Biden suggests voting for Republicans is a threat to democracy

onthedarkside

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Conservative group finds ‘absolutely no evidence of widespread fraud’ in 2020 election

Eight prominent conservatives released a 72-page report Thursday refuting claims of election fraud in the 2020 presidential election in dozens of unsuccessful court cases brought forth by former President Trump and his allies.

The group — which includes former federal judges, Republican senators and Republican-appointed officials — said they reviewed all 64 court cases Trump and his allies initiated challenging the election outcome, saying they had reached an “unequivocal” conclusion that the claims were unsupported by evidence.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3559758-conservative-group-finds-absolutely-no-evidence-of-widespread-fraud-in-2020-election/

Sooooo, 8 people claim to know everything about the election- yeah right!

Given some conservatives and GOP politicians apparently hate Trump as much as any anti Trumper, I'd be interested in knowing their political bias.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, 8 people claim to know everything about the election- yeah right!

Given some conservatives and GOP politicians apparently hate Trump as much as any anti Trumper, I'd be interested in knowing their political bias.

It’s not just any 8 people is it?

And their report follows the finding of the then USAG, Trump’s hand picked man for the job, Bill Barr.

• Like 2

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

No 64 court cases says they were not rigged. Read the article

The evidence they were given wasn't sufficient to convince the judge(s) that the case was proven. That doesn't mean that they were not rigged. Could be just second rate lawyers.

Either way it's too late to change POTUS now, but I'd really like to know if it was rigged or not, which could only be decided by a proper bipartisan committee empowered to look at EVERYTHING.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I was responding to your claim that my quote was out of context. It was not and very relevant to the crowd frenzy in Capitol Hill

As I understand it, you are saying that the protestors became a mob threatening politicians because of the crowd dynamics. I'll agree to that as it makes a mockery of the claim that the invasion was "planned".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The evidence they were given wasn't sufficient to convince the judge(s) that the case was proven. That doesn't mean that they were not rigged. Could be just second rate lawyers.

Either way it's too late to change POTUS now, but I'd really like to know if it was rigged or not, which could only be decided by a proper bipartisan committee empowered to look at EVERYTHING.

It wasn’t rigged.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Exactly. Democrats are the biggest liars and hypocrites. 4 years of lies about Russia. They rioted after Trump won. Then claim the other side are anti democracy - what a joke.

The sooner the Democrats get the boot the better.

The Democrats deserve to lose for 20 years in a row.

Why limit it to a mere 20 years?

A thousand years has a pleasing (historical) ring to it!

Hyperbole apart, some alarming parallels are emerging, particularly in the area of voter intimidation - armed " observers" of ballot drop off boxes, and the pressures on election officials for example.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As I understand it, you are saying that the protestors became a mob threatening politicians because of the crowd dynamics. I'll agree to that as it makes a mockery of the claim that the invasion was "planned".

Over 10,000 people turned up. It was planned. Try reading the links I supplied rather than making false asumptions

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not heard that excuse from anyone. Second rate lawyers......lol

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Not heard that excuse from anyone. Second rate lawyers......lol

I'm pretty sure some posters have been crowing about Trump's apparent inability to get good lawyers for his court cases.

I wasn't suggesting that that was the only reason for the cases to fail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Over 10,000 people turned up. It was planned. Try reading the links I supplied rather than making false asumptions

The demonstration was indeed planned, but I doubt breaking into the Capitol was on the planner's agenda.

I assume no more than you, unless I specifically say so.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Why limit it to a mere 20 years?

A thousand years has a pleasing (historical) ring to it!

Hyperbole apart, some alarming parallels are emerging, particularly in the area of voter intimidation - armed " observers" of ballot drop off boxes, and the pressures on election officials for example.

IMO hasn't been a decent US federal government since Kennedy, and both sides rotten, but that's pretty universal IMO.

I'd like the whole lot of them restricted to 2 terms, Presidents and PMs to one and every spin doctor and lobbyist banned.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The demonstration was indeed planned, but I doubt breaking into the Capitol was on the planner's agenda.

I assume no more than you, unless I specifically say so.

I am not assuming I am reading the links provided and witness statements from those charged. 

14 hours ago, nauseus said:

Well that kind of thinking isn't a very uniting outlook. There's no doubt there are many who still doubt the '20 results but in a true democracy, they should be allowed to do so. 

doubting with not  a shred of proof is part of the big lie....if you have proof that the election was rigged please do share it with the world...it's been almost two years and we are still waiting to see any proof of any significant election fraud....laughable that people who refuse to accept the results of an election think that is democracy...last time i checked democracy requires that you accept the results of elections and concede that after multiple court cases and investigations turn up zip you man up and admit your side lost rather than whining for two years and trying to install your choice not through the ballot box and courts but in a violent coup attempt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

It is about mid terms not protests. Mid terms are about the economy.

So yes it is about inflation as a major economic factor.

This OP: Biden suggests voting for Republicans is a threat to democracy

This OP maybe more appropriate for your off topic posts

https://aseannow.com/topic/1276399-us-midterm-elections-whats-happened-to-economy-under-biden

Edited by Bkk Brian

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

not sure what videos you watched but there were more than a few hundred rioting along with unknown numbers of associates trying to provide fake electors and attempting to get states to say there was voter fraud in spite of NO EVIDENCE and doing everything they could think of to overturn the election....

i would call that a coup attempt....oh and don't forget to hang mike pence if he refuses to go along with the attempt...,,

we have a court system that is empowered to review claimed election fraud and in a democracy the losing side would accept the rulings and not agitate rioters/thugs and fake electors to circumvent the courts and the ballot box which is exactly what happened .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pomchop said:

not sure what videos you watched but there were more than a few hundred rioting along with unknown numbers of associates trying to provide fake electors and attempting to get states to say there was voter fraud in spite of NO EVIDENCE and doing everything they could think of to overturn the election.... i would call that a coup attempt....oh and don't forget to hang mike pence if he refuses to go along with the attempt...,,we have a court system that is empowered to review claimed election fraud and in a democracy the losing side would accept the rulings and not agitate rioters/thugs and fake electors to circumvent the courts and the ballot box which is exactly what happened .

I watched the entire thing on tv, live. It was mainly a bunch of people wandering around without even trying to disguise themselves.  If it was a coup it had to be the worst coup attempt in history. I'm sure real coup makers laugh hysterically every time the western media describes it as a "coup" attempt.

To carry out a coup one needs a means to force the country to submit and quash opposition- did you see tanks in your streets, armed soldiers erecting barricades? Don't think so.

A coup is more than sitting someone in the big chair.

Edited by onthedarkside
misinfo comments removed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

May not? Using fear tactics. Last resort of the desperate. Like the world was going to end by 2010 according to Gore. Sad sad tactics.

No. Pointing out what those candidates intend to do if elected. Overturn elections as was attempted before. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Blimey that's rather ignorant of you to not recognize the intention of the few thousand people summoned by Trump to seize and violently remove the government so that he can remain in power. That's how every coups succeed. Seized the government and delegitimize the legal process for usurper. He will then will have the command of all the military and law enforcement agencies. 

• Like 1