Legal abortions to be available at 110 locations in Thailand from Oct 27th

webfact

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Those parents should have a choice if they'd rather exterminate the baby rather than let it suffer a horrible childhood then I've got no problem with that.  

Why only those two choices?

How about choice 3, handing the baby to a family that wants them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, jesimps said:

I know there are many on here of a left thinking persuasion who'll disagree with me, but I don't care and certainly won't bother to argue the toss, but this news disgusts me. Abortion in my opinion, is the premeditated murder of a child. Humankind seems to be regressing.

I always thought once there is a heart beat the abortion should not continue but in the USA they want it to happen even minutes before birth, how sick is that?

1 minute ago, vandeventer said:

I always thought once there is a heart beat the abortion should not continue but in the USA they want it to happen even minutes before birth, how sick is that?

Do you actually know when the heat starts  beating? 

Who want abortions minutes before birth?  Please provide a link. 

7 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Do you actually know when the heat starts  beating? 

Who want abortions minutes before birth?  Please provide a link. 

Do you? I would think it would be within 6 or 7 weeks. Find the link yourself as it was on one of the news stations maybe the one you follow CNN.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

"in the USA they want it to happen even minutes before birth, how sick is that?"

Not as sick as you sprouting such a lie

Exactly.  Nobody would want a late-term abortion but sometimes it's necessary to protect the health of the mother or for another medical reason.  A shame that the abortion debate in the US is so inflammatory (on both sides).

• Like 2

On 10/24/2022 at 12:15 PM, spidermike007 said:

Why only the 12th week forward? I think it should be the opposite. Legal up to the 12th week. Anyone can decide by then. 

I am sure that many teen pregnancies would go unnoticed or hidden until the 12th week. 

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

Do you? I would think it would be within 6 or 7 weeks. Find the link yourself as it was on one of the news stations maybe the one you follow CNN.

So you base your view on when women should be allowed to get an abortion from knowing nothing about it!  

You do not agree with abortion after the embryo is 18 days old then...as that is when the heartbeat starts.  

Also i failed to find any links to people wanting to legalise abortions up to minutes before the baby is going to be born.  I dont know where you got that info from. 

Edited by jak2002003

I can't even get my vet to terminate an unwanted litter of puppies once a bitch is impregnated.  And I've been their more than once.  But now Thai doctors performing abortions on humans?  Hey, no problem!  :thumbsup:

Well - this is about "sustainability" which is a euphemism for eugenics.
"There are too many useless commoners on the planet and we need to get rid of as many as possible.  And they fart methane which will end all life by 1999.  2005, 2015, 2022, 2027, 2030, 2050.  As long as the Obama's and the Gore's have beach front properties I'm not concerned about "sustainability" and CO2 or methane. 

Now, my vet is a good Buddhist.  She doesn't want to take lives.  I understand and respect that.
However - I wonder where they are finding the non-Buddhist doctors to staff the abortion clinics at the 110 hospitals nationwide?  Or are they BINOs (Buddhists In Name Only)?  You think Christians are against killing fetuses?  A Buddhist doctor who believes in Karma and Buddhist Hell (like my vet) is going to be really reluctant - in fact will refuse - to do the procedures.

I'll have to ask my wife for her take. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

So you base your view on when women should be allowed to get an abortion from knowing nothing about it!  

You do not agree with abortion after the embryo is 18 days old then...as that is when the heartbeat starts.  

Also i failed to find any links to people wanting to legalise abortions up to minutes before the baby is going to be born.  I dont know where you got that info from. 

This is one I am sure there are many more as I heard often

• Like 1

Just now, connda said:

I can't even get my vet to terminate an unwanted litter of puppies once a bitch is impregnated.  And I've been their more than once.  But now Thai doctors performing abortions on humans?  Hey, no problem!  :thumbsup:

"There are too many useless commoners on the planet and we need to get rid of as many as possible.  And they fart methane which will end all life by 1999.  2005, 2015, 2022, 2027, 2030, 2050.  As long as the Obama's and the Gore's have beach front properties I'm not concerned about "sustainability" and CO2 or methane. 

