Marrying a 17 year old Thai girl in the village

Adumbration

31 minutes ago, proton said:

50 year old religious leaders have married 6 year olds before ????

Religious leaders have a lot of clout 

This dumba$$ has nothing.

This being said, the girl could be 300 kgs and with one leg.

In that  case, it may happen.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, she was “pure and virgin” until marriage, and whoalso where taken advantage of naivety. He and his brothers seems to have same interest of younger girls, where one made a ordinary girl to a princess, and the other a trafficked victim. 

Many here with the same story, I am absolutely sure of that.....????

32 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Not official, village wedding. 

I think Pukon is village wedding ceremony with blessing of the couple by Buddhist monks from the local temple.  (blessing of the couple and families only. Monks do not perform official legal recognized wedding)

But many villages and people accept that as perfectly okay to begin life together as a couple and start a family.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

I see no probs at all, King Charles III met Diana when she was 16, married at 20.....

So many farangies here looking down their nose, but I reckon they never asked the age of Thai birds they fluffed around wiv....????

Royalty have historically been allowed to have a much greater age difference between the man and the girl than commoners have. 
     It’s normal and okay for them.  They are elites. 
But regular men and women should be older and closer in age.  We are not royalty. 

• Haha 2

Her parents aren't farmers or counting on her and her new husband to take over the family farm when they're too old. If they were, his age would be a much more serious issue. Would be curious to know how far she got in school. Girl sounds more than a little dingy. Story sounds somewhat concocted, not true to village life. Wouldn't be sending money to help finance the wedding.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

What on earth are you talking about?  Plenty of guys here, including myself, married girls a lot younger than us.  And I'm not royalty. 

It's the "Stuffed Shirt" keyboard brigade that are wed to a 30 year younger bird........????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

you are not the only one bro.. just imagining her shape is enough to send me into a fenzy. 

Yeh but can she cook ?

My mum told me that before I marry a woman, she must cook like a chef, be a handy person to do all the repairs around the house and a whore in bed, not to mention be at least 20 years my junior.

Mum was spot on, but I didn't tell her I found mine at a bar ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

The problem is that as a 58 year old he still can't take care of himself. Needs to "borrow" money to buy consent of the girls parents, the sinsot, the wedding party. Then getting a couple of kids which he can't provide for too. Your GF and her sisters need to tell him he won't get any money and find a job or other business. Funny that he does have money to get drunk though.

This is one issue that I frequently discussed already with my GF, long before this lastest news.  I have explained to her that in most countries it is the responsibility of the older brother to protect and take care of his little sisters.  Certainly not the case in Isaan.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Not really.

I live in Sakon Nakhon.  There's very little money in rice or any agriculture.

There's 7/11's,Big C, gas stations.

Teachers make about 15,000 baht. 

I don't want to argue perhaps in your area of Issan there's a factory or something. 

Up here the smarter young folk head to the cities for work.

It's mostly a dead end around Issan. 

What about building? Labor costs have gone up considerably in the last 10 years. Builders can make good money, but it takes planning and discipline. Money made needs to go back into the business.

3 hours ago, NativeBob said:

For those who somehow related to schools a.k.a. "teechas" - you meet thai kids daily personally and you got first hand experience with 'em.
My point is: even 17 years thai girl still has a mind of a child, unable to sort things rationally. Sorry to say that but its just a dumb kid. And not just a kid, but rural dumb kid from remote village. What consent?

Old fart lured her into "You show me yours I'll show you mine" game.
Disgusting!

Yes I had this discussion also with the GF.  She says that the girl wants to be with her brother.  But my reply is that at 17 (and as you rightly pointed out: poorly educated with zero life experiences) she does not have the mental capacity to make an informed decision about consent.  Much of the blame lies on the parents of the girl.  This is not something that has happened in secret.  The girl's home is just up the road from my GF's parents house and it is a tiny and very rural mooban.  Parent's of the girl have requested 10K to keep quiet and give their consent for marriage.  Additional sinsot is also expected but not yet fully negotiated.

• Love It 1