Trump under investigation for potential violations of Espionage Act

Scott

18 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Oh no, not more bad news!

"Donald Trump gets hit with TERRIBLE news as it's revealed that the Trump Organization's former CFO Allan Weisselberg will accept a plea deal for a 15-year tax fraud scheme and testify against The Trump Organization if prosecutors ask him to."

This may be potentially financially devastating to Trump's beloved Trump organization. 

41 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Give it up.  You and your cronies have ZERO evidence of any significant voter fraud.  If you do then post it for the world to see and you will be a forever hero in your tin hat kool aide cult.  Otherwise please don't waste anyone's time with all your absurd posts, theories, and BS.

They've got nothing but in Trumpist alternative facts world it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

yes I know. That's the problem. I don't trust these people and this process of "anything can happen after the polls close, it's settled etc..." is not good enough. This will sow seeds of distrust for millions of people and backfire on the Democrats eventually.

I wonder who are 'these people' that you don't trust.  Voting by mail is nothing new; it's just being used more.  All 50 states have some mechanism in place for voters to vote without actually going to a physical polling place.  Nothing new there, either.   Voting absentee and by mail has never been a problem in the past with any election.  Trump decided to try to make it an issue with his blatant lies, which he continues to lie about to this day.   

If someone chooses to believe his lies, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, well, nothing can be done about that.  I would suggest, however, that Republicans get with the program and embrace mail-in voting as it is not going away and it proved to be a big advantage to the Democrats in 2020.   Rather than trying to make it harder for Democrats to vote, they should focus on making it equally easier for Republicans to vote--they've got the advantage going for them with the cursed Electoral College that allows them to win even when they lose the popular vote--see the 2000 and 2016 elections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Well, he got that right, at least.

Suckers and rubes, the poorly educated, the losers who fear competing in a world where just being a white male isn't enough anymore, and the kind of person who is so willfully ignorant or lost the Birth Lottery so badly that they think HRC and Tom Hanks control the world, rape, roast and eat babies.

Then there are the pure fascists, who hate democracy and would prefer the US has a dictator.

His base represents the worst the species has to offer, the most vile collection of miscreants and low lifes this side of Hell.

The deplorables.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

all I know is that Trump was winning when I went to bed and when I woke up the election had swung. If I saw that pattern in another country I would assume it was fraud but there's this sense in the US that "it can't happen here, that's what happens in 3rd world countries" etc... I wouldn't put it past the regime in Washington of course.

Personally I don't see the point in voting with mail in ballots. You should get to vote during open hours while on video and when the polls close that's it. Count all the votes before everyone goes home and call it a day.

As it is now boxes of ballots can show up in the middle of the night, or whenever and we have to take their word they are valid. Americans don't trust the system enough at this point to conduct elections this way.

Was it your first election? You do know that every single election since the dawn of time has done the same thing? Dems have always favored mail in voting, which is why the GOP is trying so hard to run a false narrative that mail in voting is unsafe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Listen, this sort of thing happens in sports all the time. First half, one team gets a big lead. They go into the locker room and the coach reminds them to not get discouraged:  "If they can go up by 20 points in one half, we can do the same to them in the second half, and more! Grrr!"

It is tacitly understood that if one guy can do it......... the other guy can do it, too! Sports are riddled with stories exactly like this: "The Big Comeback!"

Yes, at one point on election night, Trump had a big lead.

Did you assume that Trump achieving such a big early lead on was because he had cheated? No, of course not!

But when you see that Biden has done the exact same thing that Trump had done......... lots of votes on one side, not the other.......... that it MUST BE because he was cheating?

Think about how inconsistent that logic is..........

One guy proves it is possible. But when the other guy does the exact same thing, you accuse him of cheating?

Trump's "lead" proved it was possible for one candidate to get that many votes ahead, in a relatively short period of time.

Biden's "Big Comeback" merely proves it can work both ways. It doesn't even remotely prove that cheating occurred!

Golf -- Down by 6 to 8 strokes going into the final round, and win the tournament.

Football and Basketball -- Down by 20 points at halftime but still win the game.

Baseball -- Down by 7 to 9 runs going into the 8th, and win the game.

Boxing -- Pummeled and outboxed for 7 rounds, then deliver a knockout blow.

7-game Playoff Series -- Lose the first 2 or 3 games, then win the next four to win the Series.

------------------

These things happen all the time!

