No more masks in schools from Saturday.

bob smith

On 9/28/2022 at 11:36 AM, bob smith said:

I can't agree more!!!!!  616 million got COVID (mental stress, sick, worry) and over 6,500,000 people died and didn't have a chance to enjoy a few more sunsets, sunrises, laughter, life.....cut short as people said, "who cares, they are old!! (which is really barbaric).

Having kids wear a mask makes no sense.......why protect any kids.  Why even err on the side of safety???!!!  Why even vax?   Why do anything???!!??!!?!

I've never seen worse behavior in my life, except about absolutely everything else besides this

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

I can't see masks disappearing in Bangkok anytime soon. Anutin praising the populous for continuing mask wearing after discontinuing the mask mandate regulations doesn't help. Personally I think mask wearing should a personal choice now, but it appears that mask wearing (or not) has polarized opinion and created two groups, the mask wearers who decry the actions of the non wearers (mainly falangs) and the non wearers who despise the paranoid people that continue to wear masks (mainly Thais).

I agree .. to go with that is the whole “jab” issue as well.  It’s become so political and polarizing that it’s hard to have a rational, logical and often a civil discussion about either topic before it devolves quickly 

For me personally, I see a bit of truth and befits to both “sides” of you will .. so i might be see as a middle of road person who feels each person should be free to make their own choice and have that choice respected but those who may feel differently…

i’ve got to believe that some middle ground can be found out there somewhere. 

35 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Not for school kids until this announcement.

If you would have included my whole post and not changed the meaning of part of it to suit your agenda you would see the section that says:

"The need will still be there to wear a mask in certain aspects of daily life, Government offices etc."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

you can not make others do what you feel is wrong and in your view a miscarriage of justice.

C'mon, exactly this has been done to us for some 3 years so please stop this nonsense. Finally the stupid mask mandate is over!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, it is what it is said:

thailand finally catching up with much of the rest of the world, they have been behind the curve since the start of covid. finally, hopefully, most countries will be on the same page.

I actually think Thailand did a fairly good job against Covid especially when compared with the world's most <deleted> responses in the USA, Brazil, and China.

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Like 1

To bad majority of schools will brainwash these children to continue wearing masks as nothing has changed as just look around as mask mandates have been lifted for months now and yet majority of Thais continue to wear them and probably will keep them on for the rest of their life's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nightfox said:

To bad majority of schools will brainwash these children to continue wearing masks as nothing has changed as just look around as mask mandates have been lifted for months now and yet majority of Thais continue to wear them and probably will keep them on for the rest of their life's. 

So how does that affect you, it doesn't,  so just move along and accept the fact your views are not there's, and no they are not sheeple.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

and no they are not sheeple.

What are they then, staunch individualists?? 

herd mentality here runs as deep as the Mariana trench! The are sheeple to the max. 

Edited by bob smith
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So how does that affect you, it doesn't,  so just move along and accept the fact your views are not there's, and no they are not sheeple.

Ok buddy their not sheeple lol. Their health minister says jump and most will say how high Anutin. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Not all schools. My son's school closes on the 5th October. He will be wearing a mask on Monday and Tuesday.

Just got a call from the GF's daughter she is out until November 1st starting tomorrow morning...... She just had a 4 day holiday two weeks ago, so do these kids ever really go to school unless they are in an International School setting.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just got a call from the GF's daughter she is out until November 1st starting tomorrow morning...... She just had a 4 day holiday two weeks ago, so do these kids ever really go to school unless they are in an International School setting.

I cannot understand schools. 1st of November is a Tuesday. Why not start on the Monday.

11 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

I cannot understand schools. 1st of November is a Tuesday. Why not start on the Monday.

Maybe they think Halloween is a bad day, of course who celebrates Halloween here, and even if they did what does it matter.

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe they think Halloween is a bad day, of course who celebrates Halloween here, and even if they did what does it matter.

This Thailand not USA. halloween is a waste of time. Halloween is 31 October not now

Edited by ripstanley

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Hardly a "celebration". but many schools don't miss the chance to dress up and have fun. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1, It might be down to the school directors, so there still might be masks in schools.

2, It might be brought back if they do go maskless and the numbers shoot up.

I'm optimistic and hoping for the best, but people should be realistic.

Once we see that school are choosing to go maskless and it isn't having a significantly adverse effect on covid, then we can breathe a sigh of relief.

On 9/28/2022 at 12:28 AM, Iamfalang said:

I can't agree more!!!!!  616 million got COVID (mental stress, sick, worry) and over 6,500,000 people died and didn't have a chance to enjoy a few more sunsets, sunrises, laughter, life.....cut short as people said, "who cares, they are old!! (which is really barbaric).

Having kids wear a mask makes no sense.......why protect any kids.  Why even err on the side of safety???!!!  Why even vax?   Why do anything???!!??!!?!

I've never seen worse behavior in my life, except about absolutely everything else besides this

6.5 mil people died, so what?  Do you know what normal death rate worldwide is?  About 60 mil, so it's a 10% higher than normal. 

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/number-of-deaths-per-year

10 hours ago, ripstanley said:

This Thailand not USA. halloween is a waste of time. Halloween is 31 October not now

???? it was a reply to why school will be restarting on Tuesday the 1st of November instead of Monday the 31st of October......your sarcasm is noted but you do need to learn to read the whooolllleeee poooossssstttttt.