COVID infections on the rise in 44 provinces, over 30,000 new cases a day

snoop1130

daughters friend went to Bangkok with her parents on the long wekend and came back to the hospital with it so now our daughter is also in lockdown as is a few other trainee doctors and nurses, still too many not wearing masks or taking precautions but they all know best  and refuse to put themselves out.

3 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

For the first time since the pandemic started, I personally know six people that presently have Covid. Whether it's just a coincidence or a bad sign, I don't know. The good thing though, is that all of the six people are only experiencing mild symptoms and all are vaccinated.

Two weeks ago, seven of my nine staff had covid. All of them had sailed through the previous two years without a sniffle. Some had mild symptoms, others suffered a bit, coughing and feverish. All of them were negative after a week and back to work, albeit not at full steam. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Again, I ask you - does it really hurt your fragile sensibilities to wear a mask when in public spaces? Yes, it's a nuisance, but it's a very minor nuisance. You're an ambassador from your respective country but even more so you are a representative of all farangs living in Thailand. C'mon, be a team player!

we are all ambassadors  from  countries  that stopped wearing masks a long time ago. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

MOPH also released an interesting graphic today showing a breakdown of nearly 9,400 COVID deaths in Thailand since the start of the year, by vaccination status.

The unvaccinated accounted for the largest share of the COVID deaths on average at 56.1% for the entire period, followed by the vaccinated but not boosted at 35.5%, and then the vaccinated and boosted at 8.4% averaged over the seven-month period.

But the chart also shows a slight increase in the share of deaths among the vaccinated but not boosted comparing January vs. July, the latter month being when the more infectious and vaccine resistant BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron variants become predominant.

The chart also showed a more significant increase over time in the share of deaths among the vaccinated and boosted, which went from just 1.1% of deaths in January to 20.2% of deaths by July, presumably also because of the newer more resistant variants and waning efficacy of vaccines as months pass post injection.

I can't quite tell from the TH language title of the graphic whether it's counting all Thai COVID deaths since the start of the year, or only those in the government's so-called "608" group (which would be most deaths anways) -- "608" being those age 60 and older along with any age people with any of 8 specified chronic health conditions.

714575403_2022-09-19THCOVIDDeathssinceJanbyVaxStatus.jpg.090001ca73124ce09728ddba05325c1a.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/626391565645838/?type=3

"...along with any age people with any of 8 specified chronic health conditions."

I don't have Facebook access - can you list the 8 diseases please.

23 minutes ago, seajae said:

daughters friend went to Bangkok with her parents on the long wekend and came back to the hospital with it so now our daughter is also in lockdown as is a few other trainee doctors and nurses, still too many not wearing masks or taking precautions but they all know best  and refuse to put themselves out.

Was your daughters friend wearing a mask?

2 hours ago, transam said:

Weeeeell, I must admit, you are the first person I have heard that has caught it 3 times, don't you think you maybe doing something wrong....?  ????

Did miss the bit i wrote about travelling a lot?

From the very onset of the pandemic i travelled a lot, before the vaccines were out.

It's not rocket science for people to work out it would be inevitable to get Covid.

For people that stayed home scared then yes, it would be strange for them to have got it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, PJ71 said:

Did miss the bit i wrote about travelling a lot?

From the very onset of the pandemic i travelled a lot, before the vaccines were out.

It's not rocket science for people to work out it would be inevitable to get Covid.

For people that stayed home scared sh**less then yes, it would be strange for them to have got it.

I don't stay at home, I am out near evey day, in fact every night I am out for a couple of beers at my local, and as yet I have not had C19 once, but I have a regime that may have helped.

But, that doesn't mean I won't catch it, especially if Mrs.T lets her guard down...eh...???? 

14 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I have a mask with me but will only wear it if asked to.

I've not been asked many times recently tbh.

Out in rural Thailand where I live more and more Thais have stopped wearing masks. I have stopped wearing one though I always carry one. I was up in BigC and Makro last week and most people were wearing a mask so I put mine on without being asked.

However in the local village I don't bother and less Thais are wearing mask out here.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Took MRT and BTS today. All Thais masked up. One farang just came from airport, trying to cover face with his jacket - gave him a mask and he seemed happy to wear it.

There were however a bunch of westerners walking into train with no masks on. You could see disgust from Thais who started to move away from them, and looking away, trying to "breathe the other way". They must have been noticed as BTS played message that although mask mandate ended, BTS recommends wearing mask within 30 seconds of maskless foreigners coming in the train. Those of course completely ignored everything, some even coughing or showing difficulties breathing, which showed others moving away from them.

When in Rome, do as Romans do, right? Except for the ultra überrasse farang visiting Thailand...

In Spain its mandatory to wear a mask in pharmacy's. Medical centres and any form of public transport. You wouldn't be allowed to board any public transport without a mask and certainly wouldn't be served in pharmacy.

It's a bit confusing when you can walk around an airport without a mask but must wear it on the plane!

Unfortunately you do get the occasional 'special' person who believes the rules are for others and not them.

4 hours ago, kennw said:

Thats the difference between smart and stupid.

When the minister of health says it is not necessary to wear a mask, when I see pictures of government ministers and even the PM not wearing masks, I wonder who is right. For all the doctors who keep saying that we should wear masks, I have to ask why Covid is still around. I read the international news and few people are wearing masks in the open any more.

At one stage I was supposed to wear a mask in my car, even though I was the only one in it, even though I need not wear a mask at home.

So please define who or what is smart and who is stupid?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't stay at home, I am out near evey day, in fact every night I am out for a couple of beers at my local, and as yet I have not had C19 once, but I have a regime that may have helped.

I never said you stayed at home.

You're comparing apples and oranges, big difference going to your 'local' than travelling on planes with hundreds of people in a confined space.

How do you know you've never had it btw?

Out of the 3 times i've had it i've had very mild symtoms only once so unless going through regular testing ( for travelling ) i'd have never known.

3 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I never said you stayed at home.

You're comparing apples and oranges, big difference going to your 'local' than travelling on planes with hundreds of people in a confined space.

How do you know you've never had it btw?

Out of the 3 times i've had it i've had very mild symtoms only once so unless going through regular testing ( for travelling ) i'd have never known.

I might have had it and not known, but the folk I know that have had it, know they have had it. ????

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Well yes, perhaps you did. Plus airport staff and flights are all manned by humans, they fly, they mix every day of their working life, but I would suggest they take care of their wellbeing in the job they do to reduce that risk.. 

Just my thoughts though....????