Raw milk in Phuket

Wlad7777

13 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

It's bad for you.

So I've read and believe. Where we live they have a dairy cooperative where cattle farmers take their filled churns. The milk is then taken away by tanker to be pasteurised. If and when there's a problem with the tanker and the milk can't be processed it's all thrown away. No other reason than because its a danger to people if not posturized.      ourrules

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

I used weekly 10 litter raw milk from nearby milk processing fabric.  I used it for making kefir, butter from cream and occasinally quark. Never had any problems. The cultures of Kefir grains kill bad bacteria in competition with milk cultures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So I've read and believe. Where we live they have a dairy cooperative where cattle farmers take their filled churns. The milk is then taken away by tanker to be pasteurised. If and when there's a problem with the tanker and the milk can't be processed it's all thrown away. No other reason than because its a danger to people if not posturized.      ourrules

So what is the reason that the milk can not be processed?

Usually because they find antibiotic in it.

Raw milk is just fine but i understand there are countries where it is even illegal to drink raw milk.

People are just too far away from their food these days.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

So what is the reason that the milk can not be processed?

Usually because they find antibiotic in it.

Raw milk is just fine but i understand there are countries where it is even illegal to drink raw milk.

People are just too far away from their food these days.

More likely they find tuberculosis and/or brucellosis in the milk to be processed.

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

It's bad for you.  We don't drink any dairy milk....it's not natural to be drinking another species milk..and humans / no other mammals, drink milk once they are no longer babies.

The dairy industry is also cruel and bad for the environment.

True. We are the only animals to drink milk beyond weaning. Cows milk fat is not compatible with the human gut post weaning. Goat, camel, and buffalo milks are however assimilated in the human gut.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jvs said:

I believe Scotland to be one.

Raw milk. It is an offence to place raw milk or cream on the market for direct consumption in Scotland - this includes distribution. The ban includes sheep, goats, buffalo and any other species farmed for its milk.

Is the human body designed to drink milk?

The bottom line is no, dairy products are not a nutritional requirement for humans. We can get all of the nutrients for optimal health from a high-quality diet that limits or contains no dairy.Aug 14, 2562 B

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, eezergood said:

It will be tough as most gets sold for ice-cream & the supply is VERY inconsistent - that said there are some dairy cows in Koh Kaew, maybe worth a sortie 

Who's using unpasteurized milk for ice cream?

No commercial company would be allowed to do that. 

5 hours ago, jvs said:

Raw milk is just fine

Raw milk isn't safe for consumption. 

"Raw milk is milk that has not been pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria. It can come from any animal. Raw milk can carry dangerous germs, such as Brucella, Campylobacter, Cryptosporidium, E. coli, Listeria, and Salmonella, which can pose serious health risks to you and your family."

https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/rawmilk/raw-milk-questions-and-answers.html#:~:text=Raw%20milk%20is%20milk%20that,to%20you%20and%20your%20family.

5 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

True. We are the only animals to drink milk beyond weaning. Cows milk fat is not compatible with the human gut post weaning. Goat, camel, and buffalo milks are however assimilated in the human gut.

Maybe for cow milk. My adult cats love the easily available goat milk here,

10 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

It's bad for you.  We don't drink any dairy milk....it's not natural to be drinking another species milk..and humans / no other mammals, drink milk once they are no longer babies.

Obviously a spokesperson for the Dry Cornflakes Fan Club.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

It not natural to facetime another person on the opposite side of the planet......... 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Who's using unpasteurized milk for ice cream?

No commercial company would be allowed to do that. 

#1 where did I say that the milk was unpasteurized for the ice cream production?

#2 No commercial compony where? and according to which exact law would that be? 

Lots of assumptions here, not so much in the way of evidence! 

12 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Raw milk isn't safe for consumption. 

"Raw milk is milk that has not been pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria. It can come from any animal. Raw milk can carry dangerous germs, such as Brucella, Campylobacter, Cryptosporidium, E. coli, Listeria, and Salmonella, which can pose serious health risks to you and your family."

https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/rawmilk/raw-milk-questions-and-answers.html#:~:text=Raw milk is milk that,to you and your family.

That should say POTENTIALLY harmful - not all raw milk carries said bacteria, like not all eggs carry salmonella

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, eezergood said:

#1 where did I say that the milk was unpasteurized for the ice cream production?

The subject was about Raw (unpasteurized milk).  I assume that what you meant when you posted

"most gets sold for ice-cream" 

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

The subject was about Raw (unpasteurized milk).  I assume that what you meant when you posted

"most gets sold for ice-cream" 

Yes correct - and MOST will be pasteurized by said ice-cream maker on site under their supervision. Infact most modern ice cream machines have inbuilt pasteurisation which can (and usually is) done during the cooking process. 

As for point 2? 

14 minutes ago, eezergood said:

That should say POTENTIALLY harmful - not all raw milk carries said bacteria, like not all eggs carry salmonella

That's why it's not available to consumers.

Potentially deadly

bacteria in your food is bad for business. 

8 minutes ago, eezergood said:

Yes correct - and MOST will be pasteurized by said ice-cream maker on site under their supervision. Infact most modern ice cream machines have inbuilt pasteurisation which can (and usually is) done during the cooking process. 

As for point 2? 

9 minutes ago, eezergood said:

As for point 2? 

No company uses unpasteurized milk for commercial consumption in Thailand.

What company in your country uses unpasteurized milk for human consumption?

What is your argument?

What company sells unpasteurized milk products?

Crazy talk. 

2 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

That's why it's not available to consumers.

Potentially deadly

bacteria in your food is bad for business. 

Chicken POTENTIALLY carries salmonella, pork POTENTIALLY carries trichinosis and I could go on - these are all readily available. Raw milk is still available in many places. 

Just now, MrJ2U said:

No company uses unpasteurized milk for commercial consumption in Thailand.

What company in your country uses unpasteurized milk for human consumption?

What is your argument?

What company sells unpasteurized milk products?

Crazy talk. 

#1That was NOT your argument 

#2 The question was not about MY country, but THIS country

#3 I have non, I presented facts

#4 To answer the question you asked, not inferred, I can name DOZENS of cheeses that are unpasteurised. I believe this would qualify as a milk product.  

10 minutes ago, eezergood said:

Chicken POTENTIALLY carries salmonella, pork POTENTIALLY carries trichinosis and I could go on - these are all readily available. Raw milk is still available in many places. 

That's why you cook it.

Essentially pasteurizing and killing the bacteria.

Raw milk isn't available legally to consumers in Thailand unless you have a pet cow. 

11 minutes ago, eezergood said:

#1That was NOT your argument 

#2 The question was not about MY country, but THIS country

#3 I have non, I presented facts

#4 To answer the question you asked, not inferred, I can name DOZENS of cheeses that are unpasteurised. I believe this would qualify as a milk product.  

Go get yourself a cow and drink all the POTENTIALLY deadly unpasteurized milk your heart desires.

I don't care. 

On 9/1/2022 at 11:31 AM, jak2002003 said:

it's not natural to be drinking another species milk

The word 'natural' means exactly zero about a product being healthy or good for you.  It only means humans hopefully haven't yet messed with it.  Ignore the word natural on food items.  At least the adjective 'organic' implies more careful production and processing.

Some natural almonds contain enough cyanide to make you sick.

Cashews contain a natural toxin called urushiol in their raw, unprocessed state. The toxin is found around the cashew shell and can leach out onto the exterior of the nut itself.

Edited by gamb00ler