Trump suggests he’ll launch his 2024 presidential campaign on Nov. 15 in Florida

onthedarkside

''Mike Allen at Axios has described the midterms as “Trump’s awful night”. In today’s Axios AM email, Allen writes:

Former president Trump is facing waves of blame after key Republican candidates lost in midterms. Regardless of the reality with Republican primary voters, Republican elites – and other anti-Trump Republicans – sense blood in the water. There’s an increased likelihood of a larger, more boisterous primary field competing against Trump in 2024.

Many of former president Trump’s handpicked candidates were defeated or struggled in otherwise winnable races — a lineup of underachievers.

Trump’s planned rally at Mar-a-Lago next Tuesday, where he’s expected to announce a 2024 presidential campaign, now won’t come after a Republican landslide. Instead, it will follow an election where Democrats have a solid chance to hold or even expand their hold on the Senate — and where Republicans fell way short of their expectations for a sizeable red wave.

Trump constrained his party’s coalition in states where he showed up. Trump’s promotion of candidates outside the political mainstream – or celebrities without political experience – proved to be costly for Republicans.''

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2022/nov/09/midterm-elections-2022-results-senate-house-us-democrats-republicans-live-updates-latest-news

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump will not like this editorial from Fox.

The biggest loser? Donald Trump, whose hand-picked loyalist candidates in a number of races struggled to beat vulnerable Democrats. Once again, the former president may have cost Republicans control of the senate, in a year when it was theirs to lose.

• Thumbs Up 1

This will sound arrogant, and likely is.

I spent my entire education through grad school, and my entire working life around the intellectually gifted. I sometimes forget there is an entire left side of the IQ Bell Curve. I am reminded of its existence when I listen to 45 supporters or watch his rallies. All of those who support him lost the Birth Lottery. Brains were not distributed equally. The Universe isn't fair.

The QAnon idiocy speaks for itself. How dumb must a person be to embrace that nonsense? 45 owns that demographic.

In the trial of one of the 6 Jan terrorists, the defendant actually said he thought the Electoral College was where people go to learn to be politicians. That level of ignorance makes my teeth hurt. It's 45's bread and butter.

Go a std dev or two left of the mean on the IQ Bell Curve, and you've arrived at 45's base.

His schtick is wearing really thin, however, and the more astute repubs are looking for someone new. 45 will probably announce, but he will fade, with his major news play being about his indictments, which are sure to come. Conspiracy to Commit Espionage is a slam dunk (the stolen TS/SCI and HCS files recovered by the FBI are prima facie evidence of guilt), but DoJ seems also to be building a case for Sedition re 6 Jan, too.

I seriously doubt 45's life will end as a free man. It's ironic. The biggest mistake the US ever made was electing him, but the biggest mistake he ever made was running for POTUS, as it brought lots of attention to his life of crime, and gave him ample opportunity to add to the list of offenses.

He should have remained a Game Show host for the Drooling Goobers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Trump will not like this editorial from Fox.

The biggest loser? Donald Trump, whose hand-picked loyalist candidates in a number of races struggled to beat vulnerable Democrats. Once again, the former president may have cost Republicans control of the senate, in a year when it was theirs to lose.

Yep.

15 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

This will sound arrogant, and likely is.

I spent my entire education through grad school, and my entire working life around the intellectually gifted. I sometimes forget there is an entire left side of the IQ Bell Curve. I am reminded of its existence when I listen to 45 supporters or watch his rallies. All of those who support him lost the Birth Lottery. Brains were not distributed equally. The Universe isn't fair.

The QAnon idiocy speaks for itself. How dumb must a person be to embrace that nonsense? 45 owns that demographic.

In the trial of one of the 6 Jan terrorists, the defendant actually said he thought the Electoral College was where people go to learn to be politicians. That level of ignorance makes my teeth hurt. It's 45's bread and butter.

Go a std dev or two left of the mean on the IQ Bell Curve, and you've arrived at 45's base.

His schtick is wearing really thin, however, and the more astute repubs are looking for someone new. 45 will probably announce, but he will fade, with his major news play being about his indictments, which are sure to come. Conspiracy to Commit Espionage is a slam dunk (the stolen TS/SCI and HCS files recovered by the FBI are prima facie evidence of guilt), but DoJ seems also to be building a case for Sedition re 6 Jan, too.

I seriously doubt 45's life will end as a free man. It's ironic. The biggest mistake the US ever made was electing him, but the biggest mistake he ever made was running for POTUS, as it brought lots of attention to his life of crime, and gave him ample opportunity to add to the list of offenses.

He should have remained a Game Show host for the Drooling Goobers.

All you do is abuse people.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Joe is Potus. You seem to forget who it is. 

Do I really have to explain the point to you? Okay. Here it goes. It's one thing for a private citizen to engage in name calling (if, in fact, heybruce has done that). It's quite another for a political leader to engage in that activity. Especially when he does it on a regular and monotonous basis.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

You're the one who defended Trump in this context  with your response that "It's not your job to keep America safe." Why did you post that? You really think that's a question the answer to which isn't self-evident? How clueless does someone have to be to  in  the 21st century to even ask that question? 

Heavy abuse of MM for no reason. No respect. No manners.

Why should people respect you?

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Have you ever referred to Trump as anything other than his name I.E Donald Trump or POTUS ?

Ever called him the orange one or 45 or anything of that nature ?

Actually not. Unless you think calling him Trump and not Donald Trump is somehow abusive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Trump is a private citizen.

Well, even if that was a good point, for 4 years he wasn't. And he frequently and publicly abused members of his own cabinet, among many, many others. And I don't think someone who speaks publicly at frequent partisan rallies and is strongly hinting at another run for President is exactly a private citizen. He's a public figure and chooses to continue to be one. It's one thing to speak in private, quite another to speak in public in front of crowds. In fact, the Supreme Court recognized that differences in libel and slander standards when it ruled in the Sullivan case that public figures have a much higher bar to prove slander or libel than does a standard issue private citizen.

• Like 1