PEA and Solar how low can you go?

2 hours ago, 007 RED said:

we are now paying the full FT cost of 0.9434 THB/unit. 

This going to hurt a lot of low income families ???? 

Is there any further low-usage concession available?

58 minutes ago, Crossy said:

This going to hurt a lot of low income families ???? 

Is there any further low-usage concession available?

I posted this previously and also again today

The only discount AVAILABLE for the near future is the discount of the Service Charge ONLY.  38.22 THB -> 24.62 THB .

That is for AFAIK 15/45A users and up (??) only.

For 5/15A NO discount in service charge (was already 8.19THB) but they also got the increase of 0.9343 Ft Charge.

Why I know? Our House is on 15/45 and the property next door (we own) is on 5/15 ???? (but that house only used 12kWh for the last couples of months (only a light burning 24/7) and thus the Bill is still 0 THB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Our House is on 15/45 and the property next door (we own) is on 5/15 ???? (but that house only used 12kWh for the last couples of months (only a light burning 24/7) and thus the Bill is still 0 THB.

What's the limit on usage for 5/15 meters to get 0 Baht?

It might be cost effective to bang up a couple of panels for the family to get them into the "free zone".

8 minutes ago, MJCM said:

< 50 kWh per month for 3 months straight

I was planning on installing the same setup as us for the BIL, but the main issue is that they WILL FORGET to turn the GTI's OFF on meter reading day, yes I could warn them (no big DEAL) but they WILL then STILL Forget to turn it off so I have to drive over there and turn it off. Too much hassle.

Our automatic no-export switch design is free to use ???? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Our automatic no-export switch design is free to use ???? 

Appreciated, but who has to maintain that or has to show up when it doesn't do what they want it do? Moi ????

Don't forget I am talking about installing them some simple Plugin GTI's (not Sofar Inverters).

Which is even much simpler (Pulling a Plug or flipping a switch)

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Got our bill today ???? 

120kwh => 563.41 Baht ???? 

Only 1 solution. More panels.

BIL his bill 272 Units for 1370 THB, we (SWMBO and myself) are in shock how they managed to do that, with the LONG cold spell etc etc. My guess is that they have bought Heaters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

an 22 - 1,172kWh would cost 5,361 Baht, the same usage in Jan 23 would cost 6,515 Baht!!

That's up by 21%, scary.

A lot of people are really going to hurt!

I normally use 50 units/month, so my bill will go up by 50bht- the discount on the standing charge. But it will reduce my solar payback time by 1-2 years (with the batteries it previously was 7 years).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:08 AM, Crossy said:

I just use the PEA calculator https://eservice.pea.co.th/estimatebill/# to compare what our "real" bill would be for January 22 vs January 23.

Jan 22 - 1,172kWh would cost 5,361 Baht, the same usage in Jan 23 would cost 6,515 Baht!!

That's up by 21%, scary.

A lot of people are really going to hurt!

Maybe it's a glitch but if you go to the calculator now you will see the Ft Rate for Jan 2022 is 1.39 satang, BBbbbbbuuutttt for Jan 2023 it's 0.00 satang. So my guess (again could be a glitch) they removed it to not give a people a too big shock :whistling:

(If you click Dec 2022 then you will get the 0.9343 Ft Rate.)

51 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Maybe it's a glitch but if you go to the calculator now you will see the Ft Rate for Jan 2022 is 1.39 satang, BBbbbbbuuutttt for Jan 2023 it's 0.00 satang. So my guess (again could be a glitch) they removed it to not give a people a too big shock :whistling:

(If you click Dec 2022 then you will get the 0.9343 Ft Rate.)

The bill we got on 19th January had the 0.93 FT rate and the reduced standing charge so it's probably a bug.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

The bill we got on 19th January had the 0.93 FT rate and the reduced standing charge so it's probably a bug.

Yep we also. Both for the 15/45 and 5/15 meter the 0.9343 Ft was added.

