Pattaya to Samui ferry launched

webfact

38 minutes ago, tgw said:

is there a ferry or a boat from Pattaya to Koh Chang ?

no

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

586 passengers and 15 rooms...that makes 39 passengers per room. Interestingly what kind of rooms they are????

in the main reclining seats will be used by most passengers, a few will choose the pods, others the limited rooms, i also think there will be a non-seating area where seating/laying on the floor will be an option, this is the same ferry that was going to run from Sattahip to Songkhla, but moorings could not be found at the Songkhla end

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

‘The Blue Dolphin’ ferry, operated by the Seahorse Ferry, can accommodate up to 200 private cars and 586 passengers

Seems odd to me. 200 cars could have 580 people in them easy, leaving no room for walk ons - either that or the ferry is about to be overcrowded with an extra 4-500 people

4 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Not going to Songkla, that's a shame, got a few friends down there. 

i was hoping to use that service for a trip south and drive back, the ferry could do with stopping on the mainland before crossing to the island, would make a trip down south better than driving

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sattahip not Pattaya, like a girl telling you she's 40kg but really 60kg

Be interesting to know the transport options for those who do not take a vehicle at both ends. I have  a dislike of being gouged like the USA guys landing at Laem Chabang are. 

I'm confused, the same company and same boat, has so far announced a Sattahip to Songkhla service, a Sattahip to Prachuap Khiri Khan service (Pattaya to Hua Hin), and Pattaya to Samui service. Last time I looked Sattahip is 30-40 ks from Pattaya and actually closer to Rayong.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I'm confused, the same company and same boat, has so far announced a Sattahip to Songkhla service, a Sattahip to Prachuap Khiri Khan service (Pattaya to Hua Hin), and Pattaya to Samui service. Last time I looked Sattahip is 30-40 ks from Pattaya and actually closer to Rayong.

The Sattahip - Songkhla ferry ran for a few months late 2021/early 22 and was subsequently binned due to problems at the Songkhla port.

Let's hope for Captain Steve that this route is more doable.

9 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

The Sattahip - Songkhla ferry ran for a few months late 2021/early 22 and was subsequently binned due to problems at the Songkhla port.

Let's hope for Captain Steve that this route is more doable.

I dont know why a stop at Samui (or HH) wasn't included in that original service, they literally went past both.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I dont know why a stop at Samui (or HH) wasn't included in that original service, they literally went past both.

Samui maybe, but HH is definitely not on the line Sattahip-Songkhla. The owners went for a non-stop service, and it failed.