Now, my vet is a good Buddhist.  She doesn't want to take lives.  I understand and respect that.
However - I wonder where they are finding the non-Buddhist doctors to staff the abortion clinics at the 110 hospitals nationwide?  Or are they BINOs (Buddhists In Name Only)?  You think Christians are against killing fetuses?  A Buddhist doctor who believes in Karma and Buddhist Hell (like my vet) is going to be really reluctant - in fact will refuse - to do the procedures.

I just asked. 
Wife: "Oh, lady get pregnant by bad person and no want to keep baby.  Doctor take baby out.  Only one or two month."
Me:  Between 12 to 20 weeks.
Wife:  :sad:
Me: Do you think the doctors doing this are Buddhists?
Wife: No.

Well, we both know these abortion doctors don't believe in karma or Buddhist Hell.  Whatever.

BH.thumb.JPG.4338b29f55ea0f51fdc4827310a177cc.JPG

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

For every 1 abortion done for the health of the mother, there's 999 done for the convenience of the mother.

He was referring to late abortions where its almost always due to a medical reason for the safety of the mother or if the foetus has a severe abnormality that would limit their life or have a significant physical or mental impact.

As for all the others the links to that have already been supplied.

Its also worth noting that about Half of U.S. Abortion Patients Report Using Contraception in the Month They Became Pregnant. Contraceptive methods are highly effective at preventing unintended pregnancies, but no method—and no user—is perfect.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I agree totally, many pregnancies are unforeseen for a multitude of reasons.

The choice of termination should be an option for these times.

Had a few too many beers , didn't use a condom, got a bar girl pregnant , don't want to pay for the kid , kill the foetus and same again the next night 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Had a few too many beers , didn't use a condom, got a bar girl pregnant , don't want to pay for the kid , kill the foetus and same again the next night 

I would be more than happy to raise any baby I helped create.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

This is one I am sure there are many more as I heard often

Well?  He is correct.  I'd the later term pregnancy will kill or seriously harm the mother and / or baby than it is common sense to have no limit on the abortion time in that situation.   Or would you rather the woman dies or the baby born with severe disabilities or health problems? 

Come on.  You took was the guy was saying our of context and twisted it to meet fit your anti abortion agenda. .  He is not saying to abort babies moments before birth for no reason other than the mother does not want it!  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, connda said:

How about being a responsible dog owner and get your female dog fixed so she can't have a third litter of unwanted puppies?  It is also preventing her getting some kinds of cancer.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its also worth noting that about Half of U.S. Abortion Patients Report Using Contraception in the Month They Became Pregnant. Contraceptive methods are highly effective at preventing unintended pregnancies, but no method—and no user—is perfect.

50% failure rate? Wow, That's even  higher than the covid jab. ???? 

Edited by Venom
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Emdog said:

IF you were a true conservative your credo could be "That which governs least governs best". You would believe it is none of the governments business whether a person has an abortion or not, full stop.

Well said.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Baby born at 23 weeks , could have been liquidised aborted  three weeks previously 

Isla - Lauren Ormston - Neonatal cost of living

https://news.sky.com/story/revealed-the-hidden-cost-of-being-born-premature-with-parents-worried-as-the-winter-approaches-12729164

What about all you thousand of sperm that could have been babies?  

your argument is stupid.  

21 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They did not reach the egg and join together and  reproduce and form a foetus 

But they had the potential to......

Btw that baby looks horrific.  I just hope it will be ok and not have serious health problems or disabilities...leading to a sad and painful life. 

I don't get your point.  So what if this baby can live and was not aborted, what has that go to to with other cases?   

Are you a religious person and that is why you don't agree with abortion?   I just don't get why is concerns you? 

Maybe you can volunteer to home all the unwanted babies at your house if you are so concerned they all get a life?  Do you not think that perhaps some are better off not being born, like ones with terminal diseases, crippling disabilities, serious genetic defects, and mental retardation etc? Or you think a woman should keep the baby resulting from being raped? 

How about an unwanted, unplanned pregnancy that was an honest mistake, where there is not family stability or finances to support the resulting child? 

Things are not black and white in life and what right have you got to impose your views on others, when you dont know the situation?  

Edited by jak2002003