Yet no one accuses the person who got the big lead in the first place of cheating.......... and no one accuses the "comeback" player or team of cheating!

-----------------

As far as we know, Trump may have had his big lead........... only because he cheated!

Or......... we can be rational and reasonable, instead.........

We can assume that neither the "Big Lead"......... nor the "Comeback"......... were the result of cheating!

Heck......... maybe the truth is......... BOTH cheated......... and it all balanced out!

Hahahaha!

Has he gone?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Well, he got that right, at least.

Suckers and rubes, the poorly educated, the losers who fear competing in a world where just being a white male isn't enough anymore, and the kind of person who is so willfully ignorant or lost the Birth Lottery so badly that they think HRC and Tom Hanks control the world, rape, roast and eat babies.

Then there are the pure fascists, who hate democracy and would prefer the US has a dictator.

His base represents the worst the species has to offer, the most vile collection of miscreants and low lifes this side of Hell.

Take a breather. Very emotional response. Do you believe in hell?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Exactly. 

For the grifter is was never really America First.

It was always Trump first, last  and always.

I reckon he thinks the cult members that swallow his rhetoric are suckers and rubes.

In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, why would he think any differently?

• Like 1

Some disturbing reports of whats being spread on Trump's Truth Social with private addresses being revealed

Trump’s Site Is Being Weaponized Against the FBI — and Their Families

And Trump himself is casting doubt about a recent attack on an FBI building, floating the idea that the attacker just wanted to make MAGA supporters look bad.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-truth-social-fbi-mar-a-lago-violence-1397317/

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, candide said:

From the link

"Trump supporters have spent the past week doxxing both Judge Bruce Reinhart, the magistrate judge who approved the Mar-a-Lago warrant, and an FBI agent involved in preparing the request, as well as their families. The information includes their purported home addresses, phone numbers, places of worship, private offices, and similar information about the men’s families and junior employees"

It stinks fascism!

Thoroughly disgusting. Also alot of the attacks on the judge are antisemitic. I guess they don't realize Garland is Jewish too.

https://www.jta.org/2022/08/10/politics/the-judge-who-signed-the-fbis-mar-a-lago-warrant-is-facing-violent-antisemitic-threats

• Like 2

The Trumps are now totally delusional.

Eric Trump: Republican Party Is Now the Trump Party

Following the result in which Hageman took at least 66.3 percent of the vote, to Cheney's 28.9 percent, the former president's second eldest son was asked on conservative channel Newsmax whether the Republican Party was now the "party of Trump."

"There's no question. I mean, it's not even the Republican Party. I'd say it's actually the Trump party," he said on Wednesday.

https://www.newsweek.com/eric-trump-republicans-gop-newsmax-donald-trump-cheney-1734727

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

There's one big difference. Comebacks or collapses in sports aren't predictable. But a red shift or a blue shift in votes was absolutely predictable depending on whether mail-in ballots were pre-counted or left to be counted until after the polls closed.

You might want to double check that.

In Pennsylvania and Michigan.......... two of the States with the most questionable "comebacks".......... neither allows counting of mail-in and absentee ballots before election day. So there ARE NO "pre-counts" to contrast with post-ballot-closing counts, for those States. ALL the mail-in and absentee ballots in those States were left uncounted until election day. Both States require walk-in ballots be counted before mail-in and absentee ballots get counted.

So, if you want your claim to be believed, you're gonna have to back it up with something. Cuz when I went looking, all I could really find was that ~2/3 of States don't even allow "pre-counting."

https://ballotpedia.org/When_states_can_begin_processing_and_counting_absentee/mail-in_ballots,_2020

If roughly 2/3 don't even allow "pre-counting".......... it's not really even possible to do the kind of compare-and-contrast you have described.

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:
9 hours ago, placeholder said:

There's one big difference. Comebacks or collapses in sports aren't predictable. But a red shift or a blue shift in votes was absolutely predictable depending on whether mail-in ballots were pre-counted or left to be counted until after the polls closed.

You might want to double check that.

In Pennsylvania and Michigan.......... two of the States with the most questionable "comebacks".......... neither allows counting of mail-in and absentee ballots before election day. So there ARE NO "pre-counts" to contrast with post-ballot-closing counts, for those States. ALL the mail-in and absentee ballots in those States were left uncounted until election day. Both States require walk-in ballots be counted before mail-in and absentee ballots get counted.

Do you realize you have just confirmed the ridiculousness of your earlier claim?

• Like 1