The Bangkok River Level Thread 2022 - Please post your river level photos

Crossy

So far so good here.  The pumps seem to be doing their work.  The canal is very full.  We will see at the end of this month when high tide is 3.9 m on the 29th.  27 through 31 are all around the 3.9 m.  This is about 60 cm higher than today's high tide.  Hopefully it doesn't rain upcountry and that the flood peak has passed by then.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 1:15 PM, lujanit said:

So far so good here.  The pumps seem to be doing their work.  The canal is very full.  We will see at the end of this month when high tide is 3.9 m on the 29th.  27 through 31 are all around the 3.9 m.  This is about 60 cm higher than today's high tide.  Hopefully it doesn't rain upcountry and that the flood peak has passed by then.

The tide will be attenuated somewhat as you go upstream. It may only be a 20-30 cm increase in Pak kret, for example. We have a few days of lowish high tides so hopefully that will help water flow to the gulf more quickly. There should be little rain for the next 10 days so that should help a lot too.

41 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Madam notes that there were some issues up in Ang Thong when some annoyed villagers who have been flooded for a while decided to share their water with the adjacent village who were (until then) safe behind their sandbags!

This seems to happen a lot in semi-rural areas, where the natural watercourse in times of flooding are blocked by some to the detriment of others.

No wonder they were annoyed!

Glad to hear that you have not been flooded out yet.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Meanwhile, the general level around Bangkok is dropping, slowly but it is dropping.

This morning's high at Pak Kret.

image.jpeg.4ffc567bd11b92852246a523053f812a.jpeg

We now have mud, lots of mud, and rather less water although there are high tides due later this week.

Also, many of Madam's koi have been captured and returned to their pond. 

image.png.69b4298d46e9c0bf5617e27a1b0fbca9.png

Going to need a skip loader to remove the mud from the concrete driveway, I mean there is one under the mud correct?

54 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Meanwhile, the general level around Bangkok is dropping, slowly but it is dropping.

This morning's high at Pak Kret.

image.jpeg.4ffc567bd11b92852246a523053f812a.jpeg

We now have mud, lots of mud, and rather less water although there are high tides due later this week.

Also, many of Madam's koi have been captured and returned to their pond. 

image.png.69b4298d46e9c0bf5617e27a1b0fbca9.png

Good news about the fish. ????

Shovel and pressure washer for the mud?

Do the army or navy ever come around to help after a flood?

33 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Nah, it's gravel, we like the au-naturelle grass-up-the-middle jungle style, it matches the rest of the garden.

Once it's dried out a bit, we'll dump another couple of truck loads on to freshen it up ???? 

Bingo......

Pak Kret high today, definitely on a nicely downwards trend.

Puyai Baan has also allowed us to adjust the sandbags in front of our gate so we can get the car in and out ????   

image.png.cdb7f515c2f425db4451975eaf641315.png

So now the big cleanup begins including replacing / fixing Madam's irrigation pumps which haven't reacted well to being under water for 2 weeks + ???? 

EDIT It looks like the mower didn't make it ???? 

It's not like there's any grass yet anyway. The mower was on its last legs already having survived over 10 years of abuse.

• Like 2

What about your grey water tanks guys?

Do you have a contingency plan for them too?

If they get inundated won't your floor drains inside the house overflow as well?

Just asking. because it happened to us about 7 years ago.

• Like 2

Our floor drains are actually lower than the water came this time.

Bin liner over the drain with a sandbag on top stemmed the flow to a drip, this time!

Next issue would be the downstairs toilet pan!

• Like 1

I'm certain that it was my Plan-B which convinced the river that it just wasn't worth flooding our place just so it could muddy some tiles :whistling:

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

... (over masking tape to protect the paint - hopefully)

It didn't, so some painting will be required after filling the screw holes. The masking tape certainly made it easier (possible) to actually remove the silicon.

Got to test the pressure washer this weekend, I expect more paint will be needed after that too.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

High water at Pak Kret.

A good trend, let’s hope it continues.  I also hope it will be another eleven years before this natural calamity happens again.  I probably won’t be around then to witness another flood.  What with BKK sinking it might be worse than 2011.  I see BKK sinking here at home, the garden has sunk 5 cm over the last seven to eight years.  The concrete surrounds have all cracked and it is almost impossible to drive the car out of the garage without scraping the bottom.

4 minutes ago, lujanit said:

The concrete surrounds have all cracked and it is almost impossible to drive the car out of the garage without scraping the bottom.

Time to lose the Ferrari! :whistling:

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 5:35 PM, Crossy said:

Mazda 3 sedan is a Turquoise Low Rider in China

I knew a guy in Singapore who put ‘skirts’ all around his souped up Nissan.  He couldn’t even drive out of the workshop the car was so low.  Had to remove the kit.  He then blew up the Cosworth motor.  After ‘investing’ over 100k he sold it for pennies on the dollar.  I am a great believer that car engineers and manufacturers know more than me so I never alter a new car.

• Like 1