Marrying a 17 year old Thai girl in the village

Adumbration

53 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Don't want to sound nasty but I think I can explain: the young and inexperienced one is almost like a blank sheet of paper - you can teach her whatever you fancy, program to be your ***-doll, convince her that your freakiest perverted fantasies are just normal, everybody do that and so and so on. 

You can't do it with 25+ and obviously that's the main reason.

PS: Meanwhile older women got similar approach to young boys, but that disgusting as well, but often they pay well. 

Chinese 50yos are kinky

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Many older Thai ladies have the body shape of teenagers , not sure why a teenager would get you so aroused .

Middle aged Thai ladies are often more petite than todays teenagers 

why go for hamburgers when you can have japanese wagyu? after my most recent expeirence last week I am never going above 25 again!

Edited by bob smith
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ed strong said:

How gross, everyone saying there is no moral issues, yes it is the north of Thailand, i appreciate that but still, a 17 yr old being married to 58 year old loser with no money to his name is a bit strange.

Out of interest, do you think if the 58 year old had money it would be morally better? 

5 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

We're totally comparable.

I like Issan but I personally miss some falang friends, beaches, food choices.

My wife and I have come to the conclusion that for our kids and ourselves we need to move on to a city.

We're looking into moving to Hua Hin.  We can come back to this place to visit her family (or my wife can).

As I'm writing this our electricity is out once again.  Infrastructure another thing lacking in our area.  It's frustrating. 

Both is good for me, and have choices, but if I had a kid living with me in Thailand, I would also start looking for other options. So you are making the right choice to move to Hua Hin or simular. I have lately started to be more found of Prachuap, but maybe not with a kid if international school is the reason. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Age of consent in Thailand is 15.

So no legal or moral issues.

Maybe said already.

if American citizen, this is a Federal Crime.  She's underage, and you are bound by American laws when in LOS.  Under 18, crime.

Legal issues for sure.   Moral issues, I think so.   IMO.

If not an American, I guess in this instance Thai, then whatever.  

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...would of turned.,,"

You "teach" English?  

Sorry, but 'would of' is now colloquially completely (and sadly) acceptable in place of 'would have' in the UK now (so probably everywhere). You must be a long time away from the old country! 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Both is good for me, and have choices, but if I had a kid living with me in Thailand, I would also start looking for other options. So you are making the right choice to move to Hua Hin or simular. I have lately started to be more found of Prachuap, but maybe not with a kid if international school is the reason. 

Years ago I probably would have been looking for property in Chonburi. (Pattaya or Jomptien).

However I've been staying in in Hua Hin and enjoy the vibe and have some friends there.

I'd like to get into golfing and there's some descent schools.

Lots of restaurants and close to Bangkok.

Enjoy your week! 

• Like 1

Poor girl will see the error of her ways and run away from this drunken sod before long, hopefullly before he knocks her up. Then she will be off to Pattaya to make money doing what she did for free in the village, joining other Isaan girls who made similar mistakes. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Improbabie that:

1) 17 y/o girl would by-pass other younger suitors in favor of 58 y/o man

2) girl would not be under social pressure from extended family, friends in village to break off age-inappropriate relationship.

3) 17 y/o girl would perceive a 58 year old guy catching fish as providing financial security

4) It's also improbable in my opinion that a typical 48 year old village guy would actually want to marry such a young girl. Have sex with her? Sure, of course. But a lot of guys would be leary of the headaches and heartaches such a relationship would likely bring as well.

This is all taking place up north while you're down south, right? So, you're hearing all this through wife and other family members. If he's telling everybody he's going to marry the girl and soliciting money for help paying for the wedding, can you really be sure the wedding's actually going to take place? I wasn't suggesting you concocted the story. I was more suggesting that the marriage might be a ruse to get family members to shell out money for a wedding that might never happen.

There's a woman who was in maybe 6th grade 20 years ago in my village. I happened to have briefly taught her. She was developmentally mentally slow, but functional. She ended up getting pregnant with a guy who lived in the same cluster of houses, and I suspect he was related to her. That's the only instance of a very young girl marrying someone 30 years her senior I've seen in the time I've been living in rural Thailand.

In my opinion, these "keep hope alive" threads about older men marrying teenage brides may fuel relatively harmless lecherous fantasies but they're simply not grounded in reality. As a rule, teenage girls are not marrying 50 year old men in rural Thailand. If you scour the countryside looking for exceptions ,can you find them? Yeah, I suppose, if you make it your life's work. The only explanation I can come up with for this girl's behavior is some type of mental or psychological impairment.

Nice essay.  Well written, gramatically correct, but absolute piffle.  If you don't think it is true just don't post in this thread.

3 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Photo, PLEASE!

Working on this but GF has black banned me posting it to this thread.  She is standing next to me right now.  However I am still pressing for a photo of the kid.  If I get it I will give her an objective out of 10 number and post here.

• Love It 1

I also just discussed with the GF the risk that the girl will take off a soon as she gets the sin sot.  Her brother is well aware of this...and has told the GF that if she does take off it is ok because the sinsot will not be a large sum and he has already had his time in the sun.

2 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

I also just discussed with the GF the risk that the girl will take off a soon as she gets the sin sot.  Her brother is well aware of this...and has told the GF that if she does take off it is ok because the sinsot will not be a large sum and he has already had his time in the sun.

(Apart from the fact that the sin sot money goes the the girls parents , rather than to her)

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

(Apart from the fact that the sin sot money goes the the girls parents , rather than to her)

Not always the case.  My GF has her own land and a good deal of gold because of her sinsot.  When she was a young girl in this same village she had a good deal of suitors also.  Some of whom where also older guys.  But my GF chose to pukan with a tom who was just a year older than her but from a very wealthy local family with large fish farm holdings on the Mekong.  The sinsot comprised of building a large home for my GFs mother and father (which they are still in along with the older brother and his 17 year old) and a <deleted> load of gold for my GF.  This was not demanded by the GFs mother and father but rather was given basically as a bribe by the tom to ensure my GF would chose her.

Years on I met my GF just as she was breaking up from the tom.  Although a woman as she aged a little she just started acting like a regular Thai bloke.  <deleted> all the time, unfaithful (with other women) and would come home drunk and rough my now GF up.

So technically, my GF was a virgin when I met her.  I know it sounds made up. But all entirely true.  I have seen all the photos of my GFs pukan with the tom back in the village.  It was a big affair.  

In the first year or so when my GF was with me the tom would call her and offer things like a new motorbike, latest iphone, and on the last accasion a nissan march to leave me and come back.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Catoni said:

Royalty have historically been allowed to have a much greater age difference between the man and the girl than commoners have. 

"Royalty have historically been allowed to have a much greater age difference..."

Everyone is "allowed" to have any age difference between legal partners, there are no laws about it, it's irrelevant whether they're royalty or not.   

3 hours ago, Speedhump said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...would of turned.,,"

You "teach" English?  

Sorry, but 'would of' is now colloquially completely (and sadly) acceptable in place of 'would have' in the UK now

Only by the semi-literate, no English language teacher would find it acceptable.