Just when you think you’ve seen it all

poppysdad

On our way home from visiting the wife’s family, been raining on and off and some biggish roadside puddles on the way, we go around a bend on a rural road and there are 2 young boys about 9 or 10 years old standing beside one of these puddles and would you believe they were fishing in it complete with proper rods and equipment. It was probably only a few inches deep at the very most and just a couple of strides across. 
There was no lake or other waterway anywhere close by for the possibility of anything coming from that, it was just  a simple roadside puddle.
Anyone else seen anything amusing, stupid or just plainly rediculous ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

I am pretty sure the boys were just playing and were well aware of that there were no fish in the puddle. The question is why you are looking down on the intelligence of Thais for your amusement. That´s ridiculous

They were probably just playing around having fun, like boys do. Here at in our city we have a neighbour in the block that has a mixed Thai/foreign boy. He is around 11-12, and stand throwing his hook and line on the grass outside.

Kids dont plays with fishing rods in puddles

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember there was a very large beehive in my former condo on the balcony of an unoccupied apartment. The size of a double bed.

A couple of the more enterprising security staff decided to smoke the bees out, then recover the honey. One was cutting off football-sized chunks, two others were below catching the honeycomb.

It's a miracle no-one was killed, the beehive was on the nineteenth floor.

• Like 2

Gotfridd, you should’ve seen the look on my THAI WIFE’S face, I think she is still laughing about it now. And NO I am not disrespecting Thai people for my simple amusement, just telling what I see on my travels. Lighten up a bit and enjoy the funny things you see. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There is a rather large pond not far from the house and when it really pours, the wife goes out in the street with a net.  She rarely comes up empty.  Then, when the rain stops, she goes out to the remaining puddles and gets some more.  While I don't eat the fish, she uses it in cooking for her and her relatives.  Free food, they love it.

2 hours ago, poppysdad said:

standing beside one of these puddles and would you believe they were fishing in it complete with proper rods and equipment. It was probably only a few inches deep at the very most and just a couple of strides across. 

It seems you are assuming that because some puddles are not deep, they are all not deep.

Maybe you are right, but maybe you are wrong. In Thailand enough people discovered that some of those little puddles were actually deeper than they expected.

214cd082-ee72-40f1-9d4b-6053663e1a24_114

36 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you are assuming that because some puddles are not deep, they are all not deep.

Maybe you are right, but maybe you are wrong. In Thailand enough people discovered that some of those little puddles were actually deeper than they expected.

214cd082-ee72-40f1-9d4b-6053663e1a24_114

'In Thailand'. Hmm.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/local/car-gets-stuck-in-hole-neighbors-frustrated/289-dc4878dc-fb95-47e9-84ca-2ff9eb95370f

9 hours ago, poppysdad said:

we go around a bend on a rural road and there are 2 young boys about 9 or 10 years old standing beside one of these puddles and would you believe they were fishing in it complete with proper rods and equipment.

And would you believe there is a big chance they caught some fish?

I know a place, pass-through under a bridge between the railway roads in Nongplalai-Banglamung.

Whenever it rains the underpass is flooded.

Trust me, each time they are fishing there...........and catch fish

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Orinoco said:

About 12-13 years ago at my condo.

Two ladies with full Burka's on, got in the swimming pool.

Security got them out pretty quick.

Amazing Thailand.

That's common and apporpriate for their religion. It can't be easy swimming in a burka but thats on them. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, poppysdad said:

we go around a bend on a rural road and there are 2 young boys about 9 or 10 years old standing beside one of these puddles and would you believe they were fishing in it complete with proper rods and equipment.

Just before you came around that bend one boy said to the other, "Here comes another stupid Farang, let's pretend like we're fishing and see what he does."

9 minutes ago, Dan O said:

That's common and apporpriate for their religion. It can't be easy swimming in a burka but thats on them. 

That may be.

But you can't go in our swimming pool with your cloths on, thats the rules.  So they were ask to get out 

And rightly so.

Who wants crusty old knickers and christ knows what else in the pool.

Some times you have to say no.