Northern Thai monk accused of sexual molestation of novice - it's been going on for years

webfact

image.jpeg

Naew Na Thai Caption: Nan monk accused of sexual molestation of novice for 2 years

Naew Na reported on the case of a monk and teacher from a well known temple in Nan, northern Thailand. 

It is alleged that the monk abused a novice monk for two years. Other children may also be involved.

The mother of the novice was perturbed by some strange posts of her son.

When she got to the truth of what was happening to him she went to the police to prosecute the monk to the full extent of the law. 

She was shocked by what had happened.

The novice said that since he was ordained he was invited to stay in the monk's quarters but he initially refused.

But later the monk started caressing his cheeks and kissing him.

This then got worse as the boy studied secondary school work with the monk, a teacher.

He was repeatedly subjected to anal intercourse and oral stimulation to climax. 

Other novices were also molested. 

Rape tests are underway, said a member of the Muang Nan police.

An arrest warrant has been issued. 

The monk got wise and has fled.

He was also a religious studies teacher at a Nan school, said Naew Na. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-11-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

5 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Good to know.  tip of the iceberg, as in other religions.  Thai media may put other temples on alert, more reports from novices and families may help open Pandora's box. 

Protected behind the saffron color there are too many vagrants, paedos and criminals. Everybody knows.

This pandora's box has been open for many decades. All well known, most novices know well in advance that molestation and anal intercourse is very possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, scorecard said:

This pandora's box has been open for many decades. All well known, most novices know well in advance that molestation and anal intercourse is very possible.

Nonsense.  The abuse of power over actresses was also known for decades, until social networks managed to unmask powerful producers... (#metoo.) sending to jail many of them. On the other hand, innocent children believing that they will be morally instructed who are sent to the Temple as novices, lack information and risks like the ones you describe.

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I suspect theres a lot of it going on, just like the Catholic church ,

same cover ups also.

regards worgeordie

I agree... I saw some unwanted groping going on between ordained monks and novices when I was a monk and let the offenders know I would not go along with this behavior.  I'm sure it is wide spread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1