Police rescue 13-year-old girl from prostitution in Malaysia, arrest five

webfact

image.jpeg

Police from Thailand’s Human Trafficking Prevention and Suppression Division, with cooperation from Malaysian police, have rescued two Thai females, one of them being a 13-year-old girl, and two Indonesian females and have arrested five members of a human trafficking gang involved in delivering women to Malaysia for prostitution.

One of the suspects was apprehended in Chachoengsao Province and the second in Chon Buri.  Three others were arrested after they had fled to Malaysia for temporary refuge.

Pol Lt-Gen Jirabhop Bhuridej, commissioner of the Central Investigation Bureau, said Sunday that police had recently received a complaint from the parents of the young girl, claiming that their daughter had been lured to work in Malaysia and then forced into prostitution.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/police-rescue-13-year-old-girl-from-prostitution-in-malaysia-arrest-five/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-10-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Of course the parents were completely in the dark regarding their 13 year old daughter applying for such a lucrative job and being smuggled into Malaysia, of course they were - BS -   they should be also charged for allowing and encouraging this to happen. 

money  money money..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

That's like saying pedophilia is wrong as the kids should be in school.????

of course pedophilia is wrong,  but i'm not sure i get what your trying to say as your statement is correct as is mine I believe.  Can you elaborate .... 

4 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

The RTP need to investigate the parents bank account to see if there was a sudden large deposit.

If you had bothered to read the article, you'd know that it was the parents who alerted the authorities. 

[Pol Lt-Gen Jirabhop Bhuridej, commissioner of the Central Investigation Bureau, said today (Sunday) that police had recently received a complaint from the parents of the young girl, claiming that their daughter had been lured to work in Malaysia and then forced into prostitution.]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

If you had bothered to read the article, you'd know that it was the parents who alerted the authorities. 

[Pol Lt-Gen Jirabhop Bhuridej, commissioner of the Central Investigation Bureau, said today (Sunday) that police had recently received a complaint from the parents of the young girl, claiming that their daughter had been lured to work in Malaysia and then forced into prostitution.]

Yeah, probably because they weren't getting the weekly bank transfer.......

• Like 2

On 10/31/2022 at 6:58 AM, Artisi said:

Of course the parents were completely in the dark regarding their 13 year old daughter applying for such a lucrative job and being smuggled into Malaysia, of course they were - BS -   they should be also charged for allowing and encouraging this to happen. 

A precocious 13 year old with a phone is quite capable of arranging this sort of thing.

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

A precocious 13 year old with a phone is quite capable of arranging this sort of thing.

Maybe, but more likely arranged by the parents, as is not unknown in the land of smiles, scams, prostituting your daughter all for a few extra Baht each week. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Maybe, but more likely arranged by the parents, as is not unknown in the land of smiles, scams, prostituting your daughter all for a few extra Baht each week. 

Yep.

I believe the name for it is “sin sod.”

On 10/31/2022 at 1:36 AM, GinBoy2 said:

This is unfortunately so much more common than most folks think.

I work for an airline and last year I checked in 2 young girls and 2 older guys. They claimed the girls were sisters, yet the stated DOB's were 9 months apart. 

Now a little known fact is that a minor, in the US at least doesn't need any ID to check in for a flight.

The tickets had been paid for in cash, and weirdly the two guys, who claimed to be Dad and Uncle, and who looked ethnically very different to the girls requested seats two rows behind the girls.

I checked them in, as I'm supposed to, then I contacted United Airlines Security to report my suspicions. 

They were met in Denver by law enforcement, and sure enough the girls were being trafficked.

What amazed me was how little effort the traffickers had made to hide it, almost like they'd done it many times before and they just assumed they would get away with it.

We all watch the TV crime shows with girls in shipping containers, but I think more of it just happens in plain sight.

Hideous business, yet I fear more common than any of us want to believe

Good on you for reporting the sleaze bags. They do not deserve the oxygen they consume. There are alot of heinous ways people profit. This is as low as it gets. 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Good on you for reporting the sleaze bags. They do not deserve the oxygen they consume. There are alot of heinous ways people profit. This is as low as it gets. 

The thing that really struck me was; I work at a sleepy little outstation, not a hub like LAX or LGA, yet it happens here!

After my experience I can only speculate how many victims get trafficked through the hubs. But then again I've thought, maybe they prefer sleepy little outstation airports like mine to ply their heinous trade out of the mainstream so to speak

On 10/31/2022 at 3:09 PM, steven100 said:

of course pedophilia is wrong,  but i'm not sure i get what your trying to say

Yes, we are on the same page. I'd made a flippant comment because I thought just saying the kid is too young and should be in school is not the only thing wrong with this scenario. Every adult involved inc the parents and traffickers should be prosecuted and the child placed in care would be my take.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Yes, we are on the same page. I'd made a flippant comment because I thought just saying the kid is too young and should be in school is not the only thing wrong with this scenario. Every adult involved inc the parents and traffickers should be prosecuted and the child placed in care would be my take.

initially it all comes back to the parents,   how the kid was bought up,  was the kid disciplined enough and correctly,  did the kid do his/her homework every night,  it's all these things that carve and ingrain the kid to grow up as a mature responsible adult,  sadly in Thailand parents are irresponsible and uneducated.