I met a girl last night and for a brief moment she made me feel young again.

bob smith

On 9/17/2022 at 5:10 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I always find it interesting when some farangs think their gf/wife planned to take all their money for a long time. Really?

How many Thai people do you know who even try to think more than one month ahead? How many did you meet who told you about their plans for the next 3 or 5 years? Any?

We all change! And if we are in a different environment then we change faster - and unpredictable.

I.e. a girl comes from the village to work in a bar in Bangkok? What will happen? Lots of possibilities and nothing is sure. Now, maybe a year later a farang tells her he loves her, and he wants to take care of her. Out of the bar, new life with the farang. Maybe they continue to go to the bars, and she sees her (former) friends, or maybe they move somewhere else, and she has not connections to her previous life anymore. Of course she will change, and maybe dramatically. And maybe in the way the farang hopes and maybe exactly the opposite. I think this is best case difficult to predict or even impossible.

I think we shouldn't build our lives on our predictions how wonderful everything will be when it goes according to our fantasy. Likely it will be different. Likely she will be different, maybe a little, maybe a lot. Life is an adventure and often our (long term) predictions are wrong.

Which is why I said the family turned her against me rather than playing the long con.

However, I do believe that some do play the long con, though I doubt it would be as long as a year.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 9:19 AM, FritsSikkink said:

It is a looong time ago i read that, good memories.

Possibly one of Leather's worst books and a very shallow view of Thailand, Thai culture and bar girl cuture.

Christopher G. Moore writes far better books about 'the life'. His Killing Smile trilogy though rough and ready has a great poinagnt insight into the life of a bar girl and his books got better and better. Leather's Book makes you feel you know a lot about Thailand but Moore's books make you realise you know nothing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They can get can get an orgasm by using a hair brush handle or a banana  though , that's not indicative of anything 

I am aware of that, but perhaps you never experienced the real thing to know how fantastic it is. There is waaaaay more to a great sexual experience than just the orgasm.

I lived with a woman in a western country for years and never knew what great sex was till I arrived in LOS.

14 hours ago, bob smith said:

maybe you have been there done that but i havent. the vast majority of girls i have spent time with have all truly enjoyed my company. my text message inbox can attest to that. 'bob, when are you coming to satisfy me again?' 'i miss my lap dog, come here and feed me again bobby' 'its just not the same when you arent here big bob. ' to name a few.. go figure, some guys just have all the game.

LOL. The internet shop near where I lived in Pattaya had loads of BGs sending messages just like that to all their regular customers. Such are just part of the game.

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

I grew up in the Red Light area of Amsterdam.

How do you know the opposite?

Fair enough, but having multiple bonks a day when they presumably just lie there is hardly the same as what a Thai BG does ( in my experience ).

Actually, never having been to Holland ever, I'm not qualified to comment on those women, so apologies for doing so. I'll stick to commenting on Thai BGs in future.

17 hours ago, Dominus said:

Possibly one of Leather's worst books and a very shallow view of Thailand, Thai culture and bar girl cuture.

Christopher G. Moore writes far better books about 'the life'. His Killing Smile trilogy though rough and ready has a great poinagnt insight into the life of a bar girl and his books got better and better. Leather's Book makes you feel you know a lot about Thailand but Moore's books make you realise you know nothing.

I didn't like the style of writing, but IMO and in my experience, he was pretty close to the mark about Thai BGs. Beautiful, lusty and hearts of stone.

On 9/19/2022 at 4:10 AM, bob smith said:

maybe you have been there done that but i havent. the vast majority of girls i have spent time with have all truly enjoyed my company. my text message inbox can attest to that. 'bob, when are you coming to satisfy me again?' 'i miss my lap dog, come here and feed me again bobby' 'its just not the same when you arent here big bob. ' to name a few.. go figure, some guys just have all the game.

got to love newbies!

Edited by ericthai
typing error