Marrying a 17 year old Thai girl in the village

Adumbration

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The OP is about a Thai man.

I'm pretty sure a farang couldn't legally marry a 15 yo Thai girl, but I can't quote the relevant law.

I know, was just a reaction to those members here who constantly repeat 15 years is the legal age, and I remember there is a law which is a bit more detailed when it comes to foreigners as well age gap between the involved also locals if I remember right. Ounder certain age she would need consent from her parents.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Many older Thai ladies have the body shape of teenagers

Oh my Lord.

Shortly after first arriving in the LOS, I was of course guided by the smaller head at the bars. I then soon became tired of all the high, shrill voices, and whining and nagging of those kids.

I then made my way out to Issan, and decided to see what was on offer in the local scene on DateInAsia. I soon found a 35 yr old, so she said, with a cute face. We met up for coffee, then dinner, clicked together well, and things were moving right along. I then of course found the pics were old, and she was now closer to 50. But as they say, like a fine wine...

So then the eventual trip out to the romantic resort. My goodness. Petite, works out, runs marathons, does yoga. I'll let you imagine how it went down.

Go older, highly recommended. Get the body, but with more maturity, less drama, and much more of an "appetite". Cheers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just read a bit of the OP.  Ask your long time GF to pay for her brothers vasectomy before it is too late is my advice.  Sleeping together one year and no pregnancy yet?   That in itself is very odd IMO

The guy has no reason on earth to get married, love does not pay the bills.

18 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Out of interest, do you think if the 58 year old had money it would be morally better? 

I think its awfull which ever way you look at it.

TBH im having some time believing this story, if its true its pretty messed up but it is the north so wouldnt surprise me

An older person taking advantage of a younger person's naïveté, immaturity, or lack of life experience should raise moral issues.

Not everyone over the age of consent has the legal capacity to enter into a marital agreement. For example, someone who is intellectually disabled may not have the legal capacity to enter into a marital agreement.

While the age of consent is 15, from the ages of 15 up until 18th birthday, the parents of the child can file criminal charges in the event that they disapprove of the sexual relationship. In addition, the child can file charges against the other party if they later regret their own action. That is why parents sometimes demand money or go to the police when they discover sexual activity of their child in their late teens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Thailand

I had to chuckle imagining the sin sot negotiation. The guy will no doubt want the 10K hush money payment to be considered part of the sin sot, while the girl's parents will want to insist that the hush money payment is separate and not part of the sin sot. 'mai giaw, mai giaw. khit yang nan yom rap mai dai' (ไม่เกี่ยวๆ คิดอย่างนั้นยอมรับไม่ได้) ????

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

An older person taking advantage of a younger person's naïveté, immaturity, or lack of life experience should raise moral issues.

Not everyone over the age of consent has the legal capacity to enter into a marital agreement. For example, someone who was intellectually disabled may not have the legal capacity to enter into a marital agreement.

While the age of consent is 15, from the ages of 15 up until 18th birthday, the parents of the child can file criminal charges in the event that they disapprove of the sexual relationship. In addition, the child can file charges against the other party if they later regret their own action. That is why parents sometimes demand money or go to the police when they discover sexual activity of their child in their late teens.

I had to chuckle imagining the sin sot negotiation. The guy will no doubt want the 10K hush money payment to be considered part of the sin sot, while the girl's parents will be insisting 'that the hush money payment is separate and not part of the sin sot. 'mai giaw, mai giaw. khit yang nan yom rap mai dai' (ไม่เกี่ยวๆ คิดอย่างนั้นยอมรับไม่ได้) ????

In that case, perhaps the female hormones should start doing their thing in their 20's.

After all, their maker thought it OK from their early teens.....????

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My comment was about written English, you saw that.

I didn't appreciate that. Although in writing, say, a novel it would sometimes be quite appropriate. But anyway English teachers don't teach conversational and colloquial English (TESOL teachers for example) ? You must be able to guide students to be able to not only speak naturally but also to understand what they hear. Anyway, we don't need to do this to death. I'm done. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

In that case, perhaps the female hormones should start doing their thing in their 20's.

After all, their maker thought it OK from their early teens.....????

In my opinion that is really twisted reasoning and shows a very poor understanding of why statutory rape and sex with minors is against the law.

