BREAKING NEWS ! Liz Truss WINS !

CharlieH

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There's a rather generous pension and even more generous expenses forever.

Not to mention a paying seat in the House of Lords.

All of that - albeit a pension at a  slightly reduced rate - is available to those who remain on the backbenches picking their noses and complaining about road by-passes.

Can't see the appeal of being a minister - let alone PM - at this moment in time.

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

"We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.” (Fight Club)

Man, woman, unsure: Doubt that anyone's got the answers to the problems facing our new PM. Hope that I'm wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Great news.  It almost guarantees Sir Keir will be our next PM.  Well done the Tories.

Labours popularity was more to do with Boris's  incompetence .

Labour are currently ahead in the Polls and would win an election if there was a vote today .

Quite likely that Labour would win the next election of Boris  had remained as leader .

Voters may now go back to Tories as there's now a new leader .

Boris remaining would have been a benefit to Labour

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

First job, change the wallpaper.

I would not bother, let Sir Keir's wife do it ,she is probably looking for new curtains online already.

Will we be sending Christmas cards this year or food parcels ,I am just glad I am here now .

And I see they all have got a day out in Scotland tomorrow ,the Queen is at Balmoral Castle ,not fit enough to travel down to London for the handover

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

The lefties are out in full on this thread.  :cheesy:

They need to chime in with the pretend celebration .

*Just what We/I wanted , really pleased with the results because it will mean they will lose the next election* .

I think it stems from the joke song that football fans sing to each other "We want him(their manager) to stay " , singing they want the oppositions manager  to stay on as manager because he's not very good  .

Quite funny when it was first sung about 20 years ago

• Like 2