Anyone having issues with 3BB and International connections?

MJCM

Since yesterday (early afternoon) my Internet speed to servers outside of Thailand has dropped significantly.

Speedtest within Thailand gives the speed I pay for, but international speed has dropped a lot.

Even for example Twitter (which I think they also have a backup for their CDN here in Thailand) has become very slow and my Server back in Europe from which I normally download at 30++Mb is down to less then 1.

Called 3BB already and they checked and it seems at their end everything is oke.

I often get severe connection issues with AIS, usually these issues are between Bangkok and Singapore (resulting in most international traffic being extremely slow because Thailand is connected to most countries via Singapore)

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, perconrad said:

For the last couple of month I have not been able to get connections to addresses in Greenland on my 3BB fibre wifi at home, but when I change to DTAC on my mobile or hotspot I can get connections.

That sounds like a DNS issue not connection slow down, maybe you should try to change your DNS servers on your 3BB connection 

Some random tests to arbitrary servers (down/up, Mbit/s, 3BB):

Los Angeles: 173/88

Tokyo: 403/152

London: 187/98

Frankfurt: 202/95

Not too bad. Much better than most private internet in Germany e.g.

With such speeds I would hardly notice a difference in handling.

I can only speculate that flooding/landslides have done damage in certain regions? Fiber cables cut?

Some years ago there was this bridge collapsed in the south and only ToT had it's cable under the bridge.

• Like 1

Twitter feels normal.

I am very certain that they use distributed networks.

A ping to twitter.com is 35 ms. Trace shows it is Singapore.

Speedtest to Singapore:

861/451 !

500 being my limit for upload.

Excellent.

Edited by KhunBENQ

thx @KhunBENQ

Nope those speeds I only get at the moment inland, twitter while loading a picture it goes line by line just like a fax machine ????

My rented server in Europe, which is usually fast I can only  download at 1Mb, streaming is totally impossible (buffering too much)

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Have you already done the "easy fixes" like power cycling router and devices? If that doesn't help it's likely for 3BB.

You don't have any VPN or stuff (security SW etc.)?

Thx for the suggestion, but all those things already done before I even called 3BB or dared to open a topic on here.

i even replaced my router (which I use for Wifi instead of the crappy reception from the 3BB router) and also connected directly to the 3BB router and tested via Nuc (which I use as Media Player) iPad, Iphone, pc and they all get the same slow connection, so it leaves now 3 different causes

1- Router 3Bb FAULTY

2- Cabling from outside to 3BB Router Faulty

3- something in the network of 3BB

I got this just now using my 3BB fiber connection in BKK along with my VPN connection to a server in Los Angeles, which is pretty normal, though a bit slow on the upload side.

Screenshot_16.jpg.4b86c7971f09370564a32cc12aa578e6.jpg

Strange, though, I too had some unusual buffering problems playing regular HD YouTube content earlier this week, which my same internet connection should have had no problem playing just fine.

At the time, I ran a couple speedtests on my connection, and they all came back fine and normal... But YT kept buffering. So it must have been some other kind of problem elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, kokopelli said:

I don't use 3BB but my international internet connection has gotten very slow in the past 2 days.

AIS. Mine sometimes gets quite slow in the evening/night. Last night was terrible. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kokopelli said:

I don't use 3BB but my international internet connection has gotten very slow in the past 2 days.

Just found interesting news.

Near Marseille in France there was another sabotage attack on fiber cables of major providers. Due to the article it could affect traffic to South East Asia and Australia. Some providers have rerouted.

Article is in German.

Will look for English source.

What is missing in the English article and explicitly mentioned elsewhere:

a cable from Marseille going to Singapore has been cut.

And that was always a major route to Europe 

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

The connection is getting worse.

Downloading via Wireguard from my NAS in the OLD house (20kms away) and I am reaching a staggering speed of not even 1 MiB were I am normally downloading at 100MiB+

download.JPG

On 10/20/2022 at 11:59 AM, KannikaP said:

You mean turn off then back on?

Yes, this is what is meant by 'Cycling' however, to be effective the router should be powered off for at least a minute. I normally power off the router for 2 minutes to be on the safe side.

I am led to believe a long router power off forces an ISP reset (equivalent to picking up the phone and asking the ISP to reset your link) but am willing to be corrected ????

Edited by D2Pipes
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2022 at 1:15 PM, MJCM said:

Downloading via Wireguard from my NAS in the OLD house (20kms away) and I am reaching a staggering speed of not even 1 MiB were I am normally downloading at 100MiB+

are you connecting directly (i.e. within Thailand), or through a VPN somewhere outside Thailand?