Pattaya dance teacher files report claiming foreign tourist inappropriately touched her while out for a stroll on Walking Street

webfact

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is a big difference between "asking for it" and bringing yourself in a dangerous situation.

Let me try to explain it again: Why do sex workers often wear sexy short skirts and maybe stockings and high heels? Because lots of guys get horny when they see women with clothes like that.

And obviously women know that.

So if a women want's to avoid that guys think she is available what do those women do? They don't wear short skirts and stockings and high heels and walk at night on the streets.

It's not so difficult to understand this connection.

Is every woman who wears such thing a prostitute? No. But does she run the risk that horny guys who are maybe also drunk misinterpret her. Sure!

wp5271011.jpg

"Misinterpret". Just an excuse.

3 hours ago, jmccarty said:

This thread seems to touch a sensitive part of obvious liberal mind-sets which it should.  The world outside is not as civilized as people think and what was an error in judgement with the dance teacher would have not caused any concern for the hundreds of working girls there unless it was threatening her with physical harm (we can't see the whole story from the above).  The tolerance of these working girls for being poked and prodded, and molested by would-be clients is shocking when viewed by the outside.  I just don't go to the gogo scene and I would suggest you keep your wives and daughters away from there too or also end up trying to get the BIB to help you sort it out at 3am which is easy to avoid.  It's not Kansas anymore!

"an error in judgement". Amateur defence lawyer on the loose.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, mijens said:

Consider what's inappropriate and illegal in own country will be inappropriate and illegal in Thailand. Wonder what legal action the offender would face at home?

You are comparing apples to oranges. In my home, the USA they have strip clubs, but customers cannot touch the women unless placing money in their bikini, in go go bars in Pattaya, you are actively encouraged to play with the women. Is is legal?

If the same thing had happened in  my home town I would expect the perp would have at best mace in his eyes, worst a bullet between his eyes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

"as a Thai woman"she wont be refusing any money I can guarantee that, Also "as a Thai woman" she well knew that's what the outcome would be. 

Are you a Thai woman? 

You are painting an entire country with one brush. 

Thai women are no different to American ones, well apart from needing a scooter to go around the supermarket. 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You started this dialogue.... why did you comment? 

Haha... anyone but the Thai police has a better idea of what they should be doing!  You are living in cloud cuckoo land!

Was not about who started. You said it was a waste of time to deal with my comments. That was the reason for the question. Maybe you like to waste time, what do I know. I know many members are very old here, so if that is the case, I can forgive you for forgetting what you wrote.

Also, I judge your comments as coming from a person that thinks he know how to run it better. If you are living here, you are the guest. Then, accept how they are dealing with their country and how different departments work.

On 9/6/2022 at 5:41 PM, bkk6060 said:

Tourists, especially western seem to think they have a free pass here.  I have seen many inappropriate behaviors with females over the years working girls or not.

In many countries now it is a crime of sexual assault or worse.  And, big money civil payouts.

Bottom line, keep your hands to yourself unless the exchange is wanted or mutual.

Inappropriate sure, and the guy must be stupid or drunk, but look at the location, 3am, woman walking alone, will be interesting to see how much she settles for, and how much the "police report will cost" ? 

43 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Are you a Thai woman? 

You are painting an entire country with one brush. 

Thai women are no different to American ones, well apart from needing a scooter to go around the supermarket. 

That was not my  intention  i was mimicking his "as a thai woman she....."  response to one of my posts earlier, I can assure you I consider Thai women far superior to their western "sisters"   Now scooters to go round supermarkets, you could be onto something there might be the next "trend" in Thailand lol

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 1:49 PM, webfact said:

around 3 a.m. today

never, ever, ever get 100 meters from the dreaded falang after 11 p.m.   Sexpats 101% after 11.

listen sexpat falangs.............not every girl wants your fat, grimy, wrinkly, smelly hands.  

I'm the exception.  I'm very hansum.   After 10 drinks (my minimum), I'm super hansum.

Do as I say, not as i do!!!    Even the 7-11 girls like it when I kiss their ears!!!

Oh wait, that's Makro.  

On 9/6/2022 at 8:58 AM, RandolphGB said:

A very embarrassing mistake to make for a man to approach a regular girl thinking she’s a hooker. 

Perhaps they could wear numbers outside like they do in gogo bars. 

Not even appropriate with an hooker! 

There is no excuse for walking up to randem women and groping them hookers or not! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

never, ever, ever get 100 meters from the dreaded falang after 11 p.m.   Sexpats 101% after 11.

listen sexpat falangs.............not every girl wants your fat, grimy, wrinkly, smelly hands.  

I'm the exception.  I'm very hansum.   After 10 drinks (my minimum), I'm super hansum.

Do as I say, not as i do!!!    Even the 7-11 girls like it when I kiss their ears!!!

Oh wait, that's Makro.  

sure it wasn't Marko ?

