Emergency Room admissions for cannabis up 566% as parties call for it to again be criminalised

webfact

Good Morning,

Absolutely hilarious  ???? !! They never make any stink about alcohol like this 555555 That kills more then weed.ever has.

of fyi whoever wrote this article is definitely challenged in mathematics and precentages , How F—K !! Do you get 566% from 100% !!!????? 55555 ???? 

Edited by Robert Tyrrell
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Good Morning,

Absolutely hilarious  ???? !! They never make any stink about alcohol like this 555555 That kills more then weed.ever has.

of fyi whoever wrote this article is definitely challenged in mathematics and precentages , How F—K !! Do you get 566% from 100% !!!????? 55555 ???? 

maybe you should visit the emergency room with that comment. are you sure you are feeling alright ? 

I suspect people are eating weed or drinking it which is causing more sever side effects.  Side effects being paranoia and anxiety. People should avoid eating weed products.

There should be some sort of educational program provided to the public.

Overall i think it is good for many people to chill out who are otherwise rather tense.

Edited by Don Chance
  • Like 1

the hospitalizations are probably related to the edibles.  if you don't know how much is in the edible, it can be a problem.  and others probably don't know how much is too much and eat too much.  they learn the lesson the hard way.  some people don't handle the edibles very well, regardless of their strength.  as a member pointed out, it can trigger anxiety/panic attacks.  not a fun side effect. 

Given that this is a Thai politician, the figure of 566% will most likely have been made up on the spot.

Even if it were a true figure, it would mean absolutely nothing.

Before the decriminalisation, paranoid smokers would not go to a hospital knowing that they would be arrested and end up serving a stretch in prison.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

How F—K !! Do you get 566% from 100% !!!????? 55555 ????

There are 5.6 times as many cannabis related admissions so far this year relative to last. An example of numbers could be 100 last year, 566 this, or 50 last year and 283 this, so far. That is as low as I can go as 283 is a prime number. Since Thailand has eased restrictions this year this is not really surprising, but a little concerning as to why we have so many admissions. (If stats to be trusted). 

What causes you this lack of mathematical dexterity? 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Artisi said:

"I'm calling BS on this one" you're probably 100% on this - but boy isn't it getting some clicks and attention, the very reason the media and their off-shoots post the nonsense. 

Artisi you need to take a walk in NANA Patpong or walking street.  People are on the sidewalk selling to anyone they can and they do not check ID.

I have no problem with legitimate boxed stores that can be regulated and checked for confirmation it is the pop-up stores in the back of trucks or on the street that have no regulations that are the issue.

The idea of making something legal and then thinking about promoting rules about it was and still is the stupidest thing.

Somchai goes to NANA and wants to buy a few grams of weed.  Then goes to school or outside the school area and sells to other students.

This forum promotes it with advertising online access to purchases.  If an 8-year-old can get dad's credit card to add to their game minutes or whatever do you think a teen or younger could not use it for weed purchases onlline 

Edited by kingstonkid

I have seen it sold as cheap as 3 baht/gram with a claimed 21% THC content.

Certainly prices are falling because of oversupply, it had to happen when any Thai can grow a few plants at home.

I used to be a magistrate and whilst my experience is anecdotal, recreational cannabis use was a huge problem.  Pot heads are likely to say "but look at alcohol..." that's just obfuscation, we are talking about cannabis not alcohol.  If you really want to know about recreational cannabis use then you have to take your evidence from peer reviewed scientific articles. Start googling with the word cannabis followed by BMJ, or Lancet, or other sensible sources of peer reviewed studies.  Without exception they come to only one conclusion.

What did they expect otherwise?? There was no proper education for use, no control of who which how where to grow, use, sell.. Look at the Netherlands.. They could have asked them how they do it before making a law and let everyone do what they want. No wonder there are problems , but this is common in Thailand. First do , than think

51 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Artisi you need to take a walk in NANA Patpong or walking street.  People are on the sidewalk selling to anyone they can and they do not check ID.

I have no problem with legitimate boxed stores that can be regulated and checked for confirmation it is the pop-up stores in the back of trucks or on the street that have no regulations that are the issue.

The idea of making something legal and then thinking about promoting rules about it was and still is the stupidest thing.

Somchai goes to NANA and wants to buy a few grams of weed.  Then goes to school or outside the school area and sells to other students.

This forum promotes it with advertising online access to purchases.  If an 8-year-old can get dad's credit card to add to their game minutes or whatever do you think a teen or younger could not use it for weed purchases onlline 

I was commenting / agreeing  on the 500+% increase in hospital admissions as nonsense, as for the rest of the article - journalistic clap-trap true or not is meaningless. 

• Like 1