The "let's be friends" scam (live from Pattaya)

Baron Samedi

14 minutes ago, simon43 said:

For heaven's sake man!  Don't you recognise a gay chat up scenario?!

???????? Jesus, man! Didn't even cross my mind. I highly doubt it though. He was bragging too much about all the girls that he knew in Pattaya. But who knows? Maybe I avoided getting badly sxdxmized that day ????

14 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

"He smiled back with a "ok you got me" face and I went away. Honestly, he wasn't a bad dude. Just a dumb one I guess."

"he wasn't a bad dude"! :cheesy::cheesy:

No, he was just trying to rip you off of your money, cards. jewelry and passport. 

I mean he is a good player. He tries, it doesn't work, he lets it go. Fair play.

And quiet frankly he wasn't that talented. If you wanna scam people get your story straight first. But I feel you: he is indeed a bad guy but also a dumb guy and more dumb than bad if you ask me.

Some say being dumb is actually more detrimental to society than being bad????

Edited by Baron Samedi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baron Samedi said:

he presented himself as a guy from Norway with a face of indian/muslim

He has the face of a Muslim [sic]?  What?  Can you distinguish the face of a Hindu?  Or a Catholic?  Or a Christian?  Or an aetheist? Or a Buddhist?    You don't know the difference between a race and a religion, do you?

Jesus Christ...

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

You are absolutely right. He looked like an arab/indian or maybe some sort of weird mix between the two. Anyway, I'm pretty sure people (at least from Europe) know what I mean when I say "looked like a muslim". What comes to mind isn't really a malaysian guy if you know what I mean.

Or maybe he was malaysian... Hold on... ????

He was in airport

You are absolutely right. He looked like an arab/indian or maybe some sort of weird mix between the two. Anyway, I'm pretty sure people (at least from Europe) know what I mean when I say "looked like a muslim". What comes to mind isn't really a malaysian guy if you know what I mean.

Or maybe he was malaysian... Hold on... ????

I just saw him in airport with a tall ladyboy, maybe that was you

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

The whole story is pretty weak. Real scammers steal millions.

Life is not a movie with con men stealing millions from a stupid rich guy. First rule in that business is to go small. Too big and you take the risk of attracting too much attention. Then you have the police coming after you and you are essentially fcked.

I’m always cautious when any stranger starts talking to me.  Especially if I’m in an overseas country.  
Unfortunately many of the locals here that have tried to converse with me have seemed to have a motive.  

1 hour ago, wombat said:

No mention of him being a white round eye so you can scrub him off the list of suspects.

I haven't heard that phrase for decades..

But a quick check shows you are OG.. joined 2004. And a lot of guys in Thailand  referred to themselves as the above in the 20th century. I know because I was first time in Thailand 1971..

Now, we're all farang..

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He has the face of a Muslim [sic]?  What?  Can you distinguish the face of a Hindu?  Or a Catholic?  Or a Christian?  Or an aetheist? Or a Buddhist?    You don't know the difference between a race and a religion, do you?

Jesus Christ...

you do know that Muslims are required to wear beards don't you? but they shave to their mustaches. it's a dead giveaway.

I've been occasionally told I look like a policeman, based on my facial impassivity. Men don't strike up a conversation with me, so I can discount this scam.

OTOH, I am a sitting duck for women I find attractive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, swm59nj said:

I’m always cautious when any stranger starts talking to me.  Especially if I’m in an overseas country.  
Unfortunately many of the locals here that have tried to converse with me have seemed to have a motive.  

Nobody would make friends if everyone is scared to talk

• Like 1

Some grammar police posts and replies have been removed as they will always, as demonstrated here hijack the topic.

4. Proofread your post first as poor grammar and spelling can make a post difficult to understand. Posts regarding spelling and grammar can derail a topic and can also appear intolerant and unhelpful.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

???????? Jesus, man! Didn't even cross my mind. I highly doubt it though. He was bragging too much about all the girls that he knew in Pattaya. But who knows? Maybe I avoided getting badly sxdxmized that day ????

I mean he is a good player. He tries, it doesn't work, he lets it go. Fair play.

And quiet frankly he wasn't that talented. If you wanna scam people get your story straight first. But I feel you: he is indeed a bad guy but also a dumb guy and more dumb than bad if you ask me.

Some say being dumb is actually more detrimental to society than being bad????

Bit like junkmail - some poor lonely sod'll bite.

Edited by BusyB