Thai women and Feelings

Momenteer

5 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Lately I am balancing that off as I find thai girls in comparison can be a bit empty and shallow in a way I find hard to define - there's a blankness. Used to put it down to language but think it's more than that.

Put it down to that lately you started to engage the bigger head as well ????

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

There you go ALPHA MALE.

You already answered your own questions.

Do you want a maid? A slave? Or do you want someone being with you that is happy all the time?

Do you know how to use a washing machine and dryer? Then wash your own damn clothes. Your arms aren't broken are they?

She is not your servant, even if you think otherwise.

Maybe if she rather do other things than be with you, look in the mirror?

The ALPHA DOG is not getting the answers he expects so now he is all upset.

The ALPHA DOG initiates the conflict to forcefully get the answers he wants to hear.

Maybe try meeting all her expectations instead of her having to meet all your expectations is a good start.

Some men just do not get it and never do.

If I had a choice between going to footie or going to the ballet (wife's idea), I would go to the ballet 10 out 10.

I have seen a lot of football already in my life and can always watch a rerun if I missed it that much.

Some men are just so darn happy and blessed to want to please their wives.

HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE

If you try to make her live your ALPHA MALE life, she won't be around long

I suspect she thought her life was going to be better with you and is finding out that is not the case.

Lot of Thai's get married to farangs thinking they will be taken care of and have a better life.

Until they learn about the ALPHA DOG!

You need to settle down and understand her needs and expectations.

You are a grown man that can take care of himself.

How about being a real man and take care of her?

You were doing so well (love the broken arms comment) but then you had to ruin it by prioritising ballet over football ! I'm gonna file that under an unintended slip as the rest was good ????

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Second rule is a strange one, maybe look at their tits better

It's called "negging".  You look into her mouth with an expression of "What the <deleted> is that thing?  Ew!"  Then you maybe waft the air a little like her breath smells.

This makes her feel insecure, so when she stops talking you say "It's really clever of you to figure that out all by yourself."  Because of the negging, this complement will make her want you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Thai wife is the relationship of my life. We have been together for almost 24/7 for 8 years. A part of what makes it work is the financial security that I bring to her. (You got to bring something to the table.) Personality and good looks are not everything.  (I have learned that.) It’s a total combination.  The total package. And it must be a personally satisfying package. 

My Thai wife has three sisters. 2 of them are with Furlong husbands. We all are different. And they all are different. I live within an extended Thai family. We all (except one sister who lives off-compound) live in separate houses in a single compound which includes aunts, nieces, nephews and parents and grandparents and etc. I see the many different personalities all around me.  And sure those personalities are formed in the matrix of Thai culture and values but they are individuals.  

I can’t tell what is going on in your relationship. If it is about intimacy or emotions or a lack of expressed appreciation or what. 

But my Thai wife is very different then her sisters and they all are not interchangeable. 

Also I don’t feel the need to talk about my emotions a lot and my wife can be moody. I feel secure enough that if it’s important we will deal with it in a concrete fashion or it’s temporal and will fade away.  

I don’t prod. I might ask, “What’s going on, babe?” And most of the time she will say, “Nothing.” But obviously something is going on. However, it could be that her feelings are hurt from a variety of sources. If it is something I am doing I eventually will find out because I will continue to ask and show up ready to hear what she has to say. 

Edited by IkonX
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

That is just plainly nuts. It works with the people with whom it can work and doesn't with those who is doesn't

To give it as blanket advice is just plain folly. 

Sometimes someone needs to be captain of the ship and it cannot be a crazy, unbalanced person.

You are just writing from the point of view of your current situation.

If you marry a crazy, unbalanced person, that is your own fault

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's called "negging".  You look into her mouth with an expression of "What the <deleted> is that thing?  Ew!"  Then you maybe waft the air a little like her breath smells.

This makes her feel insecure, so when she stops talking you say "It's really clever of you to figure that out all by yourself."  Because of the negging, this complement will make her want you.

555 ok

• Like 2

7 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Every woman is different of course. But I feel dating and relationships have not been a positive experience.   Living here in Bangkok for almost three years.   I use dating apps which probably isn’t a good thing either. I do not date bargirls or massage girls. These are between 40 and 45. 
In general I find the majority of the Thai women I met are very childish and temperamental. And not telling the truth seems to be very common. Angry over stupid little things.  And all gave me the impression they viewed me as a foreigner to take advantage of.  Not as a person.  And they either asked me for money outright.  Or expected me to buy them things constantly.  Even after barely knowing me. 
I actually had two what I call true relationships here.  Not together of course. As much as I did for them and treated them nice it was never enough. Just wanted more and more. And not much caring or affection from them.  And dealing with their childish outbursts when they couldn’t get their way. One was an accountant for a major company.  The other worked in a large shopping mall in a store. And forget about having a meaningful conversation with them. 
All of the ones I have met seemed to have one concern.  What was in it for them

Find yourself a good country girl!

