Two Kuwaiti men arrested in Bangkok’s Soi Nana for reportedly attacking Thai woman

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Why bring religious bigotry into the conversation, it just shows how narrow-mindedness.

Read about the Crusades, if you are Christian. 

The Crusades were a long long time ago, over 8 centuries,  so not really relevant

Its not religion so much, but the culture in many Arab countries sees women as second class people. Certainly in the counties I have worked , KSA, Dubai and Kuwait women are not treated as equals from my observations.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

The Crusades were a long long time ago, over 8 centuries,  so not really relevant

Its not religion so much, but the culture in many Arab countries sees women as second class people. Certainly in the counties I have worked , KSA, Dubai and Kuwait women are not treated as equals from my observations.

Is only recently that the UK had equality. My Gran couldn't vote when she was in her 20s.

Women's lib was 70s.

Still a glass ceiling in Thailand for women in many industries. 

I agree, it's the culture, but can't expect all cultures to be aligned. 

Shariah Law begs the question, what happens to a  thief whose hand is cut off as a punishment, and he later successfully appeals?

Is a hand sewn back on by the governing authority?

Is it his original hand, perhaps kept on ice pending such an appeal, or a random one, taken from another

thief whose earlier appeal has been turned down?

Does the thief with the newly-restored limb in future point to such "handiwork" pun meaning heavy suturing in this case, and show his friends and family that his appeal was successful - a badge of honour, so-to-speak?

Naturally, the foregoing is all a bit tongue in cheek!

23 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

What a silly thing to do you are the farang or guest,they are eyes everywhere and now you have more trouble that you realise.The police or prison will not be a welcome place for you 

Silly even if you are not a foreigner, don't you think ?

11 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

All due respect to the majority of decent law abiding Arabs and Muslims but, having spent a number of years in Arabic and other Islamic countries (including Kuwait), this comes as absolutely no shock to me whatsoever! 

Couldn’t have said it better myself. 

" It was unclear if the two men had an alcohol breathalyzer test to determine if they were intoxicated at the time of the altercation."

A good Thai lawyer would argue that a positive reading could  have exonerated them.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Is only recently that the UK had equality. My Gran couldn't vote when she was in her 20s.

Women's lib was 70s.

Still a glass ceiling in Thailand for women in many industries. 

I agree, it's the culture, but can't expect all cultures to be aligned. 

Do you think it's ok for most Arab countries to treat women badly in 2022, because it's their culture?

A lot of people are happy to criticise actions of the UK 1-200 years ago, but defend the attitudes and actions of modern day abusers. I find that confusing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Don't judge a book by its cover. How would you like it if someone judged you on your looks?

We can start with this. Just by looking at their way of sitting, the lost expression you can see through the pixelated areas. Then you can directly see it is 2 junkies. After that, I guess they have ripped the cover wide open by attacking a Thai woman as well as stabbing another Thai man. That´s why they look stupid in my book. However, that might be as I can see the message despite the cover. I assume, you can´t.

So, in reality, you did not understand that I did not judge them on their natural looks. Only their actions combined with the looks they have created on themselves.

Edited by Gottfrid

9 hours ago, Anant72 said:
On 9/19/2022 at 3:19 AM, HighPriority said:

According to some, she must have deserved it being out on Soi Nana @ 4am…

????

Are you serious? Nothing justifies such an attack.

@ HighPriority  was more likely referencing a previous topic where a Thai Dance Teacher was groped on Walking street @ 3am.  A few responses appeared to be unsympathetic  to her complaint and also to the eventual resolution of the incident.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1271058-pattaya-dance-teacher-files-report-claiming-foreign-tourist-inappropriately-touched-her-while-out-for-a-stroll-on-walking-street/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1271222-indian-man-agrees-to-pay-200k-baht-to-dance-teacher-over-inappropriate-touch-on-pattaya-walking-street/#comments

I don't think these 2 guys are going to see daylight with a simple fine and an apology. The blood of the stabbing victim puts this on a completely different level. Maybe millions of baht instead of thousands..... Maybe jail time instead of detention for questioning.

Edited by Seth1a2a
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 5:14 AM, Andre0720 said:

Where is the Shariah law when you need it???

In Malaysia.  There are two sets of laws there.  They would get the whippin' stick. If the max is six strokes for a drink, it's probably more for what they did. 

image.jpeg.77295fd227bf7e00349207fb47003d15.jpeg

Lots of girls who work the Nana area won't take on Muslim clients for this reason.  And this is nothing new.

Edited by bendejo

11 hours ago, allanos said:

Shariah Law begs the question, what happens to a  thief whose hand is cut off as a punishment, and he later successfully appeals?

The loss of the hand was god's will, no reason to add complication.

Is there such thing as appeals court in Sharia?

22 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Every post jumping to conclusions as usual. Not guilty until proven in a court of law. I'll wait for the full story before I jump on them.

Exactly. We don't know the full story. Soi 4 at 4am it could easily be that the woman (or ladyboy) instigated the fight, and 4 Thais lurking around decided to join in on the fun. The type of people hanging out there aren't exactly typical good samaritans. Looking at these guys' wounds the alleged victims' claim that they just tried to break up the fight seems unconvincing - these guys were hiding on the rooftop likely because they feared for their lives at that point. As for the stabbing - we don't know that it was a knife - could've been a broken bottle or something else laying around. From the looks of it one of these guys forehead he might've been bottled too. I think if there is CCTV footage it would tell a very different story than the Thai guys' version of how it played out.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2022 at 8:03 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Every post jumping to conclusions as usual. Not guilty until proven in a court of law. I'll wait for the full story before I jump on them.

Is that from the Koran? Certainly not from Kuwaiti constitution.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

She was obv wanting attention. 

Let me explain. There's nothing in the article to say that she was a prostitute (although there's a very high chance that she was). If a very respectable and attractive lady walked down Soi Nana at that time of the night, she would be likely to attract unwanted attention, even if she never was and never will be a prostitute.

Edited by Andrew65