Chinese links to nightlife underworld and police collusion being investigated in drugs crackdown

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Police seized ฿1.3 million in cash from two safes while they failed to open four others at a completely unlicensed Chinese-run high-end nightlife complex in Sathorn which had a drug warehouse at the back, where sachets of drugs in different colours sold for between ฿10,000 to ฿25,000 each to over 200 nearly exclusively high-end Chinese customers, after Wednesday morning’s raid, which saw the local police chief transferred.

Police paid off to look the other way.. RTP totally corrupt.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

A senior police officer, the police chief of the Yannawa sub-district of Bangkok, was removed from his duties on Wednesday after a raid on three buildings situated on the Charoen Rat Road in the commercial Sathorn district of the capital, revealed an extraordinary illegal nightclub catering entirely to a well-heeled Chinese clientele where large quantities of expensive and illicit drugs were being consumed by wealthy punters.

Corrupt to the very core...

I wonder which arresting officer will get the Red plate roller?

Roll out more clandestine and illegal overseas Chinese police stations in Thailand! We've seen little evidence of these in neighbouring countries to China... so much for the so-called ant-fraud push then. So spying on their neighbours from these stations (and from take-away outlets, etc) is less of a concern obviously.

Copied text: 

"Sathorn is a major commercial district with skyscrapers, offices, and upscale condos. On main thoroughfare Sathorn Road, vendors with open-air kiosks and pushcarts cater to a lunchtime crowd with pork noodle soup and spring rolls. Longtail boats ply the Chao Praya River, stopping at busy Sathorn Pier, a commuter hub. By night, back roads draw well-heeled revelers to swanky cocktail lounges, jazz bars, and nightclubs."

Google Maps needs updating......and I need to get out more it seems or find a well healed Chinese gf.

30 minutes ago, Accidental Tourist said:

Congrats to the Government...there you got the "High Roller" tourist you been wishing for. 

...........and they don't seem to bother anyone either.......................until you cannot pay the tab.

4 hours ago, humbug said:

Ah the Han-Chinese appologist, Han Chinese assimilate and destroy cultures and merge them over the decades into their own little Han Chinese nationalist kingdom, just have to see the millions of Tibetans, East Turkistans being imprisoned, tortured, married of to creepy single Chinese men to dominate those lands

and here you are promoting the next round of Han Chinese assimilation onto this land thats been going on for 140 years.

Interesting take on the big picture.

7 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Predictable Sino phobia on here, which, don't get me wrong, has a valid time and place. But we're forgetting... The Gambino's, The Krays, etc etc. 

I tell ya what, they certainly know how dirty deeds get done right.

The last thing we need for good sex is catpiss lager and the other violence inducing liver-killer.

Nope, the Chinese know how to throw a brothel party! 

Better living though chemistry!

Wow you dug deep with that analogy. The Krays were on the go 60 years ago and if you asked the non criminals in their Manor they were loved. Not quite the thai mafia who wear uniforms of different colours. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

But aren't all the bad things in Thailand caused by caucasian falang?

The days of caucasian farangs are over. They were subdued thoroughly. They all moved to Europe and USA. Now a new wave of Chinese are replacing them. 

7 hours ago, hidbehindthesofa said:

But is it a Rolls Royce or is it a Chinese copy ?  I once saw a ''Rolls'' pull up at a restaurant where the staff were running around ingratiating themselves to the Chinese lady that emerged.  I realised it was not a Roller when I heard the medallic clunk of the door being closed and the diesel-like rumble of the engine being started ! 

If the Roller has been updated and accessorized with a full blown powerful Karaoke System , then it will be Chinese.

Yes ! There was actually one ordered from China a few Years back that had all this C22p fitted inside.

Loadsa Money - Zero taste.

10 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Predictable Sino phobia on here, which, don't get me wrong, has a valid time and place. But we're forgetting... The Gambino's, The Krays, etc etc. 

I tell ya what, they certainly know how dirty deeds get done right.

The last thing we need for good sex is catpiss lager and the other violence inducing liver-killer.

Nope, the Chinese know how to throw a brothel party! 

Better living though chemistry!

You need to get off them drugs man. #incoherent

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

The "radar" needs calibrating - an operation this size, with this many customers, this much cash, this quantity of drugs held " on site" and even fronted by a white Rolls Royce with red number plates (!) is not exactly low profile!

We often have white Rolls Royces, yellow Bentleys, white RR Cullinans all on red plates and owned by Chinese parked in our soi. There must be hundreds of them in Bangkok.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

a high-level task force led by ‘Big Joke’ has vowed to charge any officers colluding with the operators of the now closed Pattaya One nightclub in the city.

if and big IF that was to happen would like to know about it but I doubt anything would come out of the RTP  corruption starts at the highest level all the way down to the local security guard, it's on their DNA

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

...the police chief of Yannawa Police Station was removed from his post while in Pattaya, a high-level task force led by ‘Big Joke’ has vowed to charge any officers colluding with the operators of the now closed Pattaya One nightclub in the city.

Hmmm...perhaps some brown envelopes were a little light by the time they made it all the way up the chain of command. ????