Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

Some members have defended Powell's "whip hand" remarks on the grounds that he was quoting a constituent. That the opinions expressed were not his. First off, these are alleged comments from a constituent. Secondly, even if a constituent did say such a thing, why was it incumbent upon Powell to cite such an repugnant remark in his speech? Clearly, this is the same sort of rhetorical ploy as "People are saying..." or "I've heard that" or even  retweeting a comment from twitter. It's a way of saying something while attempting to provide oneself with plausible deniability that it doesn't necessarily jibe with one' opinions.

Powell could have left the racial element out altogether to make his point. He could have pointed to the lack of skills and education that many of these immigrants had and what burden that would impose on society. But, of course, the problem with that was that the Indian immigrants actually had a good level of education and succeeded quite well in British society. So painting all immigrants with a racial and cultural tarbrush wouldn't work if that difference was acknowledged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Enoch said what he wanted to say at the time, not what you think now, 60+ years on. ????

You are one overdoing the racist thing instead of the immigration thing. Sadly....????

Enoch was right, the UK now has foreign folk towns, trying to enforce Sharia Law under the table, instead of integrating with the country they came to for a better life..

At the time Powell delivered his speech, it was widely assailed as being racist. Powell actually was dismissed from the shadow cabinet on account of it. So, no, I'm not bringing modern standards to bear in judging that speech.

1 minute ago, transam said:

The thread is about Enoch's views for the UK's future, he was right.

Now if the "you cannot say that" brigade took umbrage, that's for them to ponder over, but 60+ years on, it has been proven his thoughts were not far off.  ????

I concur as I experienced one of the problems brought about by having to move so daughter could go to a school and be educated. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

The thread is about Enoch's views for the UK's future, he was right.

Now if the "you cannot say that" brigade took umbrage, that's for them to ponder over, but 60+ years on, it has been proven his thoughts were not far off.  ????

Really? Rivers of blood were flowing in the UK before the end of the 20th century?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Really? Rivers of blood were flowing in the UK before the end of the 20th century?

Now come on, not that ol' chestnut.......????

But, the family of hacked up PC Keith Blakelock may sneer at your comment, or the numerous other killings etc, that have occurred by non-Brits in the UK......????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Now come on, not that ol' chestnut.......????

But, the family of hacked up PC Keith Blakelock may sneer at your comment, or the numerous other killings etc, that have occurred by non-Brits in the UK......????

Enoch Powell was a distinguished classicist. He new ruddy well what it meant. The "rivers of blood" phrase came from the Aeneid in which the prophetess is predicting Civil War. That jibes precisely with what Powell was predicting.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Enoch Powell was a distinguished classicist. He new ruddy well what it meant. The "rivers of blood" phrase came from the Aeneid in which the prophetess is predicting Civil War. That jibes precisely with what Powell was predicting.

????........Sounds like you knew him personally, and you have just stated he made a quote from a quote.

Tell me, did he say "The streets of Brixton will have Rivers of Blood".... ?  ????

Just now, transam said:

????........Sounds like you knew him personally, and you have just stated he made a quote from a quote.

Tell me, did he say "The streets of Brixton will have Rivers of Blood".... ?  ????

What in my statement of facts available from the public record indicates that I had any personal connection at all. The only one being personal in this exchange is you which is a good indication that you've got nothing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What in my statement of facts available from the public record indicates that I had any personal connection at all. The only one being personal in this exchange is you which is a good indication that you've got nothing.

Now come on, got nothing, hmmmm, I have posted FACT videos of Enoch's fears with no or little response from the racist calling click, why is that...?

Now come on, got nothing, hmmmm, I have posted FACT videos of Enoch's fears with no or little response from the racist calling click, why is that...?

I really don't care how you categorize your past posts or how accurate your description of them is. Here and now you sought to make the issue personal. That's the tactic of someone who has no rational response to offer.

• Haha 1

Just now, placeholder said:

I really don't care how you categorize your past posts or how accurate your description of them is. Here and now you sought to make the issue personal. That's the tactic of someone who has no rational response to offer.

I think you are just smarting that you cannot or will not answer my questions put forward, try giving me your explanation on under the table Sharia Law and foreigner town ghettos in the UK, all in Enoch's thoughts, instead of telling me "I" have no rational response, which is hilarious.....????

29 minutes ago, transam said:

Sounds like you object to others discussing what he had to say, despite that being the topic of discussion.

Or to be more precise, you object to those who disagree with you having their say on the topic.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sounds like you object to others discussing what he had to say, despite that being the topic of discussion.

