Young German Man Displays Anti-Prawit Photo In Rayong

webfact

1 minute ago, AsianAtHeart said:

My parents taught me well.  I was taught that some people have personalities that will bring instant addiction the first time they try it, and then be drunkards for life--so best not ever to have even a sip, as one cannot know, until too late, if such applies to him or her.

Thanks, makes sense but I doubt 1 sip would do anything. I have an 8 year old and have the opposite view. I normalise alcohol around him but also show the problems associated with excess. I am lucky as I  know my limits, have never become aggressive and don'tget headaches. 

When he was about 3,  I showed him police interceptors on UK TV. Some showed people fighting after the pubs closed and I explained what was going on. The next time I  opened a beer to have with my dinner he didn't want me to have any, even though this was normal for me. When my wife asked why, he said it would make daddy angry. She gave me a black look and I was confused until I realised how he came to that conclusion. 

I applaud your abstinence but alcohol has given me a lot of pleasure (and pain) over the years and I will let my boy make up his own mind about it - with some guidance from me. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, huangnon said:

He really ought to pay attention to the nutcase Greenies in his own country. ????

At least he can pay his electricity bills here.

And his Gas bills (we he would not have to pay it here except for cookig gas or if he converted his car to LPG / CNG but just to make the point withthe bills and normal people being unable to pay them).

33 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Is she happy with the way Thailand is governed?

Is she happy that now that he made her and her family a spectacle in her village? I strongly doubt it. Even if they live 500 kilometers from her home it’s a big eyesore. I’m sure the reverberations of the word ควาย won’t stop bouncing around in his cranial walls for a long time 

46 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Off topic I know but we all want to know why?

Because it’s poison? Too much make’s one stupid maybe? 

I don’t touch the stuff either. Why? Because it’s POISON! for me anyway. I can’t speak for anyone else though 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I would not do that because of all the trouble he will get, because there a law Prohibition foreigners getting Involved in any political activities.

But totally understand him, because every foreign political spirit (PKK etc.) can do it in Germany.

Thailand Protests to be free, but it isn't.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

More like a kumquat, maybe he's one of those rainbow people. ????️‍????

Seriously, it baffles me why foreigners come to this beautiful place and get involved with politics.

I see many comments from AN members when reading political articles. It's foolish, look at the goose above, how childish, bloody rediculous. 

We are living in Thailand, we are guests.

The best bloody place on the planet, enjoy yourself, keep yourself positive, healthy and enjoy your life here.

Don't get involved....... if you want to be a troublemaker, complain, annoy everyone, moan, whinge, whine and stir the pot go back to your home country and get involved with political nonsense. 

I keep out of politics and religion.

We are paying guests...

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, novacova said:

Because it’s poison? Too much make’s one stupid maybe? 

I don’t touch the stuff either. Why? Because it’s POISON! for me anyway. I can’t speak for anyone else though 

Agreed, my interest was why he had never tried it, which he has explained. I am not criticising him at all, just curious. 

3 minutes ago, novacova said:

Go apply this wonderful idea in China then report back and let us know how it went???? 

I expect the Chinese wished their ancestors had fought the communists a bit harder. 

1 minute ago, chang1 said:

Agreed, my interest was why he had never tried it, which he has explained. I am not criticising him at all, just curious. 

Well, I gave the short answer.  There is much more, including that I collected aluminum cans as a child and the stuff stank badly.  I've been told that no one really likes the flavor of beer--they drink it for the "buzz," not for the savor.  When that "buzz" is accompanied by reduced mental function, beginning with the delayed reflexes and ending with lack of common inhibitions to inappropriate public behaviors, who wants it?  "Happy hour" is appropriately named--as it only lasts about that long, after which one often has greater problems still and less money to meet them.  Some even die of inebriation, as it is poison.  Perhaps, though, my biggest reason for staying off the stuff is that it is unhealthful and I don't feel I could drink alcohol to the glory of God. 

