Haval Ultra H6 HEV?

proton

41 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Test driven both the H6 and Jolion hybrids here in Thailand and was very impressed. Build quality and performance were very good. Only think I didn't like was the use of too much hard plastic around the dash and doors but it's only a minor irritation.

Waiting on the H6 PHEV with the bigger battery though.

GWM showrooms seem to be springing up everywhere which is reassuring.

are these "new bigger" batteries the ones they copied from Tesla

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Test driven both the H6 and Jolion hybrids here in Thailand and was very impressed. Build quality and performance were very good. Only think I didn't like was the use of too much hard plastic around the dash and doors but it's only a minor irritation.

I’m also waiting on the H6 PHEV. NEDC range of 201 km (real world, maybe 150?) would be incredible. This would even beat out the all electric Mazda MX30 and also the Nissan Leaf?

Bookings are supposed to open this month. 

14 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

You do realise that Tesla uses Made in China batteries, right?

would like to see a link to that statement.... or did you mean "some" for the local market and yet still Tesla technology

20 hours ago, edwinchester said:

The spread of Chinese companies is reassuring, wake up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

It should be the CCP loss, these people are the enemy, not your friend. Buying Chinese, which almost always contains tech copied from the west, is only shoring up an evil system. What the hell though if you can get a slightly better deal and a few more MPG right? pathetic hypocrisy. 

1 hour ago, proton said:

Please stay on topic.

This is a good video about future of GWM in Thailand.  Impressive looking setup, down in Rayong. Should be good for the Thai economy and consumers. 

If I’m not mistaken, BYD also intends to set up a factory in Thailand soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2022 at 1:55 PM, proton said:

Chinese are they, well they are off the list of possibles, along with anything else I can avoid like their phones

So no apple phones then, which are made in China, or even some of the other cars that are made in China or supplied parts made in China.  Your going to have to look far and wide to find something that has no China connection.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, proton said:

Your going to be waiting for decades to get away from anything made without Chinese parts.....good luck, might just get a bicycle and you will be all set.  Oops I spoke out of turn.

https://bikeclue.com/are-raleigh-bikes-made-in-china/

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

This is a good video about future of GWM in Thailand.  Impressive looking setup, down in Rayong. Should be good for the Thai economy and consumers. 

If I’m not mistaken, BYD also intends to set up a factory in Thailand soon.

MG is already building cars here in Thailand.  I was at the dealership yesterday for a service and saw the new MG VS HEV

https://paultan.org/2022/08/08/mg-vs-hev-hybrid-launched-in-thailand-honda-hr-v-toyota-c-hr-and-nissan-kicks-competitor-fr-rm107k/

https://www.mgcars.com/en/NewsActivities/Detail/NEW-MG-VS-HEV-LAUNCH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

So the OP didn’t know that GWM was a Chinese brand ?

Great Wall Motors wasn’t a big enough clue ??

Never heard of them until Tim Newton said he had bought one. Amazing the amount of CCP supporters there are on here.

• Haha 2