Or to be more precise, you object to those who disagree with you having their say on the topic.

If I objected, I wouldn't be involved in this thread, but I do find it amazing that you, of all people, will not comment on "proof" videos of things the OP was in fear of.

But, don't reply to that, we have read the excuses....????

30 minutes ago, transam said:

If I objected, I wouldn't be involved in this thread, but I do find it amazing that you, of all people, will not comment on "proof" videos of things the OP was in fear of.

But, don't reply to that, we have read the excuses....????

How many times do I have to tell you.

I don’t need your videos to know what’s going on in the UK, I’ve been there very recently and seen for myself with my own eyes.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How many times do I have to tell you.

I don’t need your videos to know what’s going on in the UK, I’ve been there very recently and seen for myself with my own eyes.

Where did you see a Sharia Law court, did you sit in on one of their cases....?

Is this CNN investigation false because you never saw it live...?

Enoch's thoughts have credence in todays UK, sadly 'some' folk here are deniers, but quick with the racist slurs....????

Where did you see a Sharia Law court, did you sit in on one of their cases....?

Is this CNN investigation false because you never saw it live...?

Enoch's thoughts have credence in todays UK, sadly 'some' folk here are deniers, but quick with the racist slurs....????

I suggest you take a trip back to the UK to go see for yourself, you’ll not need to rely on constantly posting ripped videos once you have some up to date experience of your own.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I suggest you take a trip back to the UK to go see for yourself, you’ll not need to rely on constantly posting ripped videos once you have done up to date experience of your own.

Simple question, where did you sit in a Sharia Law court in the UK...?

CNN has a video on one, are you calling it, FAKE....?

16 minutes ago, transam said:

Simple question, where did you sit in a Sharia Law court in the UK...?

CNN has a video on one, are you calling it, FAKE....?

Sharia courts are private affairs between people who jointly agree to take their case to the Sharia court, if either party is not happy with the process/ruling they may take their case to a UK court under UK law which holds primacy.

I have no reason at all to attend Sharia court in the UK  or anywhere else.

But since you ask about timing.

When were you last living in the UK?

I ask because while having a lot to say about life there, you seem awfully out of touch with what life there is actually like these days.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Sharia courts are private affairs between people who jointly agree to take their case to the Sharia court, if either party is not happy with the process/ruling they may take their case to a UK court under UK law which holds primacy.

I have no reason at all to attend Sharia court in the Zuni or anywhere else.

But since you ask about timing.

When we’re you last living in the UK?

1. So you agree that the Muslim Sharia Law is alive and well in the UK, at last, thank you...

2. Me too, but WE know they exist. Thank you.

3. None of your business, and I have never been in a UK soup kitchen.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

I think you are just smarting that you cannot or will not answer my questions put forward, try giving me your explanation on under the table Sharia Law and foreigner town ghettos in the UK, all in Enoch's thoughts, instead of telling me "I" have no rational response, which is hilarious.....????

You have had numerous responses on your videos (myself included) but conveniently, never respond when an explaination is given. Like I said, like playing a pigeon at chess.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I concur as I experienced one of the problems brought about by having to move so daughter could go to a school and be educated. 

It is one of the main reasons we came back to live in Thailand,now i know our son is Thai , but when he hit twelve the school he had to go to was very full with immigrants from the lands we are discusing  ,they had to have police on the gates to stop the fighting between them and the ones down the road  ,so we sold up and moved here ,where he went to a private school then university and now runs a company,doubt that would have happened in the UK.

You would not even recognise many parts of our old home town and certainly would not venture there at night.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

You have had numerous responses on your videos (myself included) but conveniently, never respond when an explaination is given. Like I said, like playing a pigeon at chess.

Numerous responses, really, well I'm glad you were taking note, so what's your opinion on the UK under the table but 'there', Sharia Law "courts"...?

Or the Sharia Law blokes walking the streets sorting folk out....?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

It is one of the main reasons we came back to live in Thailand,now i know our son is Thai , but when he hit twelve the school he had to go to was very full with immigrants from the lands we are discusing  ,they had to have police on the gates to stop the fighting between them and the ones down the road  ,so we sold up and moved here ,where he went to a private school then university and now runs a company,doubt that would have happened in the UK.

You would not even recognise many parts of our old home town and certainly would not venture there at night.

Kinda sad isn't it but there you have it. 

My friends on old age pensions cannot afford to visit me here but I Me here on a frozen pension can afford to visit them but the thing is I  have no intentions of doing so. 

• Like 2