Pattaya dance teacher files report claiming foreign tourist inappropriately touched her while out for a stroll on Walking Street

webfact

At 3 a.m. on a stroll to enjoy the vibe? She must be a hell of a dance instructor then ....... 

Having said that, it is despicable by whoever groped the woman but, as said, 3 a.m. strolling around in Thailand's biggest city of ill repute ........... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, it is what it is said:

but is it appropriate with a working girl? does a sex worker does she not deserve respect? just because someone is a sex worker is it ok to go up and touch, grab, behave inappropriately with them? don't sex workers have the legal, moral, basic human right to decide who they conduct their business with?

You totally misunderstood what I said, and put words into my quote. I said if you have hired a working girl, it is then appropriate to grope her. And it was assumed that is in private. A consensual act is a completely different thing. It is never appropriate in public, or in the streets, with anyone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is totally appropriate to grope a working gal, after you have struck a deal, in private. It is then consensual. That was the point I originally made. 

Weeeellll???? Is she "working" or not? To be or not to be. That is the question.

2 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

I LOVE it!!! 

???? Civilian...you sound like Al Pacino in the Godfather.

Cheers Brother ????

We all have different terms we use. I know many who use this term. It is a rather innocent description. I don't like using the words whore, hooker or prostitute. Civilian and working gal seem far more polite and respectful. Although some Uber PC guys will argue the point. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

Weeeellll???? Is she "working" or not? To be or not to be. That is the question.

Yes. It is assumed after you have struck a deal and hired her for sex that she is a working gal, and is working. Groping is then allowed and encouraged, in private. And that is the only time it is cool. Not on the street, not with a stranger and not even with a working gal, before you are back in the room. Basic respect. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

At 3 a.m. on a stroll to enjoy the vibe? She must be a hell of a dance instructor then ....... 

Having said that, it is despicable by whoever groped the woman but, as said, 3 a.m. strolling around in Thailand's biggest city of ill repute ........... 

There are plenty of civilians, or non working gals wandering around at 3am. It is never cool to just presume. You approach her and politely inquire. No groping. We are animals, but we are civilized and respectful animals. 

• Like 1

Of course, the man shouldn't have done it. But, lady, you were out walking on Thailand's seediest and most infamous street at 3 a.m..The street is known for prostitutes, thieves, con artists, drunks, people on drugs, and foreigners looking for sex. Of course, nothing could possibly go wrong.

Edited by renaissanc
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. It is assumed after you have struck a deal and hired her for sex that she is a working gal, and is working. Groping is then allowed and encouraged, in private. And that is the only time it is cool. Not on the street, not with a stranger and not even with a working gal, before you are back in the room. Basic respect. 

I totally agree with you my friend. The topic,,,,and Pattaya just made me laugh. Not you.

It's a jungle out there.... for all of us.

????

Love ya Bro!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Tourists, especially western seem to think they have a free pass here.  I have seen many inappropriate behaviors with females over the years working girls or not.

In many countries now it is a crime of sexual assault or worse.  And, big money civil payouts.

Bottom line, keep your hands to yourself unless the exchange is wanted or mutual.

22 years ago, in my fovorite Krung Thep internet cafe....1:30 PM or so. relentlessly molested.

Her hands all up my shorts.

Quite enjoyed it for maybe 2 or 3 days, then it was "CRIMONY! Leave my willie alone for 10 minutes please???"

I never went to the cops though.

Edited by jaywalker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Trumper defence lawyer argues for mistaken identity. ????

Oh dear another over emotional wokie,   I did not "argue" for mistaken Identity, I suggested it as a possibility which was perfectly a feasible explanation that had not been mentioned in this thread

Why do you need to mention "trump" he has nothing to do with this at all. 

I imagine you mention trump at every opportunity,regarding whatever you consider to be negative ,  is it a way of raising your status amongst your woke friends or just an annoying habit over which you have no control

• Like 1

I've been inappropriately touched several times by women on Walking Street but never thought of complaining. If I had the fuzz would undoubtedly have laughed at me.

That was back in the good old days, the street is quite respectable now by comparison.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No it is your English... doesn't make sense to me. But I note in the linked article the police have their man...good, now perhaps they can get on to thefts and such. 

So, when you realized, you were in the wrong, then you turned to my English instead. Looks like even foreigners have a face problem. ????

Never talked about thefts. That was you mentioning in your post as well, by telling what the police have to do before they attend to a case they already had resolved.

Just now, Gottfrid said:

So, when you realized, you were in the wrong, then you turned to my English instead. Looks like even foreigners have a face problem. ????

Never talked about thefts. That was you mentioning in your post as well, by telling what the police have to do before they attend to a case they already had resolved.

No, that was my initial issue... and I fail to see where I was 'wrong'.... 

The police might have caught some criminals, if they had not been occupied with this rather minor matter.... I am quite sure the miscreant did not walk in to  the station on his own volition. 

I see this as rather a waste of police time.... and your comments as a waste of mine. 

The Thai media later said that he was Indian and he had to pay 200,000 baht compensation, of course you don't have to pay that much legally, but people get scared into it.

We need to see the butt grope to really judge, I think its totally wrong grabbing a ladies ass, but we do have to question, if he wasnt Indian, would she have called the police?

Now that every Thai girl in Pattaya knows about this, will all the bubble butts be lined up tonight on walking street trying to get in the way of tourists?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She's 45. Never heard of Pattaya I'm sure. 

Much like nude beaches in Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan, this vile practice never happens.

I'd give 500 baht to see that cop's reaction.

I would have been rolling on the floor...."thanks for making me laugh at          0

0300 hrs today....you little cutie pie".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

IMHO victim blaming is often a stupid term.

If people don't use common sense and bring themselves in situations which they can easily avoid, and then things go wrong, and people point out that was predictable, why do some people call that victim blaming?

Life is dangerous, and in certain areas and i.e. at night it is more dangerous. Think and act accordingly!

Only fools do stupid risky things and are then surprised when things go wrong.

And then some people call it victim blaming when others point out that it was just stupid to take that risk.

Think, be realistic, and live longer.

Ah yes "victim blaming"  Two words that deny anybody a fair trial , Two words that make a mockery of the legal concept of mitigating circumstances,  Two words that remove anybody's obligation to exercise a"duty of care" regarding themselves