Southeast Asia’s largest Indian restaurant opens in Pattaya

snoop1130

30 minutes ago, champers said:

Must be expecting a lot of Indian coach parties, 20 at a time with the size of the place.

Well there are substantial numbers walking around town of late, but a lot I see seem to be involved in opening their own somewhat smaller eating establishments. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Mr. Robin Virdi and Mr. Mihar Amit Desai founded MumbaiSe to serve customers of all nationalities who visit Pattaya for vacation and want to experience authentic Indian cuisines.

Is the Thai gifting the Indian Chicken delight or the Indian gifting the Thai  chutney?

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Never found one to equal my take-away in Burnley both on taste/quality/price.  Why is Indian food so much more expensive than that in UK?

So people continue to eat cheap Thai food and not switch to the competition around.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well there are substantial numbers walking around town of late, but a lot I see seem to be involved in opening their own somewhat smaller eating establishments. 

A place called Annapurna on Soi 4 Pattaya Nua often had 6 coaches outside. It was an Indian buffet restaurant and it has closed recently.

Star Dice used to be a Thai discotheque doubling up as a venue for Issan singing acts pre-Covid. Maybe it will be used similarly by the Indians. Big traffic jams will ensue on Naklua Rd if this place takes off.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The World's most well known and best loved Indian dish, Chicken Tikka Masala was invented in Glasgow.

By bangladeshi community? I think they have a similar dish called chicken butter. I don't like chicken masala. Except chicken tandoori, I don't like any Indian chicken recipes. And Indian chicken curries are no no for me. Recently discovered a Bangladeshi restaurant in Sukhumvit soi 11, Bangkok. Tried a few Bangladeshi dishes with a friend (an Indian American) and I liked them. Specially the fish curry and mutton curry. He said it reminded him of his mother's cooking. 

Pattaya has too many Indian restaurants. 

Edited by Onerak

1 hour ago, Onerak said:

By bangladeshi community? I think they have a similar dish called chicken butter. I don't like chicken masala. Except chicken tandoori, I don't like any Indian chicken recipes. And Indian chicken curries are no no for me. Recently discovered a Bangladeshi restaurant in Sukhumvit soi 11, Bangkok. Tried a few Bangladeshi dishes with a friend (an Indian American) and I liked them. Specially the fish curry and mutton curry. He said it reminded him of his mother's cooking. 

Pattaya has too many Indian restaurants. 

I did read somewhere that many, if not most, Indian restaurants in the UK are run by Bangladeshis. I don't recall if any explanation for that was given.

And while homegrown (UK) chicken tikka masala  may be the most popular Indian dish in the UK, I doubt that would be true in India.

I really wish that Indian restaurants were less expensive here, as I'm not a fan of most Thai food. I know that Thai food is very popular in the West, as is Indian food, but I prefer Indian.

Unfortunately, The Indian restaurants in Pattaya are too expensive, relatively speaking.

Edited by bobbin
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 11:07 AM, champers said:

A place called Annapurna on Soi 4 Pattaya Nua often had 6 coaches outside. It was an Indian buffet restaurant and it has closed recently.

Star Dice used to be a Thai discotheque doubling up as a venue for Issan singing acts pre-Covid. Maybe it will be used similarly by the Indians. Big traffic jams will ensue on Naklua Rd if this place takes off.

Used to love the comedy shows at star dice.

That's where I learnt the expression EeeDocTong. They always used it and everybody laughed. Wouldn't use that expression myself though.

• Like 1