How to become a criminal in Thailand without being in the country

1 hour ago, mario111 said:

The contact person oft he lawyer was a former police chief

Ferrari JOE! Good "lawyer" has really nice contact's ex cop! You see some girl 3 days and she so bist that plan somenthig bad in your information. But she so stupid and also her IO family members(who not see in IO information that you have not been in LOS at time)that they make "ghost" file ! This story smell like Chanel 5...... No ..... huge bile of BS!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mario111 said:

banana republic

It is.

It's a country run on corruption and venality.

Cross the wrong petty people and you can be killed.

Remember all those backpacker murders?

Which ones you're asking right??

A Ko Samui

B KSR / Natl library

C Chaing Mai

Oh, so many.. unsolved

But it's true for Thais as well not that it makes your situation better.

Just stay out of the Philippines!!!!

Thanks for the laff. +1 for the first post lol

Edited by BonMot
  • Thanks 1

I think this is most likely fiction, but there is a small chance it could be true. We do not know what happened during that three-day period when they were together. There are Thai women, especially those with high social status, who can get very, very upset if they feel they have been hoodwinked into a sexual encounter under false pretences.

The possible explanation for creating a 30-year-old arrest record is that it might be difficult to disprove. Yes, the OP may not have been in Thailand at that time, but I believe Immigration's computer records do not go back that far. The girl may not have known the date of the OP's prior visits to Thailand, and there is too much risk involved in creating a recent record where the signatures on documents are of people who are still alive, and exculpatory evidence too likely to be available.

Thus, yes, I doubt it is true. But, it is conceivable.

• Like 2

I have a friend (woman) who befriended a farang earlier this year. The relationship went great guns for awhile. He already lived in Thailand and he suspected he had a Thai wife. One day when she wasn't home he stole 100,000 Baht of gold jewelry from her home and cut contact.

She was too embarrased to admit she had made such a mistake and didn't want to make a song and dance. But she did have his passport details and made a report to police.

While the police didn't chase it up, they placed the report on his record (including immigration). I doubt immigration will do anything, but it may be a shock to his wife when he next goes to immigration for an extension or something.

5 hours ago, Eddie45 said:

Dude you need to be more street wise.  You said "Ironically, this lady was only a short brief online acquaintance that I saw once for three days at the end of 2019" How did a lady that you met online and spent 3 days with know all your personal data. 

Yes, one should lock the wallet in the hotel safe for short time or long time girls

Ladies, liquor and leverage. The 3 downfalls to a mans life

3 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

One day when she wasn't home he stole 100,000 Baht of gold jewelry from her home and cut contact.

That's what she says, and what she told the police. 

Kind of similar to OP's story,  isn't it? 

Many Thai women know that they can file a police report and claim all kinds of things about their ex. How many do this actually? Do police take them serious? No idea.

After the many comments, I'll write something again, although I really only wanted to share the story.

I can understand why so many people think it's a fake story. When I first heard about this alleged arrest warrant from '94, I couldn't believe it myself. I thought it was a mix up. But I have a photo of the entry from the immigration file in front of me. I have to rely on the lawyer for the translation and of course I will not share it here.

I think BritTim's analysis is pretty close to the truth. The contacts of the lady in question deliberately chose a date of 30 years ago, so that the trail cannot be traced back to them. And of course it's impossible for me to prove that I wasn't in Thailand 30 years ago.

Suppose I would have the entry reviewed by a court. What would happen? Thais would never admit that the judiciary in the promised land of Buddha is so corrupt that an arrest warrant can simply be planted on someone after the fact. Thailand is perfect and when in doubt, it's the foreigner's fault. Besides, I just don't think it's worth bothering with anymore.

Once again it became clear to me that Thailand is unfortunately a banana republic in which you have absolutely no rights. And there are so many beautiful countries (Bali, Spain, ...) where you can live comfortably. It's certainly not perfect there either, and the countries have their own problems, but at least they're not thoroughly corrupt like Thailand.

I don't care if someone believes me or not, that's up to you. In Thailand you can live very comfortably, there are wonderful people there and I begrudge everyone if they are happy here. For me personally it's just like that, after the experiences here I prefer other countries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1