Chonburi official caught her female secretary allegedly stealing ten million baht

snoop1130

Let the female mayor show how she earned that money and how she paid taxes and exactly when she checked it and exactly how much she counted on these days.

I.e. did she have 20,123,500 THB in her bedroom on the 3-May-2021 and only 18,653,000 THB there on the 4-Feb-2022? Who had access to that room in that time frame?

Proof it! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

What is she, a robber, a secretary or a house slave. Why is a secretary "working in her formal capacity" in the mayor's house anyway and not based in the formal publicly funded mayoral office setting. Another official using the public purse to fund her personal home based fifedom.

You're overlooking the fact that she had a lot of money stolen from her just so you can whinge with speculative theories about her work practices and an assert that she was abused her office.  Bit 'kin rich.

5 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

That "Mayoral secretary" sure looks like a housekeeper in those clothes.  It'd also explain what she's doing at the Mayor's house every day instead of at the office.

Perhaps a maid being being paid for with city funds?

Perhaps she was being paid from the mayor's own funds?

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

She doesn't have to.  It was B10m over years, not "B10m lying around".

B10 million stolen over 5 years...  Thats just under 40,000 baht per week.

There must have been plenty 'lying around' for the public official not to take action far earlier. 

Most people would notice 40,000 Baht stolen each week unless the source from which the money taken was already significant enough for those amounts not to be so easily noticeable. 

Thus: It could be assumed that there was in fact hundreds of thousands of baht present from which the theft of a 10’s of thousands of baht each week or every few days was not easily noticeable. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

There must have been plenty 'lying around' for the public official not to take action far earlier. 

"...for the public official not to take action far earlier".

Evidence.  That's why she had the camera installed, got the evidence and then reported the thefts.  

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You’re being outrageously obtuse....

At least I'm not being outrageously libellous.

Just outrageously moronic with your counter response to every members comments of the obvious... 

... This is a lot of money for a public official to have.

In a country with so much open corruption this raises the eyebrows of the vast majority of those who have read this thread....  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...for the public official not to take action far earlier".

Evidence.  That's why she had the camera installed, got the evidence and then reported the thefts.  

You really are being obtuse.. 

The thefts took place over 5 years.. at which point did she start noticing and installed the cameras ? certainly not for the first 4 years otherwise the issue would have been dealt with earlier... 

Thus, as I wrote: There must have been plenty 'lying around' for the public official not to take action far earlier... (i.e. within the few weeks of this theft). 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There was no suggestion that the money was dodgy, nor that it was "laying around", so it's her business, no one else's.

Never said it was dodgy , so it was all in a safe ?, but in picture you see

maid going through purse , maybe the tax man might be interested , 

How are you managing on here now ,without your favourite SAD emoji,????

regards worgeordie

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Did the Mayor explain how she had 10 million in cash lying around on an annual salary of (i'm guessing) 100k.

Yes. What's the mayors base salary?

My mrs worked as an accounts clerk in Thailand on 216,000baht/annum, (outer Bangkok province), so what would a mayor be drawing a salary of annually, (before bribes and embezzlements), 1.5mill???

Edited by Phil1964
Typo

16 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I'm old and my brain is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad and my maths got bad bad.

let's say she stole 5000.    10 million baht gone.

That's 2000

TWO THOUSAND times she has to steal and not get caught

how would not not know 5000 is missing 2,000 times?

sure, sometimes I don't know if I had 1000 more or less and I don't care.

I'd know if I had 5000 less.  And if this happened 2 or 3 times I'd be way more careful and think a little more

2000 times.......yea, ok

the only way is it needs a little washed and she knows this....and he knows she knows....and whatever.

let's say the obvious....for fun.....there's more to this story we will never know!!!! 

And just lying randomly all over the the bedroom - not in a safe? Sounds like the Mayor is awfully well paid in Chonburi! 

Edited by sambum
Additional text

8 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

The chief of police is asking Madame governor shortening me on my cut I’m sure the governor can explain how she has that much money laying around in her bedroom TIT

She's  not a Governor and I doubt that an official in charge of a sub-district is a 'Mayor'

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There was no suggestion that the money was dodgy, nor that it was "laying around", so it's her business, no one else's.

Sunanta was clearly seen rummaging all over her boss’s bedroom and stealing money every day for over 21 times," 

So "all over her bedroom" isn't the same as "laying around"?

56 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You are, however (as per usual) seeming to make an argument for argument's sake.

I bet your little Johnny is the only one who is not out of step in the Church parade!

10 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Never said it was dodgy , so it was all in a safe ?, but in picture you see

maid going through purse , maybe the tax man might be interested , 

That's all you seem to be suggesting.  What does it matter how it was kept and why would you suggest that the taxman would be interested in the cash if you weren't hinting that it was dodgy.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sambum said:

You are, however (as per usual) seeming to make an argument for argument's sake.

Just your opinion.   Funny how having a differing, rational opinion is construed as "arguing for argument's sake".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

18 minutes ago, sambum said:

Sunanta was clearly seen rummaging all over her boss’s bedroom and stealing money every day for over 21 times," 

So "all over her bedroom" isn't the same as "laying around"?

"So "all over her bedroom" isn't the same as "laying around"?"

No, obviously, it is not.  That quote referenced the maid's action in searching, completely different from saying that the cash was just laying around.