up the ballots needed to win.

Absentee ballots are only sent to, and accepted from, registered voters.  How would the people fraudulently filling out ballots know that the legitimate voters won't also vote?  Why aren't there stories of massive numbers of double vote attempts leading to investigations of the fraudulent absentee votes?  And why would people commit this crime and face the stiff penalties filling out fraudulent absentee ballots that will probably not affect the outcome of the election?

People who are willing to risk prison time to commit fraud usually want to commit a fraud that will pay well.  Voter fraud doesn't do that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pomchop said:

but hey when he went to sleep trump was winning and when he woke up he was not....that sure looks like hard core solid evidence of massive voter fraud to anyone who gulps kool aide....pathetic.

Perhaps you should stay awake more instead of laying their dreaming ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1