2 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Prince Philip first met Princess (later Queen) Elizabeth when she was 13 years old. Its said he "never thought about any other girl" after that.....

You really need to tell the whole story .

Prince Phillip met  Elizabeth when She was indeed 13 and they were friends and he was a few years older and they didn't begin their relationship for about another five years . 

You are using a normal relationship to try and justify this story of an old man marrying a young woman 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

In my opinion that is really twisted reasoning and shows a very poor understanding of why statutory rape and sex with minors is against the law.

Every living thing on the planet starts doing their thing when nature tells them, I think with me, it was about 14, how about you....?  ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Not everyone over the age of consent has the legal capacity to enter into a marital agreement. For example, someone who is intellectually disabled may not have the legal capacity to enter into a marital agreement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia#Thailand

I had to chuckle imagining the sin sot negotiation. The guy will no doubt want the 10K hush money payment to be considered part of the sin sot, while the girl's parents will want to insist that the hush money payment is separate and not part of the sin sot. 'mai giaw, mai giaw. khit yang nan yom rap mai dai' (ไม่เกี่ยวๆ คิดอย่างนั้นยอมรับไม่ได้) ????

Well virgin Maria gave birth to Jesus in very same age, so some Neanderthals is still keeping the old customs alive even knowing better, but believe they are protected by a law that is not very clear and practiced as it should! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Well virgin Maria gave birth to Jesus in very same age, so some Neanderthals is still keeping the old customs alive even knowing better, but believe they are protected by a law that is not very clear and practiced as it should! 

Yes, that's true, but who impregnated her? A dove! To be precise: it was him watching while he was impregnating her to give birth to him. Quite hard to grasp, so this scene was called Holly something (I forgot), considered as Sacred Paradox and avoided from daily conversation with priest.
figures ...

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Gawd, that old fairy tale.

Fairy tale or not, it is an accepted factum among the more supposedly god-fearing morally people on this planet. Not that I believe they always practice what they preach but with some common sense we all know and can separate wrong and right doing, even some mongers preach something else. 

It comes down to if they had daughters themselves they really cared for or not and have just a tiny little bit common sense and emphasis. 

Edited by Hummin

On 9/21/2022 at 4:27 PM, NativeBob said:

Don't want to sound nasty but I think I can explain: the young and inexperienced one is almost like a blank sheet of paper - you can teach her whatever you fancy, program to be your ***-doll, convince her that your freakiest perverted fantasies are just normal, everybody do that and so and so on. 

You can't do it with 25+ and obviously that's the main reason.

PS: Meanwhile older women got similar approach to young boys, but that disgusting as well, but often they pay well. 

you seem very knowledgeable on this subject. 

• Haha 1

Well for the doubters I am pleased to inform that the Pukan took place this morning.  It was held under a tree on a patch of red dirt on top of a collection of grass mats.  No food just some water in old coke bottles and some lao khao.

The groom is no oil painting.  Very thin and drawn face with short back and sides hair cut and wing nut ears.  The bride is slim, pretty, lovely smile, nice complexion with tan skin (not white or black) but (in the words of my own GF) looks 14 not 17.  She also still has the school kid bobbed hair cut which does not help.  The ceremony was conducted by my GFs mother no monks.  There was about 35 people in attendance including the girls parents of course.

The girl was beaming and smiling the whole time from ear to ear so certainly not under any duress.

In addition to the original 10K paid to the brides parents an additional 10K in sinsot was paid and....get this....a new pair of "genuine" Levi jeans for the brides father.  The jeans were already in the groom's possession as they were sent over to him by another brother working abroad.  The brides father saw these and wanted them absolutely...in fact the jeans would of been the deal breaker.

A plate was passed around during the ceremony and those in attendance each put one or two hundred baht in it as a gift to the newly weds.  My GF intends to transfer 2K to them but has not yet done that.  

So it is done and dusted now...and I have the photos and video clips sitting here on my computer.  

For those of you still looking for "the one" here in Thailand it would seem that purchasing a few fishing nets and a couple of wooden canoes is a clear path to success.

Edited by Adumbration

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've found the song about this ........

Well done sir.  I have just sent a link to the GF and told her to send it to the brother. She is sitting in the other room. She said very old clip 11 or 12 years already and every one already knows it.

Though I must say the old chap in the video looks much better shod than the older brother.  The girl in the clip is also snow white (of course).