• Like 1

I remember arriving at a bar in Pattaya where the police had been called . A tourist had groped one of the girls and been rewarded by being hit over tge head with a beer bottle. I think the guy may have called the cops himself. The tourist police quickly disabused him of the idea he had any cause to complain and sent him packing. He was lucky they didn't press charges against him in my view.

In this case 200000 baht seems a very large settlement  However the foreigner in this case may think it a very small price to pay...faced with the alternative of being officially labelled as a SEX OFFENDER, and the enormous costs attendant upon that. Possibly losing his job,losing his partner and having severe restrictions placed on any future foreign travel!!!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 2:57 AM, 2baht said:

Well, just what is the vibe on Walking Street? ????

The vibe is you don't do this unless you know it's a working girl and that it's OK. The vibe is that there are hundreds of ordinary people and tourists walking around just taking in the sights who do not deserve to be degraded or sexually assaulted by folks like you. How is it you're not smart enough to know this? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

I take your point, but in general i would have to disagree with your comment "Thai women are no different to American ones"

American women in general, there are exceptions, are self assured, confident, ready to defend themselves, verbally and physically. They believe men and women are equal, sometimes better than men. I could go on but you get the picture.

Thai women, unless they have lived in the USA for some time, are not so?

They are more feminine, more friendly, in general of course. IMO they have a much better attitude.

I would much rather work in an office full of Thai women then American women.

"In general" a load of old school sexist baloney.

• Confused 1

On 9/6/2022 at 8:16 AM, chuang said:

Taking a walk 3 am in the morning...???

I was at Walking Street last Wednesday and nobody grabbed my @rse or anything else at 04:00am. Not even my GF as we stumbled home. No mention of the tourist's nationalaity from what I read so far.

8 hours ago, BigStar said:

So a female shopper in Foodland may quite reasonably be expect some farang to grab her bottom, crotch, or breasts at 2 am. Her fault. Thinking otherwise would just be "woke," get over it, move on. Our lads havin' a bit o' fun.

I'm seeing a good case in this thread for further tightening of visas. ????

I'm seeing a good case in this thread for some needing to go back to school....  Some of the responses are stretching the preposterous to avoid common sense... 

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I was at Walking Street last Wednesday and nobody grabbed my @rse or anything else at 04:00am. Not even my GF as we stumbled home. No mention of the tourist's nationalaity from what I read so far.

The mongers will be besides themselves... go back tomorrow and give them another opportunity !!! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BigStar said:
9 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Walking street is not supposed to be "family friendly"  why should it be made to be ? . Infact very few places would be "family friendly" at 2 am 

So a female shopper in Foodland may quite reasonably be expect some farang to grab her bottom, crotch, or breasts at 2 am. Her fault. Thinking otherwise would just be "woke," get over it, move on. Our lads havin' a bit o' fun.

I'm seeing a good case in this thread for further tightening of visas. ????

Does your Wife go to Foodland in Pattaya Walking Street at 2am ????

This is different than going to to Foodland on Thonglor Bangkok at 2pm.... 

We all agree, it shouldn’t be... But it is...   And if that needs explanation then you are either being deliberately obtuse, or are simply just stupid. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does your Wife go to Foodland in Pattaya Walking Street at 2am ????

This is different than going to to Foodland on Thonglor Bangkok at 2pm.... 

We all agree, it shouldn’t be... But it is...   And if that needs explanation then you are either being deliberately obtuse, or are simply just stupid. 

I'm sure she dressed wrong to, not only at wrong place at wrong time?

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Was not about who started. You said it was a waste of time to deal with my comments. That was the reason for the question. Maybe you like to waste time, what do I know. I know many members are very old here, so if that is the case, I can forgive you for forgetting what you wrote.

Also, I judge your comments as coming from a person that thinks he know how to run it better. If you are living here, you are the guest. Then, accept how they are dealing with their country and how different departments work.

Let it go.... you are acting trollish. I will put you on ignore for a bit of peace. Note the post in question received positive responses.... ageism being introduced too.... you got issues. 

23 hours ago, 2baht said:

Have YOU never been groped by a girl in a bar or in the street to entice you into a bar?

I am not generally a fan of false equivalencies, but I’ll bite just to see where this goes. Say what? I am dying to see the “trail of logic” for this gem. 

I agree its inappropriate for anyone to touch anyone without consent, but for example my mrs would never go out in those areas that are full of working girls & punters looking for working girls for that reason. There are plenty of Thai pubs & clubs where they wont get hassled. I understand if they are trying to meet foreigners its the area to go, but........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Let it go.... you are acting trollish. I will put you on ignore for a bit of peace. Note the post in question received positive responses.... ageism being introduced too.... you got issues. 

Why do I have issues, just because I do not fit your streamlined opinion. Sure, the comment has positive responses, as it fits the attractive and always hot populist section, where we can tell that police and authorities in Thailand are doing wrong and making the wrong decisions. This forum is built on negative aspects about Thailand.

My opinion is to let them deal with things how they are fit to do it, and the way and order they do it in. If we can accept that, them we are ok as guests in Thailand. If we can´t, why bother to stay and only have negative remarks om everything?