Girls and Tatoos, how much is too much ?

Social Media

1 minute ago, arithai12 said:

Obviously. Like getting two bags of silicon in their breasts, or botox in their lips, or getting hip surgery, or (for men) taking steroids. It's their choice, no discussion.

But if somebody asks me, all of the above puts me off completely (well, speaking about women). And that's my business.

Still none of your business on whether someone gets ink or not. 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you have specific criteria for what you think and believe is nice, should you accept others telling you they are wrong?

In this case yes... because your comment was not independent of opinion, it was presented as judgement...  I remind you of what you wrote: 

[I have never seen a woman whose appearance was improved by tattoos.]

IF you really have no opinion, then you have no comment, ergo - your need express your opinion belies your underlying opinion that you do not like tattoos on females....   On males ?... I’ve no idea, your preference remains concealed....

Why so many get tattoos these days? Because they want to express themselves? Or just follow a trend in time? 

Why is it a concern ??  why is it any greater a concern over people dying their hair or adopting varying hair-styles or other fashion over time ? (even if it lasts a life-time?)

Peer pressure, media influence, and personal expression are some of the common reasons for wearing tattoos today.

Steady on Gertrude...  ease up on the protestation..  You project...  are tattoos not a sign of independence? freedom of thought? no-conformity? sticking-it-up-to-the-man?..

Where is the line drawn these days ???

The desire to be part of a group, to be accepted by one's friends or peers, can have a great influence on what a person does. Sometimes, wearing a tattoo can be a sign that you belong to a certain group

https://continuingstudies.uvic.ca/elc/studyzone/490/reading/tattoos2-reading

Or sometimes its a sign of independence.. or or sometimes its nothing other than a tattoo... the same as ‘I like that jumper’....  or ’those nikes’.. or those ‘Dr Martens’... 

But really, who cares...  If everyone behaves... 

Wife had two small Buddhist tattoos when I met her. I hate them..

The thing with tattoos is most are not especially creative, artists and even worse the heavy ink.

Then the farang go out in the sun, get old and the tattoo is blurry and looks even more shi+e

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

In this case yes... because your comment was not independent of opinion, it was presented as judgement...  I remind you of what you wrote: 

[I have never seen a woman whose appearance was improved by tattoos.]

IF you really have no opinion, then you have no comment, ergo - your need express your opinion belies your underlying opinion that you do not like tattoos on females....   On males ?... I’ve no idea, your preference remains concealed....

Why is it a concern ??  why is it any greater a concern over people dying their hair or adopting varying hair-styles or other fashion over time ? (even if it lasts a life-time?)

Steady on Gertrude...  ease up on the protestation..  You project...  are tattoos not a sign of independence? freedom of thought? no-conformity? sticking-it-up-to-the-man?..

Where is the line drawn these days ???

Or sometimes its a sign of independence.. or or sometimes its nothing other than a tattoo... the same as ‘I like that jumper’....  or ’those nikes’.. or those ‘Dr Martens’... 

But really, who cares...  If everyone behaves... 

Beauty is still in the eye of the beholder so yes who really cares.

It will be interesting to follow the tattoo trend for the next decades, and see where it ends!

We might look back and think, wow, what happend

26 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Beauty is still in the eye of the beholder so yes who really cares.

It will be interesting to follow the tattoo trend for the next decades, and see where it ends!

We might look back and think, wow, what happend

This ‘tattoo trend’ will outlive you...  tattoo’s have been around for millennia... 

51 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Not as an western trend. In my younger days, it was criminals and prisoners, sailors and lady's of the nights who had tattoos.

How was life on the Black Pearl ???

51 minutes ago, Hummin said:

When I first arrived Thailand, it was  very few ladies who had tattoos even among the ladies of the night.

You base your acceptability of tattoos on how many you saw as a monger  ????

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How was life on the Black Pearl ???

You base your acceptability of tattoos on how many you saw as a monger  ????

Do you need to be a monger hitting the bars for a few beers now while travelling? 

????

You have to admit Tattoos have reached its limits when it comes to the bucket list make a tattoo before you die! 

I guess the trend will more or less die out because it have become to normal. There is no more rebel left in a tattoo when to many grannies and grandad's have them, and also smoke to much weed as well. 