• Like 2

Think everyone is different, regardless of nationality. From experience just coming out of a 4 year relationship, my girlfriend didn't express her feelings about things. Reason for breakup was silly but she said it was "the last time she was going to get hurt by something I said". After talking about there were several times  things were said by both in the past that "hurt" her feelings. I said that maybe if she had expressed her feelings at those times it wouldn't have ended up like it did. The classic men are not mind readers came up. If I was ever "hurt" by something she said or did, I let her know so she would think in the future.

3 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Think everyone is different, regardless of nationality. From experience just coming out of a 4 year relationship, my girlfriend didn't express her feelings about things. Reason for breakup was silly but she said it was "the last time she was going to get hurt by something I said". After talking about there were several times  things were said by both in the past that "hurt" her feelings. I said that maybe if she had expressed her feelings at those times it wouldn't have ended up like it did. The classic men are not mind readers came up. If I was ever "hurt" by something she said or did, I let her know so she would think in the future.

Well all of us are different, don't think it matters where we are from.

I've only had one relationship with a Thai woman, my wife of over 20 years, so I can't comment on the Thai female nation as a whole!

But I've been around enough Thai women to believe they not so different than a similar American female population.

Fiercely vocal, to tightly guarded, which is a good thing, because we all make our own way, and the same could be said of men.

My wife is most certainly in the fiercely vocal category 

9 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Find yourself a good country girl!

Absolutely!!

There is an ex-bar girl in the next village to us that needs a decent farang as a hubby. Very pretty. Nice legs. Just about child-bearing age if you are quick. She don't want riches. Just a small house and a couple of buffaloes. Maybe an old pick-up too. Her English is not bad.

Great catch!

On 8/25/2022 at 8:50 PM, Momenteer said:

That is a point where I disagree with.

There could be daily standard conflicts like if I need clean clothes and asked her already twice to wash and she is still busy with things like browsing Facebook or going into the Gym, but also rather emotional conflicts like spending not enough time together and start to feel lonely. Putting that on the table 2-3 times in a nice way without getting anything changed, can then lead to a conflict discussion from my perspective to understand what is the real issue here in the background.

You need clean clothes?  You either don't have enough clothes or you aren't doing enough laundry. 

Don't you know how to wash your own clothes?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

If you marry a crazy, unbalanced person, that is your own fault

Perhaps. But that doesn't change the fact that your advice is quite ridiculous. Marriages don't work just because you give in to someone's demands at every opportunity. That's is ridiculous.

What if their ideas are totally unrealistic? It's ok if you have deep pockets that can cover every wild idea ???? 

Sound as if you found the right balance of deep pockets and a not too crazy woman ????

24 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Perhaps. But that doesn't change the fact that your advice is quite ridiculous. Marriages don't work just because you give in to someone's demands at every opportunity. That's is ridiculous.

What if their ideas are totally unrealistic? It's ok if you have deep pockets that can cover every wild idea ???? 

Sound as if you found the right balance of deep pockets and a not too crazy woman ????

Doesn't seem ridiculous to me at all.

I don't see it as demands at all either.

I can be happy doing anything, good on me.

44 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Marriages don't work just because you give in to someone's demands at every opportunity. That's is ridiculous.

I've found it the best way ...........

Agree to anything she wants, but never get around to actually fulfilling her demands.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've found it the best way ...........

Agree to anything she wants, but never get around to actually fulfilling her demands.

I'm not like that. I mean what I say and I say what I mean. No means no.

Though I try to be nice about it ???? If I say yes, I do it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Doesn't seem ridiculous to me at all.

I don't see it as demands at all either.

I can be happy doing anything, good on me.

That's because yours isn't demanding ???? Reasonable requests don't need to be refused in the main.

31 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I'm not like that. I mean what I say and I say what I mean. No means no.

Though I try to be nice about it ???? If I say yes, I do it.

I'm the same.

But, I agree to her demands if she agrees to a couple of minuscule conditions. Like not throwing the cat at me for 48 hours. Or, not putting salt in my cup of rosy by mistake.

She usually agrees to these conditions, but I've learnt that they usually get broken quite quickly. That then lets me off the hook for the original deal.

• Haha 2

On 8/25/2022 at 5:46 PM, Momenteer said:

The age gap was 2 years and 12 years. Both relationship were not based on money (except in my marriage where she stayed at home when our son was born)

Dont take offense, but could it be they both were afraid to share such feelings with you? Fear of your reaction, or over reaction?

On 8/26/2022 at 11:13 AM, BritManToo said:

Two rules in life....... For being a man. 

1. Don't care about anyone else's feelings. 

It’s a fact that my friends who don’t get too wrapped up in a lady’s feelings seem to be infinitely happier and carefree than those who get carried away with her emotional state and are keen on ensuring her feelings don’t get hurt. 

• Like 1