4 hours ago, itsari said:

The German protestor is not a guest , he has chosen to live in Thailand

I see that he is making his protest alone therefore he is not breaking any laws .

I congratulate the man for making a peaceful and lawful protest .

Most foreigners live here on the cheap and give nothing back to the society .

We don't know if he has citizenship or PR, if not then he is a guest. Even people with Elite or Smart whatever are still guests with an expiration date.

4 minutes ago, chang1 said:

I expect the Chinese wished their ancestors had fought the communists a bit harder. 

I have known a lot of Chinese nationals, most are unable to comprehend a defiance of the formed/trained submissive allegiance that’s been ironed in since birth. That’s the order of communist regimes, much like what’s currently being worked on in the US   

4 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

I agree. Why foreigners get involved with Thai politics I will never know. It's asking for trouble. 

I often wonder why some foreigners here want to get involved in the politics of another country outside of Thailand.

I know one who seems to have an obsession about US or a particular US politician.

This person is not a US citizen, has never lived there or has any connection with the US.

Beggars belief !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

And you wonder why Anutin diss's us.

We are all guests in this country, and it's incumbent on us all to set a good example.

Guests?? In Thailand?? Since when did farangs who are treated like criminals become guests?? (90 day reporting)

• Confused 1

A post using profane language and the replies have been removed:

8. You will not post vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Posts with disallowed references to the current have been removed as well as the replies. 

Inflammatory posts, troll posts and the replies have been removed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

How long have you been a guest for? Do you plan to be a guest for life? 

Some of us have lived in Thailand longer than our previous country and believe in assimilation and integration. 

Some of us refuse to integrate and remain at the same social level as a rubbish scavenger. 

I don't understand your comment, what does it matter? Good for you if you decided to integrate so well. Although, depending on your race and nationality, I have some doubts that you will ever be accepted as a real Thai. I am European, been here 10 years, I still experience that if I go out for dinner with my non-Thai (but Thai-looking) wife the waiter will never talk to me even if I am perfectly able to order, only to her. Having a Thai passport wouldn't make any difference.

And a question to you: assuming you are now Thai citizen, have you actually given up your previous nationality or keep dual passport? In the second instance, please don't preach to us, you cannot be assimilated and integrated on demand.

So yes, I am a guest, lucky to be, hope to remain for a long time, and back to OP I'd never dream of doing what he did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Once a foreigner, always a foreigner.  In other words, even if you become a naturalized citizen, you will still be just a "farang" guest in the country in the minds of the Thai.

I know what you mean, but as a naturalized citizen, I have rights and am not a guest. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A YOUNG German man displayed a photo of caretaker Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan with a red cross over it at the central traffic island in Taphong intersection, Mueang district of Rayong province, yesterday (Sept. 1) and upon being questioned said he did so because he felt sorry for the Thai people

In an old rugby term "that'll get him an early bath" ....

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I know what you mean, but as a naturalized citizen, I have rights and am not a guest. 

You do not have the same rights, and never will, as a native-born Thai.  But more importantly, Thai people will never accept you as a Thai--even if they treat you as one for legal purposes.

Now, supposing the German of our story has obtained Thai citizenship--how would that affect people's perception or treatment of him now?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No one should need to do it at all.

Agree totally, but if him in charge says you must do it, you do it the easiest way possible.

No one should be prevented from buying beer between 2 - 5pm, but if that's what the man says...................go to Mom & Pop shop. 555

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

I wouldn't go as far as going french "gilets-jaunes / yellow shirts" style here in Thailand, at intersections. But as someone paying taxes here (personal income & company taxes etc..) and social security to all the employees i have and ever had. Having given a decently paid job to quite a number of Thai people over 10 years. I feel that even as a foreigner, i am entitled to at least have a say about local politics. Too bad i cannot vote , although i'm not sure how that would make a difference in such a (ahem) democracy.

• Like 2