Resurfacing of Walking Street is near completion, only street art left

snoop1130

6FF98737-585D-4D1F-B5E8-315ABC83A064-696x392.jpeg

PHOTO: บริษัท โสภณ เคเบิ้ล ที.วี.และสื่อสาร พัทยา จำกัด

The resurfacing of Walking Street was around 95% complete with only the street art process remaining. All advertising signs that obstructed the street must be put away or made parallel to the venues within three months, the Pattaya Deputy Mayor told TPN media.

Pattaya Deputy Mayor Manoch Nongyai and relevant authorities inspected Walking Street on Wednesday, August 31st, to follow up on the progress of the 30-million-baht road resurfacing project.

Walking Street used to be in worse shape, according to Deputy Manoch, because it was dug up to bury underground wires and pipes under the command of the Provincial Electricity Authority to enhance the tourism atmosphere. However, Manoch stated that the project was done during the low season with few tourists, so the consequences were tolerable.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/01/resurfacing-of-walking-street-is-near-completion-only-street-art-left-pattaya-deputy-mayor-says/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-09-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

around 95% complete

Bicycle ride, morning exercise yesterday, around 6am. 

Looks good, I saw the common and expected Drunken effects, the occasional dried up vomit patch and passed out foreigner, I also saw the stinky garbage truck (nice pink Mario coveralls guys). ????

Still a little bit of work to be done to finish but looking good, well done City Hall. ????

IMG_20220902_044705.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmmm, if those pavers are laid with the usual Thai precision, then they will be part of the beach after the next decent storm, they might help to retain the sand mind.

Also, from the heading photo I suspect that PEA will be digging it all up again soon to finish their cable burying activities :whistling:

Cables? I see no cables.

image.png.06f436fbe332eca164e7cecd5be9b8b7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Also, from the heading photo I suspect that PEA will be digging it all up again soon to finish their cable burying activities :whistling:

Cables? I see no cables.

Ahh, but are they PEA cables...........????

• Haha 2

Hope they did also something about water drainage, otherwise you will have a flood over there when it really rains. And in Thailand it can rain very good already. With climate change, it could get worse.

On pic i see just one tiny drain and it is already covered with garbage.

13 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Looks good, I saw the common and expected Drunken effects, the occasional dried up vomit patch and passed out foreigner,

IMG_20220902_044705.jpg

First of all, that doesn't look like a foreigner, and second why do the pavement stones are different shape from the current ones?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

First of all, that doesn't look like a foreigner, and second why do the pavement stones are different shape from the current ones?

Korean. 

He's laying in the side soi 

Anymore issues or concerns Inspector? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, peterfranks said:

The project isn't finished, as it says above 'near completion' 

All the pavers are not matching, once finished they will. 

My post was a laugh, a bit of fun and a compliment to City Hall.

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah huh-well I’m sure that’s the case if you say so…

I would not be as sure as him. The defamation laws here are not what one finds in Western Countries.....although I suspect he may struggle to pay a lawyer's retainer. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I would not be as sure as him. The defamation laws here are not what one finds in Western Countries.....although I suspect he may struggle to pay a lawyer's retainer. 

I’m not as sure as he is. I think you may be right about the defamation laws here.