Makro ! just an advisory.

CharlieH

9 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Go to your local market, see what you buy, have a bit of banter

with stallholders, support small business not corporations..A most

satisfying way to prepare your grub the natural Thai way.

Your local small market buys from Makro as well as the small restaurants.

41 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

and the lesson learnt.........Monte Clair is rubbish. You get what you pay, or don't pay for. 555

Yes, while I would prefer a bottle, my imbibing and budget are taken into consideration. If you are volunteering to subsidize … great.

Could it be Thai people would abuse loose return policies?  My wife can't believe how easy and fast it is to return things here in USA.  

Our home pro type stores have cracked down. Only 90 days for refund otherwise store credit.  But no receipt required, just swipe the credit card used.   Similar with food items.  Wife couldn't believe I would return a bag or oranges or avacados to Costco if they were not good.  

Young Thai man here for 3-4 months job stint bought an electric bike and planned and did return it to Costco.  Thai gal wanted to use my Costco membership to do similar after her bike was stolen.  I did post an ad and a nice lady gave her a real nice 5 miles trek bike.  I put in new tubes, gave her a good lock and cable, and told her to take it into work but a week later it too had the lock cut at a train station.  Really sweet classic bike.  

3 hours ago, steve187 said:

link please

>TOO LATE, shows out of stock<

(can try again tommorow? all sorts shown out of stock)

For the apple juice:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i344664961-s671682489.html

"LazMall", as I understand Lazada itself acting as a merchant.
Be aware that prices fluctuate.

A mate swears that on 11/11 (Nov) price will be good :biggrin:

image.png.26bfd9033c13b6f900e5edd409ad60d2.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

>TOO LATE, shows out of stock<

(can try again tommorow? all sorts shown out of stock)

For the apple juice:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i344664961-s671682489.html

"LazMall", as I understand Lazada itself acting as a merchant.
Be aware that prices fluctuate.

A mate swears that on 11/11 (Nov) price will be good :biggrin:

image.png.26bfd9033c13b6f900e5edd409ad60d2.png

I was shocked at the amount of sugar in that ! Jeez.

125% of recommended daily intake in 250ml

• Like 1

As usual with these stories, my experience was different. I took a rubber gas hose with regulator for return and refund with the receipt, but slightly out of the return period (I had been away from home due to wife's illness). I'd bought the wrong one, my fault. I was refunded in cash there and then. Had to wait 4 or 5 minutes for the girl to check with her superior. I was told in future they would not refund outside the return period and I said OK and thank you very much. Maybe I just have a friendly face.... 

4 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

As usual with these stories, my experience was different. I took a rubber gas hose with regulator for return and refund with the receipt, but slightly out of the return period (I had been away from home due to wife's illness). I'd bought the wrong one, my fault. I was refunded in cash there and then. Had to wait 4 or 5 minutes for the girl to check with her superior. I was told in future they would not refund outside the return period and I said OK and thank you very much. Maybe I just have a friendly face.... 

Bought in Makro or Via MakroClick ?

11 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I was shocked at the amount of sugar in that ! Jeez.

125% of recommended daily intake in 250ml

"

Is there a lot of sugar in apple juice?

All fruit juice — whether it's apple, orange, grape or a fancy blend such as peach-mango-blueberry — is high in sugar. An eight-ounce serving of juice and cola both contain about 30 grams of sugar on average — that's almost eight teaspoons."

I use a third of a glass to mix with soda water.

21 hours ago, Myran said:

"The customer is always right" doesn't mean what you (and many other customers) think it means.

Yep, it means you may just be a cheat. Good that businesses take some precautions against fraud by the "customers" as well. I've seen some incredibly egregious abuses back in the West, where businesses can better afford it. Still, I've never had any problems returning wrong, defective, or poorly chosen (within the typical 7-day time limit) goods. Now I could have had a lifetime membership to Tony's Gym--but I didn't, as I exercise due caution.

I don't get their love of paperwork and red tape.

Even when paying for a latte sometimes i just want to pass them the cash but they have to print invoice or put it in little folder.

Even the tap and go debit cards they insist on swiping it.

The simplest things done backwards.

Oh and the updating "book bank". Why? Totally unnecessary.

Edited by sikishrory