14-year-old student stomped by 20 rivals reportedly over a “wrong look” in Sri Racha

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: ประชาชาตินิวส์ ทีวี ภูมิภาค

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Bowin subdistrict, Sri Racha — A 14-year-old student was reportedly threatened with a knife to the throat while getting stomped by 20 rivals whom the victim claimed got furious after he stared at their faces.

“Kai,” a 14-year-old student, and his mother went to report their plight to Pol. Lt. Col. Nattapong Mueanphan at the Bowin Police Station with a video clip showing a chaotic moment when Kai was being stomped by a group of around 20 people.

The brawl took place around 5.30 p.m. Friday, September 2nd, in the Bowin subdistrict of Sri Racha.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/03/14-year-old-student-stomped-by-20-rivals-reportedly-over-a-wrong-look-in-sri-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-09-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Just training for normal Thai adult fights of 10 to 1

Who said looks can kill? This kind of thing went on when I was in school. You look at someone funny and they want to kick your butt. After all these years you would think the stupid has left, no it is still there.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Who said that it doesn't? Where did you read that? However, I and everyone else who has spent any time in Thailand knows 1 - that Thais never fight one on one but only like a pack of rabid dogs and 2 - it is highly dangerous to 'look at someone the wrong way' or challenge them in any way on the roads (overtaking, hooting etc) or anywhere else as they might well be armed with a baseball bat, a sword or a gun and do not appreciate being challenged. 

There are many, many stories like this every month, and they indicate that there is something deeply, deeply wrong with Thai society. When it involves adults it's bad enough, but when kids do this then the future is grim. The rival school battles that involve all kinds of weapons including ping-pong bombs, whatever they are, are frequently reported and are part of the culture. Fortunately, the unrestrained violence is usually, but not always, Thai on Thai.

and these little #hits are the Future of Thailand oh my ..god help us eh 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jerno said:

20 against 1?  Despicable pathetic cowards.  

usually, in these situations,  kids do what they have learned from their parents... now let's guess what type of parents they have, bully cowards?? agree

On 9/5/2022 at 8:44 AM, vandeventer said:

Who said looks can kill? This kind of thing went on when I was in school. You look at someone funny and they want to kick your butt. After all these years you would think the stupid has left, no it is still there.

20 on 1?

Never, ever happened at my school in UK.

34 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

20 on 1?

Never, ever happened at my school in UK.

Happened in the UK school I attended, and the UK schools I worked every week. In the USA it's more likely one guy with a semi-automatic weapon.

Edited by BritManToo