Leaving and re-entering Thailand, Re-Entry permit question ?

I got a re-entry pemit that was stamped in my passport when I renewed my non-0 visa extension last year, October 2021.   The re-entry permit date is valid until 28-Oct-2022,  I haven't left Thailand since.

As things are back to normal, I now will be leaving Thailand,  and then re-entering,  this is the first time I have re-entered under the current visa.  Anything I need to do ?  good to go ? Do I need to complete TM30 on return,  90 day report, as I understands will start again soon as I re-enter Thailand.

Thanks

If Chiang Mai is your location……..the Immigration Office wants you to “update” your tm30 upon re-entry.  There is an office in the small building behind the drive-up 90 day report window where you do it.  Takes five minutes…no paperwork required just your passport with latest entry stamp and your old tm-30 paper.

• Thanks 1

You and me both.  I posted a thread a while ago when the Immigration Police who visited our house when renewing a Marriage Extension gave me a slight ticking off for not doing a TM30 when I returned from a trip to England in December.  Was told movement within Thailand - no problem, but trip outside required new.

No hassle - just a point for me to remember the next time.

• Like 1

Hi,  I assume that you have some sort of insurance that can be used to satisfy immigration upon your return, for insurance is still required. if, your'e of an age whereby you can't get an insurance in Thailand, have you been able to solve the no insurance issue sufficient to let you get back in with your O-visa and re-entry permit?

26 minutes ago, Paphi1234 said:

Hi,  I assume that you have some sort of insurance that can be used to satisfy immigration upon your return, for insurance is still required. if, your'e of an age whereby you can't get an insurance in Thailand, have you been able to solve the no insurance issue sufficient to let you get back in with your O-visa and re-entry permit?

Insurance is not required for entry to the country unless you have a OA visa.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There will always be immigration offices that do not follow the correct rules. 

What is the correct rules then? You might be more knowledgeable than me but it appears to me that you are required to report your address (TM30) every 90 days no matter whether you change your address or not. Once you leave the country and return you are required to do so no matter whether you return to the same address, and the 90 days started counting from when you entered, because you reported your address with the entry form (TM6). Since TM6 has been abolished your address is not reported upon entry, for tourists this is not an issue as hotels and other paid places to stay do this automatically, but for us residents it now seems required to report your address, either online or at the IO. Seems logical to me.

This is also confirmed by immigration in Hua Hin who require you to fill out the TM30 within 7 days after returning to Thailand. You might get away with it at other IOs if your previous TM30 is still valid, claiming you did not know. I would certainly not taking chances here and do the reporting rather than running the risk of a 2000 Baht penalty.

2 hours ago, CMBob said:

I have no doubt you updated your TM30 as you state but you're the first person here in Chiangmai that I've heard of who has done that when leaving and returning to Thailand AND returning to the same address.  I and several friends have left Thailand and returned to our regular (TM30 registered) addresses here in Chiangmai and we haven't updated [and have had no problems at CM Immigration with various tasks (including 90-day reports, re-entry permits, conversions to Non-O visas, annual extensions based on retirement, transfer of stamps to new passports)]. 

I'm not sure of the date but it's been 3-4 years when the rules changed and didn't require a TM30 update when returning to one's TM30 registered address. Edit:  Apparently one or more IM officers are taking a different view of the need to do so.

Have you're friends all returned within the last 2 months since TM6 (arrival card) has been abolished? I'm sure you and you're friends have reported with TM30 90 days after arriving from abroad, and not when the old TM30 expired, I would assume that's because you reported your address with TM6 before. Upon entry 90 days reporting was always reset.

14 minutes ago, Thalueng said:

What is the correct rules then?

Think the rule change was June 2020. (someone can advise exact date)

Prior to change of rules even spending time in another province required a TM30 upon return to where you live.

This also applied to exit and reentry to Thailand.

Then with change of rules the TM30 is not required for the examples above. 

Note: if you reenter Thailand with new visa or visa exempt you would need to file a TM30 even if returning to your previous address.

Edited by DrJack54

50 minutes ago, Thalueng said:

Have you're friends all returned within the last 2 months since TM6 (arrival card) has been abolished? I'm sure you and you're friends have reported with TM30 90 days after arriving from abroad, and not when the old TM30 expired, I would assume that's because you reported your address with TM6 before. Upon entry 90 days reporting was always reset.

One returned from Vietnam and one returned from Indonesia since the middle of July and they didn't report.  Perhaps the new requirement is, as you have suggested, due to waiver of the use of the TM6 card.  

Hi i am visiting uk for xmas will be first time leaving since i moved here 3 year’s ago

is there a time limit i need to do a 90 day report after return as i am staying in bangkok for 3 days before returning to sirattana where i live thank you for any advice ????????

4 minutes ago, Binger said:

is there a time limit i need to do a 90 day report after return as i am staying in bangkok for 3 days

Staying in Bangkok irrelevant.

Your 90 day report is due in 90 days with your return to thailand being day 1 of the count. 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Insurance is not required for entry to the country unless you have a OA visa.

Thanks Ubonjoe. This is what I came here to find out today. I haven't been out of the country since covid and I thought they brought in a requirement that to return I will need to show some insurance. Has that requirement been scrapped? I have a regular retirement extension (O-visa).

Hmm! interesting reply re Insurance requirement to get back into Thailand f O type visa renewed each 12 months as is the case of our intending traveler 1st time out using his O visa with re-entry permit.

could the following be a different point of view to you own!!!

Oct 30, 2564 BE  - Expats living and working in Thailand under a valid visa or residential permit are required to provide proof of insurance coverage in Thailand ..
unless the above has been changed in 2022 to say you don't need insurance then this is correct wouldn't you agree. there has been a lowering in amounts of insurance requirements and, those that have lived in Thailand, renewed there visa each anniversary are not being asked of insurance proof but, once you go out of the country and come back in then irrespective of your visa type  you need insurance to get in  or in his case back in or as the FAQ advises proof of insurance in Thailand.
Its too late once he has gone....yes

17 minutes ago, Paphi1234 said:

Hmm! interesting reply re Insurance requirement to get back into Thailand f O type visa renewed each 12 months as is the case of our intending traveler 1st time out using his O visa with re-entry permit.

Oct 30, 2564 BE  - Expats living and working in Thailand under a valid visa or residential permit are required to provide proof of insurance coverage in Thailand ..
unless the above has been changed in 2022 to say you don't need insurance then this is correct wouldn't you agree. there has been a lowering in amounts of insurance requirements and, those that have lived in Thailand, renewed there visa each anniversary are not being asked of insurance proof but, once you go out of the country and come back in then irrespective of your visa type  you need insurance to get in  or in his case back in or as the FAQ advises proof of insurance in Thailand.

That was a requirement for the "Thailand Pass".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paphi1234 said:

The Thailand Pass no longer exists, so the requirements for issuing one are no longer of anything other than historical interest.

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2022 at 3:46 AM, Paphi1234 said:

I am on a NON-0 retirement visa not a Non 0A Visa,  so Insurance proof is not required as I understand with a Non-O Retirement Visa.  Insurance for Non-OA visa only.