That website Calculcator did not even take into consideration the discount for the Ft rate from last year and now also doesn't list the discount on the standing charge.

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

That website Calculcator did not even take into consideration the discount for the Ft rate from last year and now also doesn't list the discount on the standing charge.

It does say it's an "estimate" ???? 

• Haha 1

You guys have me confused! When was the Ft ever a discount? The Ft rates are published on the PEA website and clearly state that they are surcharges incurred by global energy prices, etc.

My Ft surcharge for Jan was an additional Bht989.42, commensurate with the 1059kWh consumed.

Another factor is the PEA billing period which 28 days - not per calendar month, so we actually get 13 bills per year.

Edited by 3STTW

@3STTW

In the dark and distant past the Ft was actually negative (so it really was a discount), but the Ft discount of which we speak was for the last 3 months of 2022 when the Ft was officially increased to 0.98Baht, but there was a discount on that for low users (scaled for those using under 500kWh IIRC).

The discount ended at the end of last year so now everyone pays the full whack.

I'm interested by your note about having a 28-day billing cycle and getting 13 bills per year. Our man comes on roughly the same day each month (the 18th or 19th, except February when he comes on the 16th) we definitely only get 12 bills each year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

I'm interested by your note about having a 28-day billing cycle and getting 13 bills per year. Our man comes on roughly the same day each month (the 18th or 19th, except February when he comes on the 16th) we definitely only get 12 bills each year.

Same here in Najomtien... 1 bill per month, 12 bills per year.

Our meter man usually visits our village on the 18th too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Encid said:

Same here in Najomtien... 1 bill per month, 12 bills per year.

Our meter man usually visits our village on the 18th too.

Same here in Buriram. 1 Bill per month, 12 Bills per year

When the meter man visits depends here on how many days the month has

if month has 31 days then he comes on the 16th

if month has 30 days then he comes on the 15th

I am not sure for Feb but SWMBO says he comes then on the 13th.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

but the Ft discount of which we speak was for the last 3 months of 2022 when the Ft was officially increased to 0.98Baht, but there was a discount on that for low users (scaled for those using under 500kWh IIRC).

This was the discount of the Ft.

fttable.JPG.9572f5c1be8e026cd38032bf4c270184.JPG

This was only for the periods

Sept - Oct 2022

Oct - Nov 2022

Nov - Dec 2022

After that (thus period Dec - Jan 2023) everyone pays the FULL amount of 0,9343 THB per Unit surcharge.

The only discount you NOW get is approx 12 THB which is discount on the standard service charge which is for a 15/45, 30/100 Meter 38.22 THB and for a 5/15 Meter 8.19 THB, the latter doesn't get the discount.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MJCM said:

if month has 31 days then he comes on the 16th

if month has 30 days then he comes on the 15th

I am not sure for Feb but SWMBO says he comes then on the 13th.

I'd never associated his visit day with the month length, must check the dates he came last year.

Sometimes the obvious flies over at 38,000 feet and climbing :whistling:

• Haha 2

Just now, Crossy said:

I'd never associated his visit day with the month length, must check the dates he came last year.

Sometimes the obvious flies over at 38,000 feet and climbing :whistling:

I must know why, because I have turn off the GTI's before hand ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

My guy comes on the 27th, unless it's a Sunday when it's the next day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Well, bu99er me sideways with a toilet brush!

He comes 12 days before the end of the month, why did I never spot that? 

My records don't go back far enough to see if he comes on the 17th of February in a leap year.

And I thought you where the one with the detailed record keeping :whistling:

I (read: SWMBO ???? ) walk daily (in the morning) to the Meter and record the Meter (it's only a distance of 50+ meter)

Some other interesting facts (maybe it only applies to our area)

- The meter reader changes area every 3 months.

- Some come very early in the morning (like 6:15am) others leave it till 11 or even after 12

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1