Scammed on Lazada. No refund.

LALes

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What do you expect from Lazada?

Should they look in every package which will be delivered?

Lazada is a service for bringing buyers together with sellers. And they handle the payment.

Box is sent, box is received. That is about as far as what Lazada can initially do.

If there was any fraud going on then go to the police - as you did.

And before any of this: Look at the seller. Does he have a good rating? Does he have a rating at all? How many people bought that item already? Any good or bad reviews?

And last but not least: Is the price too good to be true? If you want to buy a phone which cost normally i.e. 10k then don't expect to buy to for 8k.

Until now I bought likely more than 100 things on Lazada, probably more. I think I only got one time delivery of a wrong item, and that issue was solved quickly.

IMHO Lazada does in general a good job.

I took a chance on a new seller because he had the item I wanted at a good price.  Last year's models are hard to find.  At 9,600 baht for an M52, it was a good deal for a hard-to-find phone but not enough to set off a red flag.  I still say the ultimate responsibility rests with the website for hosting scam sellers.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I always pay COD.

I always pay credit card---would that not be better ?  The credit card remit goes to Lazada, then they forward the money on to seller--- Also when you use a Thai credit card they (the bank) text you to make sure its you using it. This then gives you time to cancel .

I understand in this case the purchase was outside of Lazada.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yes, I realise that, what I was referring to was this on the item sale page.

image.png.155d16c152652e26ad1ce1ee0742b1f1.png

Why is this relevant?  The seller has already been cited for violating Lazada policy.

5 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I always pay credit card---would that not be better ?  The credit card remit goes to Lazada, then they forward the money on to seller--- Also when you use a Thai credit card they (the bank) text you to make sure its you using it. This then gives you time to cancel .

I understand in this case the purchase was outside of Lazada.

Seller still gets the money whether it's COD or card payment both via Lazada, i only do COD for China purchases in case they don't turn up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Seller still gets the money whether it's COD or card payment both via Lazada, i only do COD for China purchases in case they don't turn up

But he doesn't get it immediately --so if you lodge a compliant that it is a complete scam-- do you feel they would still send the money on to them?

Also you have the Credit card company.

I am talking about Lazada sellers--which this one apparently wasn't.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

But he doesn't get it immediately --so if you lodge a compliant that it is a complete scam-- do you feel they would still send the money on to them?

Also you have the Credit card company.

I am talking about Lazada sellers--which this one apparently wasn't.

Lazada don't pay sellers straight away when you make payment, COD or card, there's some kind of delay, could be end of month thing. In case of problem etc,  I realise that op purchase seems to end up outside Lazada so a different problem

Edited by scubascuba3

1 hour ago, LALes said:

Lazada is denying my refund because it was not their delivery.  I say they are responsible for my order information being leaked to a 3rd party.  Lazada admits that their seller violated their policy.

How do you know lazada leaked you info ?

• Like 1

Bought more than 300 orders from Lazada since 2019 with debit card payment. (too bad, Lazada no reward points system ????)

All orders delivered to my condo office and I pick up later after work.

Would not buy anything value more than 5K baht in total.

Few cases of refund back to my debit card account done without any problem. (Go to Customer Care and chat with operator)

Agreed, observing of seller review/rating is important.

image.jpeg.c9b42a83936c0cd68d31f9a296e29fcb.jpeg

Lazada can't refund you as you didn't give them any money in the first place.

You want compensation.

Was the delivery method selected by ticking a box, or via private discussion with the seller?

Have you read their T&Cs?

Good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LALes said:

Seller was listed as being in Udon Thani.  Too new for a rating.

3rd party courier is Lazada's excuse.  Not their problem, they say.

They are conveniently forgetting that the only way the 3rd party

got my order info was from one of their sellers.

are not lazada your agent??

2 hours ago, dddave said:

Users on this forum frequently recommend COD for online purchases but this is a good example of why it can lead to larger problems. 

Generally, you are not allowed to open a parcel and inspect the goods before payment.  Once you have paid on COD,  that constitutes acceptance of goods and is difficult to contest.  With COD, you actually have less recourse than with pre-payment.

I have never had an issue with Lazada refunding on substandard merchandise as long as I had paid through their system. 

I also tried buying one of those B1000 super phone deals on Lazada just to see what the deal was and I got exactly what the OP got, a 4 1/2 inch phone from 10 years ago.  The seller did not want to approve the return but Lazada overuled the seller and I got my money back. 

Most helpful info. Thank you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Well, if for no other reason to aid others in avoiding the same scam.

"Delivered by seller" could be a convenient way to move outside Lazada protection without the buyer being aware until it's too late ???? 

'Consequential loss/fraud' springs to mind. Lazada are understandably trying to distance themselves in this case. They could obviously remove/blacklist 'their' vendor. However, they maintain that they are not responsible for the actions of another vendor (fraudster) not known to themselves. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Recently I've videoed opening of package to prove what was in there, sellers often ask now, and if you don't do it no refund

I agree - always record an unboxing video for anything expensive. If you pay COD you could give a tip to the courier and ask them to hold your phone recording a video - this way you will even have a witness if something is wrong with the product.

2 hours ago, LALes said:

I took a chance on a new seller because he had the item I wanted at a good price.  Last year's models are hard to find.  At 9,600 baht for an M52, it was a good deal for a hard-to-find phone but not enough to set off a red flag.  I still say the ultimate responsibility rests with the website for hosting scam sellers.  

I assume it wasn't this one directly from Samsung for 9,190 baht

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/samsung-galaxy-m52-5g-8128-gb-i2834958822-s10345429071.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What i do not understand is the packaging.

It is stated that the delivery was in a Lazada box along with Lazada tape. 

It is my undrrstanding that packaging is the responsability of the vender . Thus it is difficult to see how  the packaging could be identified as Lazada. The majority of vendors will use whatever appropriate oackaging available.

Maybe other members who have used Lazada could confirm if recieving items packeged in a lazada box.

Why not contact the seller yourself? They have the seller next to the item. I had a problem with an item I bought, there was a missing part. Contacted Lazada they said talk to the seller and if nothing you can return it within 7 days. I talked to the seller and next day the missing part turned up.