In Your Opinion: What's the best place for living in Thailand?

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are welcome to it, but that sort of thing bores me immensely. I can do that in any country with a coast, if I wanted to.

The nightlife is specific to LOS and I never found it anywhere else.

So your a drinker and a carouser who needs a social life...good on ya mate.  Enjoy being propped up in the corner next to the Wurlitzer.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

No wonder I feel at home ????

The way life was meant to be, living in a relaxing semi-noise free environment where one does not need to turn down their hearing aids to enjoy listening to music while watching the sky above......I outgrew going to bars and partying until 2 in the morning in my 20's and miss nothing about the nightlife.  Every now and then we will go listen to live music at a venue, but why sit in a bar day in day out....that to me is a lonely and boring life for a person in there, 50's, 60's or 70's.  Trying to regain ones lost youth as they never enjoyed those things because they could not is how I see it.  For a true tourist, they only have so many weeks in which to cram a years worth of partying and playing into before its back to the grindstone until the next foray.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, proton said:

Near your immigration office and not far from the airport for a quick get away ????

Many a true word said in jest.

I would suggest Bang Saen, big enough, small enough and easy to get about. Sea air, good hospital and easy shopping. Plenty of good restaurants and not that far from Pattaya.

Immigration and airport are fairly handy.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree, many people just don't appreciate what Pattaya has to offer, probably due to them being bar focused

Apart from shops then, the poor beach, broken pavements, horrible traffic and zero town planning with few open spaces and no cultural centrers? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The way life was meant to be, living in a relaxing semi-noise free environment where one does not need to turn down their hearing aids to enjoy listening to music while watching the sky above......I outgrew going to bars and partying until 2 in the morning in my 20's and miss nothing about the nightlife.  Every now and then we will go listen to live music at a venue, but why sit in a bar day in day out....that to me is a lonely and boring life for a person in there, 50's, 60's or 70's.  Trying to regain ones lost youth as they never enjoyed those things because they could not is how I see it.  For a true tourist, they only have so many weeks in which to cram a years worth of partying and playing into before its back to the grindstone until the next foray.....

I am frequenting bars often because I like the beer they sell rather than trying to regain my youth .

What I drink the public view unlike the at home drinkers that nobody can see . Norwegians call them cupboard drinkers .

• Like 1

Travelled not lived but these are best and worst places based on long term trip.

Best

Krabi - there is local and tourist. Airport, boats, food, scenary. 

Bangkok - got everything cept beach.

Farang Mai - no beach but great food, mountains, pretty girls.

Ubon - scenary, airport, women.

Nong Khai - food, near border, airport 45mins. Friendly people. No big shopping centre a drawback. 

PKK town - far nicer than HH. Train, seafood, scenary. Lacks a big shopping centre.

Worst

Pattaya. Horrible place dirty beach.

Hua Hin. Beaches ruined. Expensive.

Udon. Weird vibe. 

Top 3 bkk, cm, krabi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree, many people just don't appreciate what Pattaya has to offer, probably due to them being bar focused

More like from my point of view some people don't like over populated busy places or Cities. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hated what Hua Hin has become, so I'd only recommend it to an enemy. Rubbish night life and a rubbish beach- even Pattaya beach is better than that.

Yes its been ruined. PKK town is nice though.

Hard to beat Krabi for beach area. If bored you got Phuket, Trang nearby. Krabi airport is international - a plus.

4 months each in krabi, bkk and  farang mai would suit me.

Beach, city and mountain.

18 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Yep its the development and chavs not the bars. Bars dont worry me.

Bars are fun once in a while.

Patong Phuket use to be one of my favorite places for a holiday and was so disappointed how it got developed on my last visit. 

The sea water had been spoiled to going from any of the beaches. 

5 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Indian food. English breakfast is the only good Brit food imo

20220910_120642.jpg

Not a good breakfast.

Not a good lunch.

Not a good tea.

Not a good supper.

And not fit for humans.

This is the most disgusting feast I have ever seen.

If this were a movable feast, then I would move it to the bin.

Here is a movable feast:

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Not a good breakfast.

Not a good lunch.

Not a good tea.

Not a good supper.

And not fit for humans.

This is the most disgusting feast I have ever seen.

If this were a movable feast, then I would move it to the bin.

Here is a movable feast:

So you aren't American after all. Great breakfast, very high protein.

Not a good tea, tea is a good tea.

1 hour ago, proton said:

Apart from shops then, the poor beach, broken pavements, horrible traffic and zero town planning with few open spaces and no cultural centrers? 

You have really nice open spaces outside of Pattaya, lakes, jungle, golf, cycling. Sounds as expected you're thinking only about inside Pattaya, but you have to make an effort and get out of the bar

IMG_20211217_065818.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1