Slapping incident at gas station ends well after motorcyclist apologizes to attendant

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that an incident at a gas station in which a motorcyclist slapped a pump attendant in the head for spilling some drops of gas on his tank has ended well.

It happened at the end of August when a man later revealed as Danaithep, 39, stopped to have Thongkham, 27, put 90 baht's worth of gas in his Fino.

As the fill-up reached the end the customer asked the attendant to stop and then some drops came out of the nozzle.

This angered Danaithep who slapped the attendant. 

The attendant said it was a hard slap and he was shocked. He said he immediately wiped up the spillage and the customer left.

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

He said he'd accept an apology.

The owner of the station Nithichaya, 38, reported the matter to the police after the incident at her PTT facility in Bang Phai, Nonthaburi, just outside of Bangkok.

Yesterday Danathep went to the gas station to apologize and the complaint was withdrawn after a 20 minute discussion.

He said he hadn't meant to hit the guy and promised to pay restitution.

Siam Rath had a picture of a burly man in mask wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with "I am a monster" on the front. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-09-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

2 hours ago, Thomas KH said:

With mathematical certainty, it won't be 200K, despite the slap being far more painful and face-losing than a grope.

I am certain you are correct! This altercation should never have happened like the walking street one and as its between 2 Thais, nobody will get ripped off!

On 9/9/2022 at 9:48 AM, webfact said:

spilling some drops of gas on his tank

Wow, now I know why the lady didn't stop apologizing to me after she spilt some petrol on my bike, she was worried about getting a Slap.

Bloody freaks out there getting violent over a few drops of petrol. 

Geeze, get some water and rinse it off. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

On 9/9/2022 at 1:59 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Seems like ‘inappropriate touching’ to me....   isn’t the going rate for that 200,000 baht now ???

or is that only when it involves foreigners ??

200,000 Baht and still face some charges!

Thank goodness it wasn't a foreigner or presumably a firing squad would be being assembled