Heavy rain forecast for all of Thailand from September 5th to 9th

webfact

image.jpeg

The whole of Thailand faces heavy to very heavy rainfall from Monday to Friday next week, due to  the intensifying monsoon trough over the northern, central and north-eastern regions, according to the Meteorological Department today (Saturday).

The southwestern monsoon over the Andaman Sea, the Gulf of Thailand and the southern region is forecast to gain strength during the same period.

The heavy rain may result in river overflows and possible flash floods at the feet of mountains and areas close to waterways, said the department.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/heavy-rain-forecast-for-all-of-thailand-from-august-5th-to-9th/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-09-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 1

Currently no rain, but I do see some clouds in the distance.

All of Thailand is a pretty bold statement.

There better NOT be one member who doesn't see rain this week!!!

I really like the rain until I get some crazy allergy, and then I still like it;  however, I realize I'm a weak human being.  

22 hours ago, Road Warrior said:

be good to test the new Pattaya drainage system 

There was no flood water anywhere around soi moo cow or road 2 this morning. The road drains were empty. It looks like the big new drains along beach road are doing their job. Apart from just drainage they are large enough to act as sumps to store a lot of run off before it's pumped out to sea.

Soi 15 is incomplete and had a few problems. Photos.

The Avenue guards told me there had been no flooding (may mee nam tuam) but they were wheeling scooters out. They weren't muddy so who knows.

20220905_093046.jpg

20220905_092428.jpg

20220905_092244.jpg

20220905_092208.jpg

20220905_092120.jpg

Edited by ozimoron