Pathum Thani double murder: Rich salon owner bailed after disagreement over "too short cut"

webfact

If she believes in the judicial system here, either she is wealthy, has never brought a case to court, or is very naive. Belief does not make it so. 

What a bizarre and convoluted case. Wonder if even a competent judge can sort it out. Bizarre behavior. Are we beyond just discussing an issue, and working it out? Where is the civility?

2 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

He is certain to get a custodial sentence -should be life but likely far less, so whats with the nonsense of giving him bail now, when there is absolutely no doubt of his guilt.

If I were the 8 year old daughter, who sadly witnessed her parents being knifed to death -something she will never never forget - I would be waiting for the murderer to be set free, then either kill him myself or pay someone to do it.  Justice needs to be served!

Why wait for him to be freed, it can, and is done inside the prison for a small fee.

However, I can see your logic. Firstly make him suffer through a prison sentence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newnative said:

Brutally murder two people, in front of their daughter, no less, and get bail???  Outrageous.  And, just 500,000 baht.

I'm not condoning what he did but, regardless of what happened, or how much you don't understand the concept, he's still innocent until proven guilty so bail is his right if he meets the requirements.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm not condoning what he did but, regardless of what happened, or how much you don't understand the concept, he's still innocent until proven guilty so bail is his right if he meets the requirements.

Yes, I understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty.  I also understand the concept of, in the immortal words of Warner Wolf, "Let's Go to the Videotape."   In decisions on granting bail, a court is primarily determining two things:  whether a defendant will appear at trial and whether he or she poses a danger to society.   Supposedly the defendant is rich and could be a flight risk.  The videotape of the 'alleged' brutal murders over a haircut complaint clearly shows he could be a danger to society.

A Thai court is suppose to weigh, among other things, the gravity of the charge and the existence of evidence in determining whether bail is granted.  I think in cases such as this, where there is actual videotape of the crime, and the crime is especially brutal, bail should not have been given.   

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The wealthy salon owner who murdered a couple outside his shop in Lotus Pathum Thani on Saturday after a disagreement over a haircut has been bailed by the court in the sum of 500,000 baht. He will also need to wear an EM anklet.

Ridiculous