We will see how it goes in the future. Stay alive in the meantime

From what i know and have seen,bar ladies have a few.Others have more.I know many have the budda one on their back.End of the day it is personal choice.I have 2 very small ones,but will not have another one.If the lady is ok then a few tattoo,s are not a problem

I was at a tattoo convention a few yrs ago in cnx,they were people with tats on most of their body.some was art and others were a big mess,even seeing  them I still would  not get anymore

Edited by bristolgeoff

Where do you draw the line ? What line ? As girlfriend or as one night (15min) stand ? As girlfriend , i'd say , as long as you can hide them and/or not offensive it is all fine . Face tattoos are not ok . As being a short/long time rent out , anything goes , if i fancy her .

In general , i like tattoos ( dont have any myself) but on the other side , color books are for children and not permanent on skin .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, giddyup said:

I see a lot of multi tattooed girls on TikTok, many of them quite beautiful, and I always think, why? You had a beautiful body and you went and covered it with graffiti.

I recently spoke with a bar girl who had many tattoos and peircings, she also had very short streaked blond hair. I asked her that very question, why?. Her answer was  "I don't want to be like everybody else"  I was thinking, good for you girl. She is the first Thai person I've met who doesn't want to be a lemming. As a heavily tattooed person myself, I respect everyone's right to their individuallity. Or, using Thainess . . . get tattoo . . .don't get tattoo . . . up to you.

Peace

ID

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ImageDude said:

I recently spoke with a bar girl who had many tattoos and peircings, she also had very short streaked blond hair. I asked her that very question, why?. Her answer was  "I don't want to be like everybody else"  I was thinking, good for you girl. She is the first Thai person I've met who doesn't want to be a lemming. As a heavily tattooed person myself, I respect everyone's right to their individuallity. Or, using Thainess . . . get tattoo . . .don't get tattoo . . . up to you.

Peace

ID

Streaked blonde hair and tats, hardly a stand out among bar girls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Streaked blonde hair and tats, hardly a stand out among bar girls.

Yes, I agree. However, my focus was on her reply to the why question. I should have stated that I have asked this question many times before and received various replies, but basically the answers have been something like, I do it because I work in the bar and it's what we do.

Edited by ImageDude

18 minutes ago, ImageDude said:

Yes, I agree. However, my focus was on her reply to the why question. I should have stated that I have asked this question many times before and received various replies, but basically the answers have been something like, I do it because I work in the bar and it's what we do.

Then the girl who said she wanted to be individual/different is actually no different than any other girl who looks the same, whatever her reasons.

I don’t draw a line because it is not my body and people have to right to do what they want with their bodies. 

Tattoos are a tradition in Thailand and no man went into battle without neck to knee tattoos. If women think it looks good then it’s up to them, not me. Would I go out with a colorfully tattooed woman? Yes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Then the girl who said she wanted to be individual/different is actually no different than any other girl who looks the same, whatever her reasons.

On Forums there are always some pedantic keyboard warriors who are looking for a dust up and this Forum seems to have more than it's fair share..  Have it your own way dude I have no incination to get into a war of words with you.

Peace

ID

Edited by ImageDude

15 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Can never understand why girls with nice legs get them tatood, i remember when i was 16 i wanted a tatoo my dad said no wait till your 18, by then i was glad i had  not got one .

Me, too.  On first glance I always think they've been in a horrible motorcycle accident that has scarred them terribly.  One is too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ImageDude said:

Peace

ID

The un-inked expat in Thailand is now the rarity. The same is true of bargirls. Thus, to be 'not like everyone else' is to be un-inked.

But as you say....up to you

Hmmm…. Tattoos seem to be a form of self-mutilation to me probably coupled with feelings of low self-esteem. For these reasons I don’t like them but at the end of the day it appears people are able to do what they like to themselves.

10 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm…. Tattoos seem to be a form of self-mutilation to me probably coupled with feelings of low self-esteem. For these reasons I don’t like them but at the end of the day it appears people are able to do what they like to themselves.

Low esteem you say, wow, pretty insensitive to folks who as CEO's run multinational corporations and have tattoo's.