Helicopters

Nienke

Hi,

Anyone an idea what those helicopters (mostly military) are about? The whole morning untill now they are coming over. At least over Doi Saket, Sankhampeang and Sansai.

Getting very curious by now.

Nienke

Thai Special Forces training area.

Blimey, what are they training for? Special reason? I live in this area for the last 10 more years and never had it this bad.

Nienke

Lots going over my place by the airport, very low too!!

Are we being invaded?

If so by whom???

High Tee Pee,

Funny thing about aircraft, whether they be fixed or rotary wing, they do get very low near airports. In fact they even land at them sometimes.

Still avoiding the morph? badair.gif

Blink E. Bill

Lots going over my place by the airport, very low too!!

Are we being invaded?

If so by whom???

High Tee Pee,

Funny thing about aircraft, whether they be fixed or rotary wing, they do get very low near airports. In fact they even land at them sometimes.

Still avoiding the morph? badair.gif

Blink E. Bill

:o:D:D

McG

Yeah, saw them (tents and Choppers) on my way back to Fang this evening, some meeting going on, some of my wifes friends are there, and not happy to be sleeping in the tents after the storm we had earlier, still tomorrow they are in the city for two days, and being put up in one of the nicer hotels.

About 20 years ago they had a World Championship team parachuting event out at the military base just south of Mae Rim with teams from all over the world. Perhaps they are hosting another such event.

It great to watch. The teams line up in a tight line going down on their parafoil chutes and the top guy has to swing down and around to become the bottom guy on the ladder, with the next guy then doing the same maneuver, all in rapid succession.

Hmm. About 8 people parachuting down in Mae Rim north of the Mae Rim-Mae Choo road at about 11:45 also.

Thai Special Forces training area.

Thanks, I thought all the military in that area was located south of the Mae Rim- Mae Choo road.