Indian man agrees to pay 200k baht to dance teacher over inappropriate touch on Pattaya Walking Street

webfact

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Great article Tanakorn Panyadee, let's make these women aware that they can report these offenders. 

Should be more of these women come forward and report these offenders. 

I also like to come forward about all the girls which touched me in that street.

Do I also get paid if I liked it?

Or do I have to pretend at least for a day that it was a horrible experience when that cute girl touched me?

pattaya-go-go-bar-with-sexy-bar-girls.jp

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, I have never been to Pattaya and I have never been groped by anyone , let alone a ladyboy .

Sexual assault is sexual assault and anyone who gropes another person should be arrested and charged 

Yes, of course, in certain circumstances you are right.

drunk-tourist-asleep-on-the-street-patta

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I also like to come forward about all the girls which touched me in that street.

Do I also get paid if I liked it?

Or do I have to pretend at least for a day that it was a horrible experience when that cute girl touched me?

pattaya-go-go-bar-with-sexy-bar-girls.jp

I'm hearing you, it's unacceptable. 

Yes, these girls above have touched me inappropriately in the past, bloody repeat offenders. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope....  his nationality is irrelevant with regards to a person going out into an area well known for its 'hedonistic and wild vibe’ and being shocked when people behave poorly.

Perhaps it is because the guy was Indian that the lady took so much affront...  

Irrelevant perhaps, it should not have happened anyway.

But... how ‘severe’ was the inappropriate touch?... a slap on the backside or a full on motorboating !!!

200,000 baht is extortionate... But.. if it happened to my Wife...  hmmm.. Who am I kidding?, my Wife would never been seen dead in an area like that...  Why?... because this is the sort of thing that can happen. 

The outstanding question remains: ‘what was the inappropriate touch’  ???? 

What, so a woman should not be able to walk in whatever public place she wants, without the need to accept that in some places it´s ok to break the law? Is that a sound opinion?

Does it matter how severe it was, when it was unwanted? Are you saying like that because the need to protect the male race?

Now we all know what a good and respectable wife you have. Wonder where you met her. However, the agreement to pay 200k is very good. Maybe it will scare others that think such behavoir is ok.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

In a milieu such as Walking Street at 3 AM. there is a presumption that you are there for a purpose: to either obtain or provide sexual services.

Depends on who's presuming. A monger, who assumes that all Thai women are prostitutes, would think so, as is very clear from so many replies here. Why aren't they offering B1000 to all the cashiers in Lotus's?

But that would be obviously wrong, besides irrelevant to the case. Now one tourist has learned to adjust his thinking, anyway, and others probably as well, as word gets around. So some of our members may need to cease their groping of well-dressed office ladies on the street now. 

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I think the fact that the incident occurred in a venue where sexual propriety norms are often suspended ought to be taken into consideration when assessing damages and penalties.

Shockingly, it was taken into consideration. You see, after taking the venue into consideration, the police, unlike our barstool judges, determined that the laws against sexual assault aren't suspended in that venue but are in fact (cough) still applicable. No doubt they checked the GPS coordinates and found that it is part of Thailand.

If the perp believes the law inapplicable in that venue, he's perfectly entitled to make his case in court.

6 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

An Indian is not a farang?

Nope.

'Farang' is only used, by Thais, to describe whites.

They have been saying it since they saw their first white men who were Francais.

Edited by 2009
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Please show me/us even one comment with someone writing she deserved that. I read lots of comments and I don't think anybody wrote she deserved it.

What lots of people wrote is that going out at night in Walking Street as a single lady has a huge risk of being touched - because that is what that street is all about. Smart ladies, who don't want to get touched, don't walk alone in that street in the middle of the night.

And why should it make any difference what nationality or age or whatever the guy was?

I take your point but don't concur. I have walked down the street once with my girlfriend and I wouldn't have considered I had the right to inappropriately touch any of the women. It's not a thing. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I just said that the venue and the sexual propriety standards of Walking Street at 3 AM should be taken into consideration when considering his punishment.

And I just informed you that they were, and if the perp doesn't think so, he can take his case to court. Perhaps you can then submit an amicus curiae. Are we all clear on that FINALLY?

13 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm just questioning whether the 200K damage demand was fair.

We got that the first time. When was that, so long ago?

Yeah, life ain't fair; get used to it. I've seen far, far worse . . . .

Edited by BigStar

Who hasn't been groped in walking street?

I had 7,00 baht taken out of my pocket by some 5 year old children at 7am on walking street. Didn't report it though and was lucky enough to get my money back as some girl had seen the pickpockets ( i had no idea they had knicked my money)

• Like 1

Who knows if she does this `on a regular and goes with suitable customers.

then she is not there as a civi but how can a tourist dispute police are judge and jury with a pay day

Two wrong doesn't make it right TIT

might dent a certain market

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

When I am in Pattaya I never go down walking street even in the daytime, most of my walking about is on Beach Road and never after 10pm. I have never approached a working lady, but am approached many times and always pleasant to them. I always only carry about 2000Bt with me in a zipped pocket.

500 baht is more than enough to be entertained by a beach road girl, anything more than that is juts giving your money away for no reason. Perhaps the rest is for a tip, depending on the service?

4 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Addressed earlier here.

Umm to not be groped on walking street is probably even worse than being groped tbh.

I'm not a huge fan of the place however its all part of the game when you head into the sex capital of the world. Walking street in pattaya is pretty unique place, gross and hedonistic but sometimes thats exactly whats needed.

5 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Umm to not be groped on walking street is probably even worse than being groped tbh.

A deflection into "opinion" from a false assertion of fact.

7 minutes ago, ed strong said:

its all part of the game when you head into the sex capital of the world.

No, some things aren't part of the game at all. SHOCK. Sex capital of the world, LOL. So much nonsense.

44 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I take your point but don't concur. I have walked down the street once with my girlfriend and I wouldn't have considered I had the right to inappropriately touch any of the women. It's not a thing. 

Yes, nice guys, especially if they are not drunk don't do that.

But after you walked there with your gf: If she would tell you at 2am that she wants to go alone to that place to feel the vibe, what would you tell her:

Sure, go ahead and enjoy the night?

Or maybe: Forget about that idea. 

Or, if she absolutely wants to see it: Ok, I will go with you to take care of you.

But most likely she would never have such a stupid idea.

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

Nope.

'Farang' is only used, by Thais, to describe whites.

They have been saying it since they saw their first white men who were Francais.

I always remember a funny moment when I was attending a Thai language school back then.. Teacher asks each student in the classroom if they are farang (conversation in Thai):

Teacher (asking a French guy): Are you a farang?

French guy: Yes!

Teacher (asking a Spanish guy): Are you a farang?

Spanish guy: Yes!

Teacher (asking a Burmese girl of Indian origin): Are you a farang?

Burmese girl: Yes!

Teacher: Nooo! you are not!!

????