Temple behaviour

Sparktrader

That's a good question. I'm curious too? I guess I have seen a TT driver follow falangs into the temple entrance, but not right into a temple building.

My Thai is poor (well I think it is) but I never get hassled now (I did when I was just visiting on holidays and in BKK) and probably looked like a bright, shiny, wide eyed mark lol ????

I simply tell then no thanks, I live here and have my car.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Is it disrespectful for a tuk tuk driver to sell his services inside a temple? Happened to me. The pest followed me in. 

Inside the temple itself yes disrespectful... temple grounds no, often used as a market or trading area...

Ice-cream vendors will be at most every funeral in our village.......lottery sellers as well.  

If your Thai isn't very good, use the google translate app.  It's simple to use and keeps a log of your translations (if you choose). 

The vendor can either read the translation or listen to the translation......as you choose.

On 10/12/2022 at 12:56 PM, murraynz said:

Its all about money money money..even more so in the temples,than outside..

Falang thinking.

The question was about respect and it is a different culture here, respect is seen in different ways to the west.

The majority of Thais go to the temple every chance they get, that to me is more respectful than anything done in the west.