Unfair criticism of Thailand’s immigration is unacceptable although other functions at airports could be improved upon

webfact

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It is just and fair and Thailand has had issues at immigration in the airports for many years. It is time to take responsibility for criticism and not behave like a child "throwing their rattle out of a pram".

Accept the criticism, learn from it and the country and system will benefit.

But that is there Buddah givin right

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I wasnt there.

Yet you insist that Thailand is doing Ok when it comes to arriving tourists/travelers entering the country through Immigration, which is in direct contrast to the OP, if you want to retract your post which is not correct as far as how Thailand was doing at the time of the OP or alter your statement that would be a start to supplying truthful information and not misinformation.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet you insist that Thailand is doing Ok when it comes to arriving tourists/travelers entering the country through Immigration, which is in direct contrast to the OP, if you want to retract your post which is not correct as far as how Thailand was doing at the time of the OP or alter your statement that would be a start to supplying truthful information and not misinformation.

Phuket and CM both good. Not been to BKK yet. Find out soon.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

would be a start to supplying truthful information and not misinformation.

Total nonsense. I post facts on my experiences.  No issues in other airports.

Is Don Muang bad or only Swampy?

People dont have to onlt use Swampy? I prefer DM.

8 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Total nonsense. I post facts on my experiences.  No issues in other airports.

Is Don Muang bad or only Swampy?

People dont have to onlt use Swampy? I prefer DM.

What's the OP about.....stay on topic and stop with your deflection.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there ever a valid excuse to not have nearly all counters open during the hours when many flights are expected? Is this really too much to ask? Same applies to outgoing flight. Ran into a 45 minute wait on my way out recently. Totally unjustified. Bad performance. Surely, like nearly all govt. departments, immigration is over staffed too. 

Edited by spidermike007

4 hours ago, blackshadow said:

singapore is a great place to visit.....and one whizzes thru immigration in no time!!!!

Sometimes.  45 minutes to get through immigration the last time I was there (recently).

All airports have their ups and downs and hiccups.  It is what it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

The writer seems to only have visited overly dysfunctional over crowded airports.

There are many, many efficient ones. He points the finger everywhere but where

it should be pointed. AOT KNOWS how many arrivals are coming and should alert

immigration accordingly.  Now, about that Red Bull heir......!

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Pictures of how crowded the Suvarnabhumi airport’s immigration counters were when nearly 80 flights landed on Sunday circulated like wildfire to a point where the Airports of Thailand Plc (AOT) came out to accept that these were real pictures and not fake news.

It's okay for AOT to schedule these flights to all land within a short time frame so at the same time it's okay to criticise the lack of planning in the arrival hall.

Went back to UK this Summer.  Both Outbound & Inbound flights at BKK were a doddle; no waiting at Immigration (I played the age card.) What a different story at Manchester - a sh1thole of the 1st order. The staff were rude and belligerent; their check-in procedures were tedious; it cost ONE UKP per MINUTE to drop-off a passenger (you are charged for 5!)  I'm 80, my brother 77 saying goodbye (at our age for possibly the last time!) was rushed.  Security check-in took over an hour of queues; I was treated like a terrorist because they found a packet of mints in my shirt pocket. 

Give me Bangkok any day.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Oz is a police state. Thailand is a breeze. I had salt in my bag. They asked what it was, I said salt. They said ok. Takes 3 secs to do fingerprints. 

So how do you explain the Swampy queues? Cant see how a reference to Oz is appropriate or are you just just taking the opportunity to complain about an inspection procedure.  

my treatment after landing in Phuket last year by Thai Immigration was unbelievable

i admit i did have a full folder of documents re Co-vid, but immigration not knowing

what a non-imm-O visa looks like was shocking to say the least,

but weeks later being told i had to fly back to Phuket so they could correct their mistakes

was like being in an episode of ''Faulty Towers'' {even ''Manuel'' would of been ashamed}

but they even bettered that show by trying to fine me for their error.

The Agent i rented from had to put them straight, and admitted she was ashamed by

their antics....i know my fault as after this i check and double check, and then just one more

time.... to them it does not matter as the Farang has to pay ... 

On 11/3/2022 at 7:57 AM, soi3eddie said:

There's an easy way for immigration officials to avoid criticism and that's simply to open all counters (in and out) and get the staff to process passengers quickly. Is it really beyond their ability? They know the flight schedules and when it's likely to be busy <deleted>! 

I've waited far longer at Paris airport on arrival than I've ever done in Thailand..